Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #211
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

The FE list is officially closed. Anyone wishing to join later will be advised that they may join, but they will most likely not receive gifts from everyone, as people purchased/made gifts based on the March 28th numbers.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #212
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

While I was out doing some cruise shopping (only 3 weekends left to plan and pack) my husband decided to give in and by DVC membership (he's in LA for work). We will be official members in the next two weeks once we sign all of the paperwork that is being mailed, but we are DVC members and our home resort is Animal Kingdom. We're going to see if we can add to it on the cruise--they always have some sort of deal to purchase DVC on board.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #213
randomiam79
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207
While I was out doing some cruise shopping (only 3 weekends left to plan and pack) my husband decided to give in and by DVC membership (he's in LA for work). We will be official members in the next two weeks once we sign all of the paperwork that is being mailed, but we are DVC members and our home resort is Animal Kingdom. We're going to see if we can add to it on the cruise--they always have some sort of deal to purchase DVC on board.
You should see if you can wait to buy on the cruise. The onboard incentives are usually better!
randomiam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:22 PM   #214
kentuckymouse
Earning My Ears

Tinkslite: up in the thread we had confirmation Jordan is a boy.
kentuckymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:19 PM   #215
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomiam79

You should see if you can wait to buy on the cruise. The onboard incentives are usually better!
He already purchased it. We're going to try to add on more points or buy another set on board. We've sat through the on board seminars quite a few times, and they do offer nice incentives.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #216
AEIceDogsMOM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207 View Post
AEIceDogsMOM--would you like to be included on the FE list as well as your children? You are more than welcome to have 2 rooms on the list (if you are in separate rooms) or you may also include your names--some people will be giving personalized gifts, and some people give gifts that are gender/age specific. Also---I see that you have joined the lanyard list!
Sorry for the late reply had technical issues logging in the other day! I am happy just to include the kids. This trip is about them another one can be about me. I love the lanyard list idea!
AEIceDogsMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #217
AEIceDogsMOM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckymouse View Post
First things first: Happy Document Dance!!

Next, it might be embedded in the conversations, but with new additions, I just wanted to check:

Monk: Is Taylor a boy or a girl?
mddog 2nd group: Is Riley a boy or a girl?
AEIcedogM: Jadzia and Kiernan... awesome names! But let me know their genders.

Thank you all!!! Almost to the ONE MONTH mark!!! WOohoo!!!!!!!!
Once again sorry I took so long to reply! Kiernan is a boy and Jadzia is a girl... the names are gaelic, I love them too! lol
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #218
AEIceDogsMOM
Earning My Ears

Cool Questions

Ok here we go. We are celebrating my Special Needs son's 21st birthday on this trip, we are having the stateroom decorated, getting a cake. I want to make sure he gets the most out of this trip. He is so excited! (He keeps inviting everyone he meets) Any suggestions from veterans? Since he is an adult who functions in a childlike manner he won't be included in kids activities. Ideas/thoughts? What shouldn't he miss?

Sara
Old 04-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #219
WDWMarcy
Earning My Ears

Sara,

What a fun way to celebrate! If he likes characters, DEFINITELY take advantage of the meets. There are SO MANY! (And if you do, the plan to buy the photo package.) The lines are longest on the at sea day. We also took pictures with everyone. Our room attendant and a bride who got married on CC. Everyone signed the autograph book, too!

Does he enjoy fireworks? If you are worried about too much noise, ask at guest relations for the best place to view from a distance. (It is typically a bit breezy for fireworks, so the sounds aren't so bad.)

That being said, check with guest relations on the ship and ask them for ideas! They want to make your magic happen. There are so many activities. Maybe some of the cooking and craft opportunities for the whole family? (I don't have a navigator handy. We only just decided to do this cruise last night.)

The Midship Detective Agency can be played throughout the trip. I think it is a lot of fun! I love when the art comes to life, and I bet he will, too....even if you aren't doing the MDA, so many of the art pieces move!

Are you participating in the Fish Extender trade? Even if you aren't, it is fun to put one up, and one of you can sneak back and put treats you know he'd enjoy in it. Who doesn't love coming back to the room and finding a special something waiting?! If you are participating, take him to deliver treats if you think he'd like it. It is a fun way to see all of the door decorations. SO MUCH CREATIVITY! You can do it a deck at a time. Again, if you aren't participating, maybe go grab a bag or two of easter candy being cleared out (be sure it is clearly labeled for allergens,) or maybe some temporary tattoos? Something small and easy to carry. It's a nice bit of exercise.

If you think he'd like to dress up, dress up for pirate night! Lots of adults do.

Tell us a little bit about him. Favorite characters or snacks? I'd love to help make his trip a little more special, and I always have room in my bag to bring some extra pixie dust. Since we signed up too late for FE fun, I'm always up for some magic!

WDW: Swan '04, offsite '04, '05', 06, AS Movies '07, Poly '08, ASSports '08, AK Kidani 2010, ASMovies 2011, SS/BW '11, BLT '11, offsite '12 BLT '12, SS WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 for DH's first Marathon! Tower of Terror 10 miler 2013 BLT, WDW Marathon 2014 BLT Wine and Dine weekend 2014 SS, WDW Marathon Weekend 2014 SS
DL: DL 1985, DCA 2004, DL 1/2 Marathon '13 GC DL 1/2 Marathon '14 PP
DCL: Dream 4 night Bahamas 2011, Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean 2012, Dream 4 night Bahamas April 28, 2013
Back to Back on the Dream November 10 and 14, 2014
WDWMarcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #220
kitselaar
Earning My Ears

FE list

Hello,

I thought we were on the FE list because our name is on the first page of this thread but I could't find us on the excel list. We already purchased our gifts. So would it be possible to put us on the list and join the fun?
Our room number will be 7618. The ages of our kids are 14 (Cathelijn), 12 (Aspelin) and 9 (Quinten). We are both 47 years old.

Happy Eastern (we celebrate this 2 days long in the Netherlands....)
Meta
kitselaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #221
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitselaar View Post
Hello,

I thought we were on the FE list because our name is on the first page of this thread but I could't find us on the excel list. We already purchased our gifts. So would it be possible to put us on the list and join the fun?
Our room number will be 7618. The ages of our kids are 14 (Cathelijn), 12 (Aspelin) and 9 (Quinten). We are both 47 years old.

Happy Eastern (we celebrate this 2 days long in the Netherlands....)
Meta
Go ahead and add yourselves to the FE list! I can totally see how the miscommunication happened! The link for the FE list is in my signature.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #222
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

WDW Marcy--you can still sign up for the FE. Some people purchased/made extra gifts.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #223
AEIceDogsMOM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWMarcy View Post
Sara,

What a fun way to celebrate! If he likes characters, DEFINITELY take advantage of the meets. There are SO MANY! (And if you do, the plan to buy the photo package.) The lines are longest on the at sea day. We also took pictures with everyone. Our room attendant and a bride who got married on CC. Everyone signed the autograph book, too!

Does he enjoy fireworks? If you are worried about too much noise, ask at guest relations for the best place to view from a distance. (It is typically a bit breezy for fireworks, so the sounds aren't so bad.)

That being said, check with guest relations on the ship and ask them for ideas! They want to make your magic happen. There are so many activities. Maybe some of the cooking and craft opportunities for the whole family? (I don't have a navigator handy. We only just decided to do this cruise last night.)

The Midship Detective Agency can be played throughout the trip. I think it is a lot of fun! I love when the art comes to life, and I bet he will, too....even if you aren't doing the MDA, so many of the art pieces move!

Are you participating in the Fish Extender trade? Even if you aren't, it is fun to put one up, and one of you can sneak back and put treats you know he'd enjoy in it. Who doesn't love coming back to the room and finding a special something waiting?! If you are participating, take him to deliver treats if you think he'd like it. It is a fun way to see all of the door decorations. SO MUCH CREATIVITY! You can do it a deck at a time. Again, if you aren't participating, maybe go grab a bag or two of easter candy being cleared out (be sure it is clearly labeled for allergens,) or maybe some temporary tattoos? Something small and easy to carry. It's a nice bit of exercise.

If you think he'd like to dress up, dress up for pirate night! Lots of adults do.

Tell us a little bit about him. Favorite characters or snacks? I'd love to help make his trip a little more special, and I always have room in my bag to bring some extra pixie dust. Since we signed up too late for FE fun, I'm always up for some magic!
Thank you so much. I figured a lot of our trip would be taken up with Character meets. Meeting Mickey and the gang is a daily discussion. He loves anything Disney. He is visually impaired so loud noises and fireworks tend to startle him, thanks for the tip about that. We did sign up for the FE list, so excited. This is our first DC and probably our only one so I want to make it the best.

Hmm. "tell us about him" : Favorite Characters are Mickey and Goofy (if he had to pick) He also loves Pooh and Tigger. He is all about Music, his iPod is his best friend. We had to get him a classic so he could keep ALL of his music on it. Country music and Disney songs are his favorite. Fav food? Anything!!! He is a boy!! He is the kindest sweetest boy ever. Be careful when asking me to tell you about him, I am a MOM I will go on forever!!

His 10 year old sister and 7 year old brother are all about Pirates so they will all be decked out for Pirate night!

Ok, next question: Can you tell me more about the photo package?? The MDA sound interesting for the whole family! I have so much to learn!

Our bags are mostly packed, we are spending this snowy Easter Monday in Ontario putting together FE gifts! Thank you for your suggestions! Keep'em coming!!

Sara
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #224
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIceDogsMOM View Post

Thank you so much. I figured a lot of our trip would be taken up with Character meets. Meeting Mickey and the gang is a daily discussion. He loves anything Disney. He is visually impaired so loud noises and fireworks tend to startle him, thanks for the tip about that. We did sign up for the FE list, so excited. This is our first DC and probably our only one so I want to make it the best.

Hmm. "tell us about him" : Favorite Characters are Mickey and Goofy (if he had to pick) He also loves Pooh and Tigger. He is all about Music, his iPod is his best friend. We had to get him a classic so he could keep ALL of his music on it. Country music and Disney songs are his favorite. Fav food? Anything!!! He is a boy!! He is the kindest sweetest boy ever. Be careful when asking me to tell you about him, I am a MOM I will go on forever!!

His 10 year old sister and 7 year old brother are all about Pirates so they will all be decked out for Pirate night!

Ok, next question: Can you tell me more about the photo package?? The MDA sound interesting for the whole family! I have so much to learn!

Our bags are mostly packed, we are spending this snowy Easter Monday in Ontario putting together FE gifts! Thank you for your suggestions! Keep'em coming!!

Sara
There are lots of fun family activities aboard the ship-learning how to draw characters, napkin folding, arts & crafts, tours of the ship (art of the theme ship tour), cooking classes, disney trivia (we'll be at every one), music trivia, etc.

We have never done the photo package, so i can't comment on it. We have always just used our own camera (the character's attendant will take pictures with your camera).

The midship detective agency game is fun! It's a great way to get a look at the animated art.

It's also fun to just walk around the ship and look at everything.

Of course there is always swimming and riding the aquaduck, and shows every night.

All this talk of cruising makes me want ti get on board right now!! Less than four weeks until we cruise!

Old 04-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #225
WDWMarcy
Earning My Ears

Check with guest relations about the best place that is quiet/isolated during the fireworks. Nearly every Disney movie is available on demand in your room, so that is an option. The fireworks are brief.

The photo package is pricey, however, if you use it, you can really benefit. It's about $300 or so. It includes a CD with all of the images, plus prints of a lot of the pictures that were taken, many with added Disney images around it. They do have professsional portraits you can do, just wait in line, for no extra cost. You can have the pics made and pick and choose, too. We did it on the Dream, and didn't really plan to USE IT, but bought them anyway. When we did 7 days on the Fantasy, we did portraits on formal night and on pirate night. Great pics, and we just planned to take lots and lots of pictures. We were really pleased with the purchase. As Sarah said, they will also use your camera, so that isn't a worry. Just putting it out there, as I imagine getting the family together, dressed and off to a scheduled portrait session at the mall or with a photographer stressed me out. It was so easy to do on the ship!

WDW: Swan '04, offsite '04, '05', 06, AS Movies '07, Poly '08, ASSports '08, AK Kidani 2010, ASMovies 2011, SS/BW '11, BLT '11, offsite '12 BLT '12, SS WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 for DH's first Marathon! Tower of Terror 10 miler 2013 BLT, WDW Marathon 2014 BLT Wine and Dine weekend 2014 SS, WDW Marathon Weekend 2014 SS
DL: DL 1985, DCA 2004, DL 1/2 Marathon '13 GC DL 1/2 Marathon '14 PP
DCL: Dream 4 night Bahamas 2011, Fantasy 7 night Eastern Caribbean 2012, Dream 4 night Bahamas April 28, 2013
Back to Back on the Dream November 10 and 14, 2014
WDWMarcy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: