Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 11:07 PM   #331
shanie17
Mouseketeer

That sounds so fun!!!!!!! I definently want to do that!

url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
shanie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:18 AM   #332
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

We were able to check-in and book excursions last night. We got everything we wanted whoa hoo.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Disneyland California 2009
Disney Wester Caribbean Cruise 2011/2013/2015
Disney World 2011 / 2012 / 2014
Disney Eastern Carribean Cruise 2012
Disney Alaskian Cruise 2012
Disney California Coast Cruise 2014
Disney Panama Canal repo 2014
Thnlk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #333
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Yaay! I checked in last night as well and was pleased to get all we wanted (cabana, Tulum ruins, 11:00am check-in). Also, a parasailing venture for Grammy who chickened out and then regretted it last year.

QUESTION: Does anyone else give gifts to their cast members? We brought stuff last year and decided against it, leaving a heftier tip. Though this year I would like to do some sort of Halloween-themed goodie bag for those exceptional CMs (as well as our servers, etc.). Any ideas?
I know in the past phone cards were popular, but it seems to be outdated now since they all have international phones and/or email to communicate with their loved ones...

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
melaniesposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #334
leahmichl
Mouseketeer

If by some crazy chance someone decides they do not want their cabana, please let me know! I had a blonde moment and didn't realize today was the 29th and by the time I logged in they were all gone
December 2007 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - January 2008 NCL Jewel - January 2010 Celebrity Century - February 2012 DCL Magic - August 2012 DCL Dream - March 2013 DCL Wonder - October 2013 DCL Magic - January 2015 Dream - Summer 2015 Alaska
leahmichl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM   #335
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

We were lucky enough to get a cabana. I wonder if they save a couple to be booked on board or when you get to Castaway Cay. The reason I say that is if you look at the list of cabanas it doesn't show 16 and 21 being sold out.

Disneyland Tokyo 1990
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #336
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmichl View Post
If by some crazy chance someone decides they do not want their cabana, please let me know! I had a blonde moment and didn't realize today was the 29th and by the time I logged in they were all gone
Sorry to hear this...

Last year I was a first time cruiser and all the cabanas were booked (I checked every day until the cruise). I called DCL ahead of time to put my name down on the waiting list; however, when I checked-in on the ship (had a 12:00 check-in time) they said there was no waiting list and I was able to put my name on the list (was third on the list). The day before our day at CC we received a VM on our room phone offering us the room!

Just a little faith, trust + pixie dust sent your way! Good luck!

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
Old 07-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #337
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniesposa View Post
QUESTION: Does anyone else give gifts to their cast members? We brought stuff last year and decided against it, leaving a heftier tip. Though this year I would like to do some sort of Halloween-themed goodie bag for those exceptional CMs (as well as our servers, etc.). Any ideas?
I know in the past phone cards were popular, but it seems to be outdated now since they all have international phones and/or email to communicate with their loved ones...

Honestly, I have debated this in the past and ultimately I keep just coming back to just cash. I know it sounds so ordinary, but the way someone described it to me was like going out to a restaurant and telling the waiter that 2/3 of the tip is in cash, the rest is in treats.

I just feel like cash can acquire all that other stuff or be used to pay bills. Then again, maybe I am wrong and they do like the bonus gift too.
mmcxiiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #338
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Thought this might be fun:

What things have you signed up for? It would be interesting to know if we have unknowingly signed to do excursions or other things together. Also, it may give ideas for things we haven't thought about doing.

Here is what we have so far:

Palo Brunch on 10/28
Cozumel - nothing yet
Palo Dinner on 10/30
Castaway Cay - Cabanna #4

Cozumel is proving to be tricky, we are trying to think of something we can take all of our kids (10, 7, 5, 2) to do that isn't going to cost a fortune.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #339
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcxiiad View Post

What things have you signed up for? It would be interesting to know if we have unknowingly signed to do excursions or other things together. Also, it may give ideas for things we haven't thought about doing.

Palo Brunch on 10/28
Cozumel - nothing yet
Palo Dinner on 10/30

Cozumel is proving to be tricky, we are trying to think of something we can take all of our kids (10, 7, 5, 2) to do that isn't going to cost a fortune.
Castaway Cay - Cabana #6
Cozumel - Tulum ruins

Old 07-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #340
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Castaway Cay - Cabana #6
Cozumel - Tulum ruins
For a few days we had booked cabana 4 and 6. This was when we thought a bunch of our other family was coming. We gave up #6 a few weeks ago. When i saw that you had it it gave me a little smile.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #341
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
For a few days we had booked cabana 4 and 6. This was when we thought a bunch of our other family was coming. We gave up #6 a few weeks ago. When i saw that you had it it gave me a little smile.
Awww! Thanks - now we're all smiling now

Sorry to hear some of your family will not be able to make it but we will gladly take their place for the day - definitely swing by and say hello!!

Old 07-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #342
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awww! Thanks - now we're all smiling now

Sorry to hear some of your family will not be able to make it but we will gladly take their place for the day - definitely swing by and say hello!!
I wrote about the whole thing a few pages back... but it was a last minute "we want to go too" that fizzled out when the reality of money was introduced.

In hindsight we are kind of glad that it didn't happen. Sometimes a large family trip is great. Other times you need to go on a vacation afterwords to get over a large family trip. All things considering, it probably would have been more stress then it would have been worth.

Something else that is ironic - Spiify, who posted about 8 pages back, is in cabanna #5. So there is three of us in a row.

Last edited by mmcxiiad; 07-30-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #343
leahmichl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We've been to Cozumel a bunch of times and sometimes just stay and enjoy the less-crowded boat. Last time we grabbed a driver and had a private tour around the island. Wasn't too expensive, and we got to stay as long as we wanted at each stop, do what we wanted, etc. I enjoyed it more than I expected. Afterwards we met up with friends at Carlos & Charlie's for the free wifi and tasty frozen drinks The kids surprisingly had a great time - they got to dance, sing, drink giant smoothies out of yard glasses. They want to go back!
December 2007 RCCL Grandeur of the Seas - January 2008 NCL Jewel - January 2010 Celebrity Century - February 2012 DCL Magic - August 2012 DCL Dream - March 2013 DCL Wonder - October 2013 DCL Magic - January 2015 Dream - Summer 2015 Alaska
leahmichl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:27 PM   #344
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leahmichl View Post
We've been to Cozumel a bunch of times and sometimes just stay and enjoy the less-crowded boat. Last time we grabbed a driver and had a private tour around the island. Wasn't too expensive, and we got to stay as long as we wanted at each stop, do what we wanted, etc. I enjoyed it more than I expected. Afterwards we met up with friends at Carlos & Charlie's for the free wifi and tasty frozen drinks The kids surprisingly had a great time - they got to dance, sing, drink giant smoothies out of yard glasses. They want to go back!

We went a few years ago (when we only had 2 kids). we did a DIY excursion going to San Gervasio ruins and then Mr Sanchos. Really enjoyed it, though SG can be a lot of walking.

We are thinking about a few of the DCL excursions (Cozumel Highlights and Beach Tour or Mayan Ruins & Discover Mexico Culture Park). My wife really likes the idea of the culture that you can see.... though with young kids it is always a mixed bag.

Today I started looking at Nachi Cocom, which looks very interesting. My wife started reading a bit and was concerned that the beach has a drop off. My response was to do my best Marlin impression "THE DROP OFF?!?!?"
Old 07-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #345
Thnlk
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Palo Brunch on 10/28
Cozumel - nothing yet
Palo Dinner on 10/30

10/28 palo brunch
Cozumel Tulun ruins ( may change sound cool to see but sounds like a long trip to get there)
Castaway Cay Cabana #20 Palo dinner

Disneyland Tokyo 1990

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: