Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 11:33 AM   #301
Gnfoster
Disney FAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlightprincess View Post
OK so Ladies and Gentlemen I'm starting my FE gifts and I need a little help. For anybody doing the FE can you please let me know:
1. If they're are any allergies?
2. The favourite character of the people in your party?

Pretty please? Thanks, Debs x

Mom-Tinkerbell
Dad-Donald Duck
Luke-Mickey Mouse

Gnfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #302
Gnfoster
Disney FAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delrea View Post
That could potentially be 300-400 Fe gifts to buy/make/ship? Maybe we could vote? I guess if it got to be that many 1 gift per rooom would work as opposed to one for everybody? When I signed up on the list last night (from my phone so hopefully it went through-it looked like there were only 20 staterooms on it so far?!). Could you confirm that I did get on the list correctly?
I have to agree with you. Also, we have to pack all of the gifts in our luggage and then take home the "new" gifts. That's a lot of money, time and gifts to pack.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #303
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanie17 View Post
Are most of you fliers going into Miami airport or Fort Lauderdale? I'm looking at tix right now and am trying to weigh the pros and cons. I would love to fly southwest and not pay for bags for five people!!
We are driving. It is 15 hours, but a lot cheaper then 7 plane tickets. When we drive to florida, we leave when the kids get out of school (3pm) and drive until about 1:30am. This works out well for us becouse the kids sleep and there ends up being less potty breaks. We usually make it all the way to Jacksonville and then have a quick morning commute (2 hours) to WDW. Getting to Miami will be 5 or 6 hours from Jacksonville.

My inlaws will be flying to Ft Lauderdale. They are going to fly Jetblue since it will be non-stop from Richmond. I think the cost From FT Lauderdale to Miami will be about $40.

Last edited by mmcxiiad; 07-22-2013 at 12:09 PM.
mmcxiiad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #304
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Wink

So after 3 weeks of family in visiting, crazy hot humidity and being sick, my wife asked me if we could go on a pre-vacation vacation. After a pause she said is that too much to ask?

My response - is there ever such a thing as too much vacation? Now to find a way to pay for it.

The reality is we probably won't do something worth mentioning, but it will just to tide us over....

... October 25th can't get here soon enough.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #305
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Hello! I would love to know what your favorite FE gifts have been in the past and what your kids' favorites have been!!

Thanks for sharing and getting my creative juices flowing!
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #306
mickimark
Earning My Ears

WE WILL BE THERE!!! First time Disney cruisers....we have a 4 year old boy and he is SUPER excited!
mickimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 AM   #307
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Whoa - it's been awhile!
We moved from NYC to Philly and after all the adjustments, just ready to go on this vacation already!

To the person who asked (perhaps it would be easiest to include this as a colum on the FE list?)-
- no allergies
- favorite characters: Ariel, Alice, Merida, Rapunzel, Belle

Also, the FE is not meant to be work. IMO it was one of the most exciting parts of our cruise - just coming back to see what thoughtful gifts were in our 'mailbox' from our friends on the ship. Your contributions are based on what you can do, so if you can do a gift each night every night for every person in each cabin OR just one gift per cabin for the cruise - all is good! Hakuna matata!!

Shopping for our port adventures at work today and rummaging through our cruise stash to make sure we're all stocked!

For experienced cruisers, what was the most handy item you bring along?
For me - family of four in one cabin - two over-the-door shoe hangers to store our toiletries, wallets, and whathaveyous (limited counterspace, y'all!).

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
melaniesposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #308
hamm1207
Alaskan DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniesposa View Post
Whoa - it's been awhile!
We moved from NYC to Philly and after all the adjustments, just ready to go on this vacation already!

To the person who asked (perhaps it would be easiest to include this as a colum on the FE list?)-
- no allergies

Also, the FE is not meant to be work. IMO it was one of the most exciting parts of our cruise - just coming back to see what thoughtful gifts were in our 'mailbox' from our friends on the ship. Your contributions are based on what you can do, so if you can do a gift each night every night for every person in each cabin OR just one gift per cabin for the cruise - all is good! Hakuna matata!!

Shopping for our port adventures at work today and rummaging through our cruise stash to make sure we're all stocked!

For me - family of four in one cabin - two over-the-door shoe hangers to store our toiletries, wallets, and whathaveyous (limited counterspace, y'all!).
I knew I forgot a column on the FE list! I'm working 12 hour days today and tomorrow so I'll add the columns on Thursday.

I think I read somewhere that over the door hangers are no longer permitted as they cause damage to the door.

May 2010 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder January 26-30, 2011 Disney Dream Maiden VoyageApril 27-May 3, 2011 West Coast Repo Disney Wonder December 4-11, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder Eastern Caribbean - April 13-20, 2012 Disney Magic First Galveston Cruise - Sept 22-29, 2012 Disney Magic Bahamas Dream - Sept 30-Oct 4, 2012 Disney DreamApril 28-May 2, 2013 Disney Dream BahamasMay 4-11, 2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern CaribbeanOctober 27-November 1, 2013 Disney Magic out of Miami May 19, 2014 West Coast Repo-Disney Wonder May 24, 2014 Alaska Cruise-Disney Wonder
hamm1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #309
melaniesposa
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm1207 View Post
I knew I forgot a column on the FE list! I'm working 12 hour days today and tomorrow so I'll add the columns on Thursday.

I think I read somewhere that over the door hangers are no longer permitted as they cause damage to the door.
Well, dangit!
Guess I'll have to rig them to hang in the closet!

Thanks for the heads up though!

July 1985: Off-site - MK, EPCOT / April 1993: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ April 1994: Off-site - MK, EPCOT, MGM/ March 2010: Pop-Century - MK, AK/ Sept. 2010: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / May 2011: FW Cabins - MK, DHS, EPCOT / Dec. 2011: Off-site - MK / Aug. 2012: DCL (Magic: NYC to Bahamas) - MK /Dec. 2012: Art of Animation / October 2013: DCL (Magic: Miami to W. Caribbean) / October 2014: WDW (Art of Animation) & DCL (Fantasy: E. Caribbean)
melaniesposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #310
Delrea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniesposa
Whoa - it's been awhile!

- no allergies

My fav were the over the door shoe hangers as well but DCL no longer allows them.
Delrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #311
TheWescotts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcxiiad View Post
We are driving. It is 15 hours, but a lot cheaper then 7 plane tickets. When we drive to florida, we leave when the kids get out of school (3pm) and drive until about 1:30am. This works out well for us becouse the kids sleep and there ends up being less potty breaks. We usually make it all the way to Jacksonville and then have a quick morning commute (2 hours) to WDW. Getting to Miami will be 5 or 6 hours from Jacksonville.

My inlaws will be flying to Ft Lauderdale. They are going to fly Jetblue since it will be non-stop from Richmond. I think the cost From FT Lauderdale to Miami will be about $40.
Where are you coming from, because you travel time is pretty much identical to ours. 15 hours to port. Plan to make it to Jacksonville or so the first day.

Except we are leaving around 9 or 10 on Friday, then on Sat we will drive to WDW and spend some time at MK. Get up Sunday morning and head to Miami.
TheWescotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #312
mickimark
Earning My Ears

QuestionS???

Help...I'm new to this FE thing. Do I need to sign up somewhere? Is there a list or does the "list" not come out until we get our room assignments? How many ppl are there, because this could get really expensive. I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!!

Also, has anyone ever had any luck on changing rooms/upgrading rooms once you get to the cruise terminal? I have done it on Royal Carribean once but my last time on Carnival they said no. Just wondering if anyone has done it with Disney. This is our first Disney cruise, things seem a bit different then other cruises....which I like!!
mickimark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #313
Gnfoster
Disney FAN!

Has anyone come across the 5 night navigator? I've seen 6 nights, but can't locate the 5 nights. :-)

Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #314
shanie17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickimark View Post
Help...I'm new to this FE thing. Do I need to sign up somewhere? Is there a list or does the "list" not come out until we get our room assignments? How many ppl are there, because this could get really expensive. I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!!

Also, has anyone ever had any luck on changing rooms/upgrading rooms once you get to the cruise terminal? I have done it on Royal Carribean once but my last time on Carnival they said no. Just wondering if anyone has done it with Disney. This is our first Disney cruise, things seem a bit different then other cruises....which I like!!
Micki there is a sign up on here for the FE. It's jhamm that is organizing it.ill see if I can find the link and post it.....

There are upgrades you can do at the port ...
I think it just depends on what is available .

url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/url]
shanie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 AM   #315
mmcxiiad
Mouseketeer

Just found some info about the halloween festivities. Enjoy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: