Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #46
CruizinTigers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabit View Post
Its driiving me crazy. I'm almost to the point where I'll risk the loss of the trip costs just so I don't have to deal with insurance companies!! Not yet...but almost.
I know that feeling!!! I felt the same way before I landed with Squaremouth and a Travelex policy. Only time will tell if we made the right choice. Actually, I hope we never have to find out if we made the right choice.

To mammacaryn, for our last cruise we insured through Disney who use Allianz behind the scenes. When we had to cancel our trip due to hurricane Sandy, I found them very easy to work but they botched up the handling our claim, first sending it to the wrong area before finally having it routed to the Disney claims examiners. What should have taken 7 - 10 days took nearly 20, and then on top of that they denied our claim!! Fortunately we had the Disney Protection Plan which entitled us to a credit for a future cruise in the amount we would have lost, which would have been the full cost of our cruise since we canceled just 2 days before sailing. Any way, I hope you never have to use them, but if you do, I hope your experience is better than ours. Every situation is different so our situation could be the exception not the rule with them.

To brrabit, good luck with your decision. Let us know what you choose and what factors influenced your decision. Hopefully this can helps future cruisers facing the same decision.
CruizinTigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 PM   #47
tinkmt
Mouseketeer

We have used Travel Guard as well. While we never filed a claim, we did have to call on a few other issues and they were more than helpful! Also, if you happen to be a USAA member, they offer travel issurance too. The cost is compairable and you have up to 120 days to purchase the insurance after the initial deposit for pre-exisiting conditions (with the Gold plan).
tinkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: