Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #106
cfw213
DIS Veteran

ETWB sounds awesome! I thought you just kind of went in and she read you a story. Now I definitely want to try it out!

September 2012 TR - COMPLETE- Are you Push?? Our sister trip around the World - A September 2012 TR
October 2013 TR - IN PROGRESS- Where are we going? What are we doing? An engagement/anniversary extravaganza! - An Oct 2013 TR

Old 02-14-2013, 08:59 AM   #107
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I don't really have a big enough interest with ETWB to wait in line or sacrifice early park hours for it, though I'm sure that will change once my little princess is old enough to appreciate it. However, that mirror effect is spectacular and I'd almost be tempted to go just for that alone (well, that and Lumičre).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #108
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
My iPad only sometimes loads pictures from disboards correctly and now is not one of them apparently so I'll have to comment on them later!

I'm really hoping this September trip gets to happen. I'm planning it as though it will rotfl but it really is 50-50 in the air right now dependent on the job situation. That said, it would be totally awesome if we were there at the same time! Our tentative dates right now are September 10-21st but it may get pushed back a tad so we can ensure we can make it over to HHN at Universal! When will you be there?!
Hahaha, my phone does that all the time too, makes it hard for reading TRs on the app, but hey, it's an excuse to spend mroe time on the disboards at home! Lol

Nice!! Those were our dates for last year!! I'm really hoping that I can make it a bit of a longer trip in Sept, here's hoping for a new/second job next month so I can actually make money. I calculated my dance costs and including 1 competition I've spent like 6 grand since Sept.... I would love to check out HHN!! Never thought of that, but I really want to hit up like, 3 MNSSHP, too many costumes that I want to dress up as!! My guess is we'll be there sometime around those dates, I know I'll have a comp in Oct, plus Dream Along auditions, so that counts Oct out, but I wanted to do some food and wine..WHO KNOWS?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the indepth ETwB description! I've been wondering how you went from the cottage to the library. I'm so glad that you're not required to pretend that library could be in the cottage.

Equally glad to know that anyone who wants to can be in the show. I'm pretty sure that Maddie would just die if she didn't get to do it (though she may very well get shy at the last minute).
Thanks!! It was amazing!! UGH, I can't get over it!! They are really good about getting everyone involved, I'm sure Maddie will love it!! Yay!! So excited for your upcoming trip!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 02-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #109
katt789
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=cfw213;47503246]ETWB sounds awesome! I thought you just kind of went in and she read you a story. Now I definitely want to try it out![/QUOTE

Ahahaha, that would so not be worth it!! Lol, I really thought it was really well done and super cute!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I don't really have a big enough interest with ETWB to wait in line or sacrifice early park hours for it, though I'm sure that will change once my little princess is old enough to appreciate it. However, that mirror effect is spectacular and I'd almost be tempted to go just for that alone (well, that and Lumičre).
Fair deal!! I really wanted to see if, and the wait times weren't that bad later on in the day either, you definitely don't end up wasting that much time either, depending how quickly you can get there. UGH, those parts were so amazing, LOVE !!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:54 PM   #110
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Wonderful pictures and description of ETWB. I am going to head there first thing on my MK day in two weeks.

I've only seen the Welcome show once (I know, terrible!) and I can't remember if Peter was there. Hmmmm, may have to find those pictures from 2011 and see if I can spot him.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #111
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Hahaha the Disboards app definitely gives me an excuse to spend twice the amount of time on here.

I'm so sad we never got the chance to do ETWB when we were there. It looks so cool. Our first day in MK we ran there at rope drop and it was broken lol and by the time we did VTLM and met Ariel it had a 50 minute wait. Oh well, something to look forward to next time! Love your photo tour to hold me off til then.

I wanna say Peter was in our opening show but I could be wrong. I'll have to go back and check my video of it.

The Tremaines seem to ride the carousel before their first set each morning! We ran past them on our way to ETWB the day it was down and now I wish we had stopped. Then our last day, we were stalking them because we hadn't gotten to meet them yet and saw they were on the carousel again. I love when characters do spontaneous things like that.

As for September, we really want to do a longer trip because both of ours were 7/8 days and we spent all day every day going and going. This time we wanna do 12 days, 6 in the park, 1 for MNSSHP and 1 for HHN. That way we have some down time and some time to hopefully hit up the water parks. HHN, while totally the opposite of Disney looks too amazing to pass up and DBF loves horror stuff like that. We're in the same boat with waiting to see the deal with the job situation. 6 grand on dance is a HUGE expense. Good for you with your dedication though!!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 02-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #112
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Wonderful pictures and description of ETWB. I am going to head there first thing on my MK day in two weeks.

I've only seen the Welcome show once (I know, terrible!) and I can't remember if Peter was there. Hmmmm, may have to find those pictures from 2011 and see if I can spot him.
Thanks!! It definitely is worth it, and I mean, the only other thing I'd be missing would be one ride and the time grabbing a fast pass, so I'm not too concerned!!

Lol, no worries, it's just become something I can't miss now! I know that the characters do change up every so often, and Peter appears to be out now, they probably just pushed his meet and greet time to starting earlier. I've never seen him out before, but who knows?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Hahaha the Disboards app definitely gives me an excuse to spend twice the amount of time on here.

I'm so sad we never got the chance to do ETWB when we were there. It looks so cool. Our first day in MK we ran there at rope drop and it was broken lol and by the time we did VTLM and met Ariel it had a 50 minute wait. Oh well, something to look forward to next time! Love your photo tour to hold me off til then.

I wanna say Peter was in our opening show but I could be wrong. I'll have to go back and check my video of it.

The Tremaines seem to ride the carousel before their first set each morning! We ran past them on our way to ETWB the day it was down and now I wish we had stopped. Then our last day, we were stalking them because we hadn't gotten to meet them yet and saw they were on the carousel again. I love when characters do spontaneous things like that.

As for September, we really want to do a longer trip because both of ours were 7/8 days and we spent all day every day going and going. This time we wanna do 12 days, 6 in the park, 1 for MNSSHP and 1 for HHN. That way we have some down time and some time to hopefully hit up the water parks. HHN, while totally the opposite of Disney looks too amazing to pass up and DBF loves horror stuff like that. We're in the same boat with waiting to see the deal with the job situation. 6 grand on dance is a HUGE expense. Good for you with your dedication though!!
Oh god, it's insane, with the app I don't have to ever not be on the dis!! Lol

The tremaines look like they have such a blast of everything, it'd be so much fun to get to play around with them!!

AH! I really want to do a super long trip, like, five days for disney, 1 and maybe a half day for universal, 1 day for sea world, making it like, the length of last Sept's trip but with the same people the whole time, and not as much time in Disney, and of course like, 3 MNSSHP durign that trip lol

Old 02-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #113
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Seaweed is Always Greener

My next set of business was to check out the Under the Sea, Journey of the Little Mermaid! I had ridden it before, over in DCA, and was excited to see how it compared! I had heard a lot of complaints about it, I think people just expected more of the expansion, but I mean, it’s so incredible, how can you not love it?!

You walk past/through the outer walls of the castle while going in, and it’s all set up as if you’re right on the sea line too!

Everything’s done so well, and there are even things like sea shells, and seagull prints stuck in the ground, so pay attention to where you’re walking! It’s cute!

There’s a really big waterfall as you’re walking in too, and all the lights, and even water fountains are themed perfectly!

As you start to the semi-indoor part of the queue there’s a little message from Ariel explaining a little game that you can play to help pass the time!

There’s a close up of the little crabs, although I didn’t stop to try and play along, the line was moving pretty quickly, and I could see a feathered friend up ahead!

Then there’s the inside of the queue, and it is absolutely amazing, it’s all themed like you’re in the downstairs of a castle, and it’s huge and seriously awesome!

I finally reached the end of the ginormous queue, and was seriously in awe, it alone had blown DCA’s out of the water! I eagerly jumped into my shell…clam…mobile? They’re the exact same as Nemo, but different colors! And I was on my way under the sea!!

Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #114
katt789
DIS Veteran

Somebody's Gotta Nail That Girl's Fins to the Floor

Hey guys!! Forgot to include this in the previous one, but, hope you're all having a fantastic weekend and that everything is superbly magical! If you are interested in my plans for my upcoming trip in a bit more detail, HERE:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3061396
Is the link to my pre trip report!!

I boarded my shell, and was slowly going down under the sea through a shipwrecked boat!

Scuttle greets you again and rambles along a little bit about the story and then says that he may as well show you instead.

I thought it was really awesome because as you went “under water” they pumped in the air conditioning to make it seem like it was cooler than it was when you were in the world above!

Run away with you? Oh this is oh so sudden!!

Time for the Under the Sea dance party!! And luckily in Florida, Ariel has no ice cream hair here!! Yay!!

You go through a bunch of the “Kiss the Girl” scene too, but none of my pictures turned out, and when you come up from underwater, it gets all warm again! The effects like that that Disney has thrown into this attraction is awesome!

The ride is super cute, a veeeery long queue, much like Nemo over at Epcot, I don’t think the line will ever actually be full, as the ride isn’t too much of a headliner, you don’t need to hit it up first thing.

I popped right next door when I was finished with the ride over to Ariel’s Grotto, the wait time was posted at 10 minutes, and I thought that was awesome, so I jumped in line. In actuality, I just waited about 5 minutes before getting into the Grotto. I noticed that they (SPOLIER) definitely have two grottos to keep the lines moving faster, which also makes sense as to why they were hiring more girls to be friends with Ariel.

It was a different Ariel than the last time, and she was great! She said that she loved my shirt, and that she should buy a shirt with a picture of me on it! Hhaha, so cute! She asked where I was from, I said Canada, and she said that there were some cold waters up there! Ariel made sure to let me know that I was going to take some warm waters back up with me!

Pretty sure I look derpy in that photo, but hey, it’s the only photo that I have from that one! She was great! I said good bye to Ariel and headed out back into Old Fantasyland to grab a fast pass for Peter Pan’s flight for later, and then BACK into the expansion to Gaston’s Tavern, it was time for another LeFou’s Brew!

These things are so tasty! I really do enjoy them, they are super apple juice-ey, and can be super sweet tasting, but everyone will either like it or hate it. Much like butterbeer! I had to get a move on though, no lingering for me, I had another plan for the morning, and that involved getting in line at 10:15 for something very important!

[b][i]Waiting in line to eat at Be Our Guest So excited!![b][i]

Everybody wants to eat at Be Our Guest! #lineups #notevenaproblem #imoneofthem

The entrance to the castle is so awesome! The bridge is nice and long, and there’s lots to look at so even if you do have to wait, it isn’t that bad. You can see Belle’s cottage from the one side, and the bridge is all decorated with gargoyles and such!

Old 02-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #115
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great photos of the LM ride! I haven't shown Maddie any of the pictures from that (and I hope that Disney Channel doesn't either-she's pretty much seen all of the Belle stuff there). She's going to be so excited! and so am I!

I'm interested to hear how long you waited. You said you lined up at 10:15?
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #116
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Great update! I'm looking forward to checking out the new Fantasyland when I go down in August. Reading your report makes the wait till then a little bit easier. lol

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 02-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #117
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I really don't understand the people who are disappointed with the New Fantasyland. It's GORGEOUS!!! Like, the prettiest part in all of the parks! What's not to love? Sure the Little Mermaid ride is not ground-breaking or super innovative, but it's the best dark ride, something Disney is known for. It's in the same vein as Peter Pan, and PP is classic Disney.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #118
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

I love the new Fantasyland! I think the people complaining are looking for big rides, not appreciating all the other elements. The Under the Sea queue and ride and Ariel's grotto are so awesome. I was sad about Prince Eric being gone but her new grotto totally makes it better.

I'm also curious to see how long your line took. I've heard that even when the line looks super long, it moves quickly.

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 02-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #119
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Mom and I loved the Little Mermaid ride! All the details were so fun.

Cannot wait to eat at BOG!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #120
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great photos of the LM ride! I haven't shown Maddie any of the pictures from that (and I hope that Disney Channel doesn't either-she's pretty much seen all of the Belle stuff there). She's going to be so excited! and so am I!

I'm interested to hear how long you waited. You said you lined up at 10:15?
Thanks!! You guys are going to have so much fun with all the new stuff!! Ah! Lol, you'll just have to wait and see how things work out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell87512 View Post
Great update! I'm looking forward to checking out the new Fantasyland when I go down in August. Reading your report makes the wait till then a little bit easier. lol
Its awesome!! Loved it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: