Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #61
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Circle Of Life

I had circled back to the Festival of the Lion King Theatre, and was once again, in the first of the line for the 12 o’clock showing! Yay! While we were standing there, we could hear the end of the previous show, and I was seriously nearly crying. Sometimes I think that listening to things, or watching videos on youtube makes me more emotional than actually watching them at Disney, ahah! Also while waiting, a little girl beside me had asked her Mom for a snack, and when offered applesauce, the girl said “I don’t think I like it, it’s yucky” to which her Mom’s reply was “You’re yucky” HA! That will be me as a parent. Seriously, I say that all the time, along with like “you’re Mom’s yucky”….clearly I’ll have to try and avoid the “your Mom” jokes though, BAHA! When the theatre opened, I obviously booked it over to the Elephant section to get my normal seat!

The picture taking was going a little bit better this time around! And while the show started, I noticed something was a little bit different…the boy bird dancer was a different person! Like, there was no mistaking this, the guy in the first show was black…this guy was white, like there’s no chance it was the same guy and I just couldn’t tell. The entire rest of the cast was the same too. I know people out in the line were all “They alternate casts so the performers don’t have to do all the shows that are scheduled in a day” Yeah…no…they do all of them…that and even if they had alternating casts, I would have seen the same cast.

I also took some more time in this show to watch the performers that weren’t up on the stage, I feel like a lot of the time everyone’s watching the monkeys, or the fire guy, or the dancers, and the rest of them get over looked. Truthfully, they aren’t always out or doing things, but when they are they’re definitely contributing to the show!

So pretty!! For the record, both the boys that I saw dance today were great!! Usually there’s one that’s amazing, and the other one’s just kinda there to lift the girl and make the girl look good, lawl! I just hoped the guy from the first show of the day was okay and not injured! When the show ended, I held back my tears, and *carefully* but quickly made my way out, I had to get to lunch!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-23-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Delicious Lunch

When I booked this trip, I had a plan to take some time and eat at different restaurants that I hadn’t tried yet, even if I didn’t *really* have a pull to them, or if they weren’t character meals. (which can be super awkward by yourself haha) So when I looked at Animal Kingdom, I booked in to Yak and Yeti for a later lunch! I arrived around 12:45 ish, checked in for my 1:30 ADR and was told to have a seat to wait to be called in.

Everything’s super cool in here! I was called pretty quick and a young cast member showed me to my table, which was right up the stairs beside the railing. She was super friendly and we chatted about traveling solo and how it really was great, you can do whatever you want, eat wherever you want, haha! She also told me that all the artifacts in the restaurant are actually from Asia, and are all authentic! Super cool!!

My server was by the table pretty quickly, and explained some stuff while I looked through the drink menu and decided on the “Everest Avalanche” which consisted of Bacardi light rum with banana, strawberry, and mango flavoring, all blended together into a frozen drink.

When he came back with my drink he also took my lunch order, and I got the Maple Tamarind Chicken: seared chicken breast, Indonesian Tamarind glaze, coconut rice, baby bok choy, ****take mushroom stirfry.

Before ordering, I had a super derp derp moment being all “I want that Tamarind Chicken, but I want rice with it, I wonder how much a side of rice is…hm….OH! DERP, it comes with rice!” Hahaha, yeah, I’m super smart!

The meal came out pretty quick too! I’m always impressed with the speed that Disney gets food out, it’s always quick and nice, but the meal doesn’t taste like it was sitting under a warmer or anything. The chicken was good, the sauce was great though, and really flavorful. The rice however was really bland (and for some reason I didn’t think to put any soy sauce on it) I kinda just mushed all the chicken and rice together into one big nom able meal. Baha! It was also great to see that Yak and Yeti actually has low sodium soy sauce, and raw (brown) sugar on the tables!! I always use brown sugar, it’s WAY better for you, and the sweetener things, so NOT good for you! In Disney, you usually see two different kinds of sweetener, but no raw sugar. Yay for Yak & Yeti!

I ate most of it, but mainly just the chicken, ahha! My waiter came over after to bus my plate and offer me a dessert menu, and I just straight up ordered the Won Tons, like, how could I not?

Fried Won Tons: skewers of fresh pineapple and cream cheese wontons, vanilla ice cream, honey vanilla drizzle.

I was a little hesitant on these, I mean, deep fried cream cheese, hmmm…it would be interesting. I did pull everything off the skewers themselves, and found that the wontons were really good, but a lot better with a lot of the drizzle on them! The pineapple was also warm, which I really did like (sensitive teeth, a lot of the time if things are too cold, I don’t like biting into them, bahah!)

Dining Review: Yak and Yeti
4/5
-Great service, very friendly cast members
-Restaurant very cool, real artifacts from Asia all around the place and all awesome
-Food could have been a little bit better
-Overall, a great experience!

While I ate dessert, I took a picture of it to tag my cousin in on facebook, asking if she was jealous (she has an unhealthy love for cheese!) and she said she super was, but Mom commented saying that it sounded really gross. Haha! Oh different opinions. And hey, you’ve really gotta try them! I settled up my check, and took a slow walk out of Animal Kingdom, I had considered going back to FOTLK for another showing, but really did want to get over to Magic Kingdom, so I headed out of the park for the day.

With a quick walk over to the bus stop, I was soon at the TTC, and after a quick decision of “ferry or monorail” I chose the monorail, it’s just faster and easier, as pretty as the view from the ferry is!

Poinsettia’s are so pretty! I do love all the Christmas decorations they have up this time of year! I made it through the turnstiles JUST as the music for the parade started playing, so I quickly jumped through the train station to watch it!

Last edited by katt789; 01-23-2013 at 11:47 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #63
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I wonder what happened to that dancer?

Yay Yak and Yeti!!! Too bad about the rice, but I'm so glad that you got those wontons!!! They do sound weird-but are divine! I agree they do need the sauce. Y&Y is such a cool place isn't it? I really enjoyed our meal there.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #64
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Yay for more FOLK pictures!

I think I get teary eyed more often at home when listening to Disney stuff because I want to be there soooo bad! When I'm there and listening I'm much more happy.

I haven't eaten at Yak & Yeti and I don't know if I ever will. There is just nothing on the menu that I will eat. Darn my pickeyness!

I had forgotten that the bus from AK to MK drops you at the TTC rather than the front gate. I was wondering how I was going to get a ride on the Monorail this trip and now I know!

And yea for being back at MK!
Old 01-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #65
belle032
Mouseketeer

I know I'm super late but I've read through your whole trip report and its the 1st one I've ever subscribed to! Love reading about solo trips, especially since you're close to my age! Thinking about taking a spur of the moment trip this month or next and your pics are definitely making me want to do it!

University of Kentucky Alumna
Old 01-24-2013, 11:27 PM   #66
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Ah I don't know how I missed that you have another trip report going on! Well now I'm all caught up!

I had a bunch of comments while I was reading and totally forgot 95% of them.

I did want to say how much I enjoyed your long list of favorite characters in the first post! Sounds like my life.

I totally wish I knew about the dinglehoppers before we went last time but I did find Beast in the store in Belle's village so I was totally happy about that.

I definitely got the stuffed yeti you posted a picture of from EE!

The Osborne lights are soo amazing! I can't take how awesome it was. We caught them on the last day in January and I'm so so glad we did. You're right- pictures aren't the same!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #67
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I wonder what happened to that dancer?

Yay Yak and Yeti!!! Too bad about the rice, but I'm so glad that you got those wontons!!! They do sound weird-but are divine! I agree they do need the sauce. Y&Y is such a cool place isn't it? I really enjoyed our meal there.
I have no idea!?!? I just hope he's okay!! I just wish I had thought to put soy sauce on it, like, c'mon Katt, think! Lawl. The won-tons were so good! I'm glad I went out of my comfort restaurants and ate somewhere new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Yay for more FOLK pictures!

I think I get teary eyed more often at home when listening to Disney stuff because I want to be there soooo bad! When I'm there and listening I'm much more happy.

I haven't eaten at Yak & Yeti and I don't know if I ever will. There is just nothing on the menu that I will eat. Darn my pickeyness!

I had forgotten that the bus from AK to MK drops you at the TTC rather than the front gate. I was wondering how I was going to get a ride on the Monorail this trip and now I know!

And yea for being back at MK!

Yay!! I always love it. I think I'm a crier at home more just because I'm alone, I know in Feb with Paige I will probably cry, and we had some crying moments in Sept, since we're both cry-ers, we're okay with each other like that, bahah.

Hahah!! I always forget about it, but it gives me an excuse to ride the monorail/ferry, and I'm quite okay with that!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:15 PM   #68
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle032 View Post
I know I'm super late but I've read through your whole trip report and its the 1st one I've ever subscribed to! Love reading about solo trips, especially since you're close to my age! Thinking about taking a spur of the moment trip this month or next and your pics are definitely making me want to do it!
Haha, thanks!! I do really love traveling solo, it's totally awesome!! I'd say go for sure!! Heck, if you go the last week of Feb, we could even meet up at some point, Dismeets make solo trips really fun too!! It's an awesome place to go by yourself because you can do whatever you want, and are just surrounded by positive magical people, bahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Ah I don't know how I missed that you have another trip report going on! Well now I'm all caught up!

I had a bunch of comments while I was reading and totally forgot 95% of them.

I did want to say how much I enjoyed your long list of favorite characters in the first post! Sounds like my life.

I totally wish I knew about the dinglehoppers before we went last time but I did find Beast in the store in Belle's village so I was totally happy about that.

I definitely got the stuffed yeti you posted a picture of from EE!

The Osborne lights are soo amazing! I can't take how awesome it was. We caught them on the last day in January and I'm so so glad we did. You're right- pictures aren't the same!

Haha! This one's not in my signature yet, I really need to get on that, lawl, it's easy to miss. I've started opening up a word doc when I'm reading TR's so that I don't miss any of my comments, bahaha! Haha, it's so hard to choose, like, I've got a favorite from each category, someone asked me to pick my fave Disney movie one day and I simply couldn't!

Yay!! I'm glad you got the Beast!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #69
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm So Glad I Wore my Party Dress!

I had just arrived over at Magic Kingdom right as the parade was starting, and it wasn’t too crowded, so I managed to get a nice little spot just inside the entrance to watch and take some pictures!

Super cute moment! There was a little gap in the crowd there, and Stitch ran right over and sat down to “watch” the rest of the parade, but Lilo of course scolded him and dragged him back into place with his tie, rather hilarious!

I did my best to get some different, and good pictures this time, but definitely had a little trouble as I had one guy forcing himself into the front row beside me, and a Dad who had been sitting down, now standing, blocking everything. Like, if you’re going to stand up in the front, I’m totally okay with that, but be standing by the time the parade starts, not way later!

It does make me really happy that there are a bunch of other characters that are popular, but you don’t really see out and about, in this parade. I really want to meet Bert, or Mary in her red coat, and it’s nice to see Wendy & the Hatter out as well!

Old 01-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #70
katt789
DIS Veteran

I Said Snow, Not Soap!

The Tremaines were as hilarious as usual, just running amok, making crazy circles and not really paying attention to what was going on around them, haha! I also have to say, I love the look of Cinderella’s new wig with the parade dress (and the Dream Along Dress) since the dresses are fancier, I find it looks better and the whole package is just great!

Such pretty princesses! It is kinda hilarious that since they’re half doing the choreography, half just waving and smiling, it’s so hard to catch both the prince and the princess at the right moment, looking the right way!

*sigh* Looks like I won’t be seeing cocoa puff today! Oh well, I had a lot of other stuff I could do! Since it was right after the parade, and everyone was kinda still waving and all entrapped in it, I managed to weasel my way through the crowd and into Town Square Theatre! It was time to meet some princesses! I didn’t have to wait long, and was hanging out with Rapunzel before I knew it!

She was great, commented on my purple and my flower, and we chatted for a little bit. I definitely noticed she was having some eyelash trouble, but I don’t know if she realized. Eeek! Next up was Aurora!

She said that I had a beautiful flower, and asked if I was a flower talent, I said that I was much more of a frost talent, being from Canada. She got all excited and asked if I could make it snow?! She had asked Merryweather to make it snow on Main Street, but she had thought Aurora had said SOAP, and hence why all the soap comes down during MVMCP! Haha, so cute!

She was super great, we talked a bit more about snow, and how I don’t really like it, I’d much rather be in the warmth and heat of Florida! Haha, she said that it was so much fun to play in, and that I should definitely make a snow princess when I got home.

Cinderella was the last, and the least impressive, she kinda just came up, was ready to take the picture, and I commented on how it was so great to finally see her new dress in person, she said she liked it, and just turned toward the camera. Okay, I get it, you’re done, lawl.

Definitely not as exciting as it could have been! But hey, it was still a good meet and greet with some princesses!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #71
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Lots of great pictures from the parade! I the close of of Pluto!

You get some great interactions with the princesses. The snow/soap comment was hilarious! I'm not sure I could have stood there and not pointed out the eyelash problem. It would have be a distraction!
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 AM   #72
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love Cinderella's new dress!

What a great Aurora. They're usually kind of boring. I'm glad you got a good one.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #73
belle032
Mouseketeer

Love Cindy's new look as well! Looks a little more modern which is nice. Not too surprised about her meet & greet though...I always found her a little boring!

University of Kentucky Alumna
Old 01-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #74
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Lots of great pictures from the parade! I the close of of Pluto!

You get some great interactions with the princesses. The snow/soap comment was hilarious! I'm not sure I could have stood there and not pointed out the eyelash problem. It would have be a distraction!
Hahah thanks!! Hey, I do what I can, I'll aim for some extra Pluto pics next time

Thanks!! I usually just try to interact back as much as possible, working in a dinner theater I know how difficult it can be if someone doesn't talk much back, that being said, some of them can just ramble on forever and ever, it's just nice to have some chatty ones. Hahaha, I didn't really know how to go about it, I'd obviously have to say something quietly to her, but didn't want to like, embarrass her or anything. I can usually feel it when the false eyelashes start to come off...who knows?!

Old 01-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #75
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love Cinderella's new dress!

What a great Aurora. They're usually kind of boring. I'm glad you got a good one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle032 View Post
Love Cindy's new look as well! Looks a little more modern which is nice. Not too surprised about her meet & greet though...I always found her a little boring!
I'm so happy with Cindy's new dress, like, it's more modern, it looks more like the dress from the actual movie! I know people were complaining that it's too low cut, or "what was with that choker, too sexual' and it's like, uhm, there's still no cleavage hanging out, and the choker was always there! Either way, I like the new look!!

I'm so happy, I've been super impressed with the Aurora's recently, they've been getting a lot better.

Cindy on the other hand hasn't been the greatest!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: