Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #46
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Fantasmic and Osborne Lights all in one update, awesome!

You got some great photos during Fantasminc. I especially like the one of the Evil Queen.

Words cannot express how beautiful the Osborne Lights are! I think I need to go back during Christmas every year just to see them!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #47
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Fantasmic and Osborne Lights all in one update, awesome!

You got some great photos during Fantasminc. I especially like the one of the Evil Queen.

Words cannot express how beautiful the Osborne Lights are! I think I need to go back during Christmas every year just to see them!
Thanks!! I should really start playing around with my camera more to get some better pics next time!! haha

I KNOW!! I'd seen pictures of them, and was super excited to see some pretty lights, but was just blown away when they legit started dancing, it was crazy!! I do like Disney in the Christmas season, but I think I'll check out some other festivities next year, it just doesn't feel right to be all "christmas-ed" out and there be no snow, bahaha, and the soap just doesn't cut it lawl

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #48
katt789
DIS Veteran

I Do The Unthinkable!

It was the second day of my trip and I was up bright and early ready to go! I had the alarm set for 7:00am, and was up and got ready while I ate a snack from the night before. I was out the door at 7:40, and over to bus stop 2, right outside the building. I was definitely chilly, and hungry, I should have thought to eat more! I got to Animal Kingdom right as they were letting people in for the Extra Magic Hour, and was soon on my way over to Asia!

We all know where I was heading! Kali River Rapids!!! Bahahaha…so not, that would be FREEZING!!! I hobbled my way over to Expedition Everest for some early morning rides! I went straight into the ride, and rode twice, back to back, once in the front car, and once in the back car! HECK YES! Didn’t even have to ask for it! I rode with the same party of three each time too, so it was kinda like I knew them, baha!

Gotta love that early morning adrenaline. With two rides done, I was le burr, so I took my time in the gift shop, and honestly, almost bought some gloves, but just because I’m buying them in Disney doesn’t mean they’re worth $15.00. Haha. I also found one of Danielle’s friends kickin around!

I had more than enough time to kill, and figured I would spend some time visiting characters today, especially since I had a friend say “tell Goofy I say hi” randomly, so I had to get her a post card from him saying Hi back, right? I kinda just wandered through Africa, I didn’t really want to do the Safari, and I was super hungry, so naturally, when I saw Pizzafari was serving breakfast, I stopped in!

Doing the unthinkable and spending early park time in a QS restaurant #cold #disney

Yup. I did it. It was still the extra magic hour, and I was eating….REALLY?! THAT’S LIKE SLEEPING IN! NUMBER TWO RULE OF NOT DOINGS IN DISNEY WORLD!!! Lawl. I was cold. And hungry. I got the Bounty Platter!

It was super good, the regular Disney breakfasts. I ate most of the eggs, and definitely ate the bacon, the French toast strips, and the breakfast potatoes.

Dining Review: Pizzafari
4/5
-Super good food
-Quick and easy service
-Nice choices
-Lots of space
-It was warm inside.

With myself warmed up, and my stomach full, I checked the times guide for character greetings, and then headed out of Pizzafari, and over towards Dinoland! I figured I had time for one meet and greet over here, and then would head back to Camp Minnie Mickey for some fun times over there, so I jumped into Russell & Dug’s line. They did end up leaving for a treat right as I got there, but came back out pretty quickly, and surprisingly, there were a lot of parents in line that had no idea who they were in line for, it was odd, but I guess it’s the kids that count, right? While we waited, there were a few ducks in the little pond thing beside the line, and at one point, they started flying, and were going under the roof of the meet and greet area, like, right above our heads, and the handler started yelling “DUCK! DUCK!” and then joked that she knew why they were called that. Ha!

Super cute! I got kisses from both of them (well, more of a slurp from Dug haha) and hugs and some signatures before saying thank you and moving on. Now, we all know I’m headed back to Camp Minnie Mickey, and if you know me, you know why, it was nearing 10:00am, and I wanted to get a great seat for some Lion King time! I was within the first group of people at the door, and managed to get a first row (behind the wheelchair seating) seat! Heck yes! Naturally, I sat in the Elephant section (it’s become home to me, but I plan on going Giraffe or Warthog next time to get a better angle for the dancers, bahah!) and waited for the show to begin!

Naturally, as soon as the “Can’t Wait to Be King” bit started and everyone starts coming out from all sides of you (another reason I love the Elephant section) I nearly started crying, I couldn’t believe I was getting to watch the show again, and was praying that it wouldn’t actually close in Jan *super sad face*

The Tumble Monkeys were specifically feisty feeling today! There was one that kept looking out to the crowd, making eye contact, and then would turn around and “shake” his bum to the music, on the beat. The same one also did the “smoochie” “toddlers and tiaras” face at one point. The one where they put their fist under their chin, nodding their head and making a kissy face, HA! I definitely laughed out loud and wished someone else would have seen it and understood, it was hilarious!

UUUUGGGGGGHHHH. SO much love. The dancers were incredible today, I love them both! Also, you’ll notice a serious lack of pictures, and yes, I don’t have that many. I couldn’t figure out what setting I had it on in Sept to get the good pictures, and was playing around with the settings a bunch but couldn’t end up figuring it out. Boo.

All I have in my notes for the show after the Monkey bit is: “Dead”

Clearly I was emotional, and dying, and loving every moment of the show. Seriously, it’s amazing. I really hope that they don’t close it for long (if it is closed in January) I love it so much!! The show ended and I figured I’d go see some more characters for a bit, and then come back for another showing of FOTLK later! On the way out, there was a huge crowd of people, and Camp Minnie Mickey does bottle neck pretty horribly when trying to get in and out in a big group, so it was super crowded. Now, I was attempting to weave through people, without being obnoxious or getting in the way, and that’s when it happened, the broken toe got stepped on. EFFF. It seriously hurt worse than anything. Ugh. Truth, I was wearing sandals, but I couldn’t wear real shoes, and it hurt, I was not impressed.

Aaaaand the broken toe gets stepped on…was waiting for that #painful

Old 01-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #49
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

When I saw the update's title I thought maybe you skipped FoLK!

Ouch!! Sorry about that toe!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #50
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member

I LOVE your pictures of FOTLK!!!! Amazing!

The first showing is ALWAYS the best - the cast has a ton of energy because it's the first show!

While you prefer the elephant section, I prefer the lion section. RAWR. Hahaha!

Ouch! That sucks about someone stepping on your toe

Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #51
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Ahhhh.... FOLK!

My favorite show at Disney. I could watch that show over and over. I love checking out all the costumes and trying to figure out which animal each one is. I also love watching the Tumble Monkeys dance because, well, they can't dance and it's quite amusing to see them try! I really hope it's still open when I go in March.

Oh, and for back to back rides on EE! It's one of my new favorites after last trip. I'll get to that pretty soon in my TR.

I don't blame you for stopping if you are hungry even if it's during early park hours. I know if I don't eat, I get a headache and am grumpy. Sometimes you have to sacrifice!
Old 01-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #52
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
When I saw the update's title I thought maybe you skipped FoLK!

Ouch!! Sorry about that toe!
Dude...that would just never happen. Never. Ever. Nope. Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchsGurl View Post
I LOVE your pictures of FOTLK!!!! Amazing!

The first showing is ALWAYS the best - the cast has a ton of energy because it's the first show!

While you prefer the elephant section, I prefer the lion section. RAWR. Hahaha!

Ouch! That sucks about someone stepping on your toe
Thanks!! I didn't get that many good ones this trip, but tons in Sept! I usually really like the first show of the day, but I later went to the 2pm one, and it was hands down the best one I've ever seen! I definitely enjoy the Lion Section, it is rather good looking, ahaha!!!

Quote:
Ahhhh.... FOLK!

My favorite show at Disney. I could watch that show over and over. I love checking out all the costumes and trying to figure out which animal each one is. I also love watching the Tumble Monkeys dance because, well, they can't dance and it's quite amusing to see them try! I really hope it's still open when I go in March.

Oh, and for back to back rides on EE! It's one of my new favorites after last trip. I'll get to that pretty soon in my TR.

I don't blame you for stopping if you are hungry even if it's during early park hours. I know if I don't eat, I get a headache and am grumpy. Sometimes you have to sacrifice!
UGH! My original plan had me literally just watching the show all day, I definitely could have sat there for that much time!! Oh my goodness, my Mom pointed out the fire eater dancing in the finale, and that's awesome to watch too bahaha.

IT WILL BE. ....I'm having faith.....I'm assuming it will close sometime mid March, I'd assume they'd want it open for the time that all the Spring break-ers come out to play. I love EE, Paige and I got 6 rides in a row on it in Sept and are planning on breaking that record in Feb, so excited!!

It was just so dang COLD!! I couldn't handle being out in it anymore haha

Old 01-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #53
katt789
DIS Veteran

Stuffed with Fluffy

Since I can’t get through a Disney trip without meeting the Hundred Acre Wood gang, and they were on the way over to the other meet and greet, and I had to get a post card signed for a friend, I headed in there first. I love that meet and greet, you stand in 1 line, get 3 characters, and no one EVER knows that it’s there, so there’s seriously no line, ever!

Pooh was up first, he was cute, signed my book for me and took a picture and gave me some kisses!

Eeyore was up next, and I asked him to sign the postcard for my old roommate who is absolutely obsessed, she has like, everything Eeyore, a giant collection in her room, so of course he’s her favorite.

He was pretty bland, guess he was feeling gloomy today! Haha, just signed the post card, took the picture, and sent me on my way. Oh well, my favorite was up next!

Tigger jumped right up to me and gave me a huge long hug, and we bounced our way back into the area so that he could sign my book too! Yay!

He was super energetic, and danced with me while we were taking all the pictures, then he got his handler’s attention, and motioned to the two of us, and then drew a heart in the air around us! Yay! SO CUTE

Tigger called me his girlfriend! Heck yes! #childhoodmemories

When I was little I used to go around telling everyone that Tigger was my boyfriend, so it’s always a great moment when he says he loves me or that we’re in love or anything, it’s super cute! We reluctantly said good bye to each other, and I was on my way out of the meet and greet and continued over to my next stop in Dinoland, where the line for Goofy & Pluto was relatively long, but I had to get something signed, so I waited anyways.

They did leave for a break shortly after I got in line, I knew they’d be right back (literally) but clearly a bunch of other people didn’t, and the line shortened quite a bit. I took some time for some pin trading too!

Traded for a Fast Pass logo pin! #pintrading #disneyworld

And yes, I do have pictures of all my pin trades, but they’ll come at the end of the report, as I didn’t think to document then as I went along haha! I swear I’ll get better with this pin trading eventually! Goofy & Pluto were shortly back from their dog biscuit break. (OH! Can we talk for a second that when they left, the handler’s were saying that they were going for a chocolate biscuit break, and would be right back...uhm…bad excuse…they’re DOGS….dogs can’t eat chocolate…)

ANYWAYS, I jumped up and said that a friend of mine back home had said hi to them, so to say Hi back, if they could sign my postcard, and they of course did, and played along, they were super playful and flirty, full of hugs and kisses and dancing.

Pluto also made a point of spinning me around to smell my flower and said that it was very nice (to the extent he could haha)

Yay! Super cute and lovely, I think it was the best “fab 5” character greet I’ve had in a while! I always like it when characters are greeting together, I think it makes it more fun than when it’s one, then the next, then the next, or they’re by themselves. I dunno, my opinion! With my characters of the park done, I headed back to Camp Minnie Mickey to catch another show!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #54
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I love the Christmas outfits for Pooh and the gang!

I met Pluto and Goofy at that same spot when I was there in November. I think it's the best place to meet Pluto. The lines usually not too bad and it's covered so you are not waiting in the sun like at MK. I had an awesome greet also! Goofy saw all my Pluto gear and got "mad" at me. It was a lot of fun.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #55
katt789
DIS Veteran

Real Life Update!->Disney Fun & More

Hey friends!! I just seriously have been blessed with some SERIOUS pixie dust int he last hour and figured I should share that with you! (and some more fun stuff!)

Since we're so close to our trip (1 month!) I've been keeping a strict eye on making ADR's, the main one being for Be Our Guest of course. I wanted to eat there for both lunch and dinner, so I've been checking DAILY, multiple times, on multiple days of our trip, to see if we could get anything. About an hour ago I was all, "I'll check again!" And poof! THERE WAS A SPOT AVAILABLE ON THE LAST DAY OF OUR TRIP!! TALK ABOUT A MAGICAL WAY TO END A WEEK!!!! AHHH!! I'M DYING! DYYYYYYYIIINNNGGG

So, naturally, since my ADR pixie dust levels were so high, I figured it would be worth it to jump on over to expedia to check on flights lo and behold, they had DROPPED NEARLY $100.00!!! FROM THIS MORNING!!

Naturally, we're all booked in and I only paid $1095.00 for both of our flights, AND we get in at 3:30pm in the afternoon...uhm...yes please... let's just go now!

In non-Disney news, I have another dance competition coming up (Feb 9 &10th) and am getting very excited/nervous about that! We've complete re-done the Cha-cha & rumba routines, and added in a bunch of new steps to the tango, waltz & quickstep! I'll be sure to report back with some pictures and fun times!! (and for those of you who are wondering, yes, my toe actually does still hurt every so often....)

Hope that your weeks are going fantastically and that everything is full of magic and happiness! I've got a great feeling today (obviously) and I hope it can spread to all of you!! 2013 really is going to be my year, and I have a feeling it's going to be the best trip yet!!

Old 01-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #56
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hey friends!! I just seriously have been blessed with some SERIOUS pixie dust int he last hour and figured I should share that with you! (and some more fun stuff!)

Since we're so close to our trip (1 month!) I've been keeping a strict eye on making ADR's, the main one being for Be Our Guest of course. I wanted to eat there for both lunch and dinner, so I've been checking DAILY, multiple times, on multiple days of our trip, to see if we could get anything. About an hour ago I was all, "I'll check again!" And poof! THERE WAS A SPOT AVAILABLE ON THE LAST DAY OF OUR TRIP!! TALK ABOUT A MAGICAL WAY TO END A WEEK!!!! AHHH!! I'M DYING! DYYYYYYYIIINNNGGG

So, naturally, since my ADR pixie dust levels were so high, I figured it would be worth it to jump on over to expedia to check on flights lo and behold, they had DROPPED NEARLY $100.00!!! FROM THIS MORNING!!

Naturally, we're all booked in and I only paid $1095.00 for both of our flights, AND we get in at 3:30pm in the afternoon...uhm...yes please... let's just go now!

In non-Disney news, I have another dance competition coming up (Feb 9 &10th) and am getting very excited/nervous about that! We've complete re-done the Cha-cha & rumba routines, and added in a bunch of new steps to the tango, waltz & quickstep! I'll be sure to report back with some pictures and fun times!! (and for those of you who are wondering, yes, my toe actually does still hurt every so often....)

Hope that your weeks are going fantastically and that everything is full of magic and happiness! I've got a great feeling today (obviously) and I hope it can spread to all of you!! 2013 really is going to be my year, and I have a feeling it's going to be the best trip yet!!
Awesome !

I was able to score a BOG reservation yesterday too! What day and time are you going? I got one at 7:30 pm on 3/1!

I'm not even going to look at flights because I've already booked. I don't want to know if they go down in price. I did get a very good price because I'm flying on a Thursday and Tuesday so I guess I won't worry about it!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #57
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I love the Christmas outfits for Pooh and the gang!

I met Pluto and Goofy at that same spot when I was there in November. I think it's the best place to meet Pluto. The lines usually not too bad and it's covered so you are not waiting in the sun like at MK. I had an awesome greet also! Goofy saw all my Pluto gear and got "mad" at me. It was a lot of fun.
They're so adorable!! And I agree, it's probably one of the shorter waits for Pluto & Goofy, I think in general AK has shorter character waits (minus camp minnie mickey) the lines never seem to be that bad. Ahah!! That's too cute! Love it when that kind of stuff happens!

Quote:
Awesome !

I was able to score a BOG reservation yesterday too! What day and time are you going? I got one at 7:30 pm on 3/1!

I'm not even going to look at flights because I've already booked. I don't want to know if they go down in price. I did get a very good price because I'm flying on a Thursday and Tuesday so I guess I won't worry about it!
AAAHHHH!!!! We're in at 7:45 on 3/1!!! That's totally awesome!! Haha!!

Baha, I know, I wanted flights to go even further below what I paid ($540ish each) it just kills me because Sept 2011 we paid $380 for a roundtrip flight from Canada! That trip only cost $893.00 each!! *sigh* if only times were that good again!

Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #58
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:

AAAHHHH!!!! We're in at 7:45 on 3/1!!! That's totally awesome!! Haha!!
We we are definitely going to run into each other!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #59
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We we are definitely going to run into each other!
Most definitely!!! Have you looked at any reviews/pictures of the BOG dinner?! They're amazing!! I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED

Old 01-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #60
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Most definitely!!! Have you looked at any reviews/pictures of the BOG dinner?! They're amazing!! I'm SO FREAKING EXCITED
Yes I have, it looks sooooo good!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: