Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #31
Sam33
DIS Veteran

Are they still getting rid of it? I haven't seen it yet (keep wanting to and never making it there!). I hope not, your pictures have convinced me I really want to see it!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #32
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Love all of the pictures from B&TB! Mom and I missed it last month since HS was so crowded that day. We just couldn't fit it in. I'm definitely going to have to catch it next October!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #33
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam33 View Post
Are they still getting rid of it? I haven't seen it yet (keep wanting to and never making it there!). I hope not, your pictures have convinced me I really want to see it!
B&tB? I don't know at all, but here's hoping it is't! A Tangled one just wouldn't cut it, or replace the LM show with the Tangled musical. I just don't want it to leave! Haha, yay! Check it out sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Love all of the pictures from B&TB! Mom and I missed it last month since HS was so crowded that day. We just couldn't fit it in. I'm definitely going to have to catch it next October!
Thanks!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #34
katt789
DIS Veteran

Journey To Far Off Worlds

I headed back towards the center of the park and made a slight right turn, there was still too much time to kill before the next showing of Voyage of the Little Mermaid, so I headed into the newest meet and greet of the park. Inside the Animation Building, they have an awesome little Wreck It Ralph meet and greet set up with Ralph and Vanellope (sp?) it’s all video game themed and stuff!

So cute!! The line looked way too long for me to wait for a costumed character, haha! I was pretty done with Hollywood Studios now, so I figured it was an okay time to head over to Epcot. I had an early ADR over there, and could do some character hunting before that time hitting up Le Cellier.

When I exited the park, I took a look at the walkway path, I’ve walked it before, and knew it wasn’t that bad of a walk, but with the broken toe, I was pretty hesitant. Normally I know I can get there faster than the boat, but there weren’t that many stops between DHS and the Boardwalk, so I figured I’d walk from there. To the boat we go! We stopped at the Swan/Dolphin first, and they were still making stops at the Beach & Yacht club before getting to the Boardwalk stop, so I jumped off there and walked over to the Boardwalk!

The Boardwalk’s so pretty! Even in the daytime, but it’s a completely different thing at night, although I do wish they had more nighttime grown up things to do, it is super awesome though!

I walked through the Boardwalk in no time at all, the little boat ride was enough rest for my toe, I don’t think I was hobbling too badly! Baha! I stopped in the bathroom outside the International Gateway before entering the park, and then made my first stop Sunshine Seasons!

A delicious little lunch/snack!

Fruit and Cheese plate: there was Swiss, cheddar, jalapeño havarti, grapes and strawberries. I also was looking for something carby like, and found something that would settle the Red Velvet conundrum from earlier! A Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Whoopee Pie!

Sunshine Seasons Dining Review:
-4/5
-The fruit & cheese plate is amazing and delicious and all tastes so fresh!
-Service is quick and efficient
-There’s tons of different choices
-The whoopee pie was a little dry, definitely not as good as the cupcake in DHS, shoulda got it instead.

I took a little break to relax inside the restaurant to eat my noms and then headed out of the Land Pavilion, I had a plan to go over to Germany to make the circle of World Showcase, starting my character interactions with Snow White, but then;

Just stumbled upon “Joyful, A Gospel Celebration at the Season” at Epcot, I am so in love! #disney

It was awesome! I seriously love me some Gospel stuff, and it was awesome that I just accidentally stumbled upon it! I had no idea that it was even going on, it was seriously the greatest surprise of the day so far! I definitely made sure to take some video so you guys could enjoy too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao9Y...o&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRB3...0&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGE...c&feature=plcp

It’s great! Take the time to at least watch one or two of them, and enjoy yourself some Christmas Gospel music!

It was great! Since I ended up spending so much time watching them , I knew I wouldn’t make Snow’s meet and greet I had planned on. I decided that I start in Canada instead, and hit up some France/Alice meet and greets first instead! Yay!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #35
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Do you remember what the time was when you were at the Gospel show? We watched some of the 3 pm show after our lunch at Le Cellier. I'm wondering if we were both there at the same time and didn't see each other?

I love Sunshine Seasons! So many good selections. We ended up having breakfast there this last trip.

Bummer the line was too long for the Wreck-it-Ralph characters. I never made it to the theater to see it but I wanted to. I guess I'll catch it when it comes out on video.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you remember what the time was when you were at the Gospel show? We watched some of the 3 pm show after our lunch at Le Cellier. I'm wondering if we were both there at the same time and didn't see each other?

I love Sunshine Seasons! So many good selections. We ended up having breakfast there this last trip.

Bummer the line was too long for the Wreck-it-Ralph characters. I never made it to the theater to see it but I wanted to. I guess I'll catch it when it comes out on video.
It was definitely earlier than that, probably around 2? I wanna say, I had quite a bit of time between getting to Epcot and my dinner haha.

It's so good!! I love that they have so many choices in there and they're all relatively healthy & delicious!!

Old 12-30-2012, 07:02 PM   #37
katt789
DIS Veteran

You As-sault-ed My Friend!

With my adventures now taking me towards Canada first, I didn’t bother browsing through any of the shops, and actually stopped to watch a little bit of the Off Kilter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDf4...I&feature=plcp

It was nice! I was catching a bunch of the live entertainment in Epcot that I usually bypassed, or stuff that wasn’t usually there, it was great!

I would have hung around a little longer but they kept playing songs that had been in the recent shows here at work, and that always deters me from stuff! Haha. I passed through the UK, and noticed that Mary was out in the spot where Alice usually is, after passing the sign, and noticing that Alice’s name wasn’t even posted, I asked a CM who said she wasn’t going to be out today! Well, now the constant postings for Alice look a likes makes more sense! I don’t really have an interest in Mary, so I continued on my journey around the world.

Aurora had a meet and greet to start right around 2:30, so I figured (it was just after 2:00) that I’d grab a drink, and then head over to wait for the next set of her meet and greet. Well, I’m in France, I may be alone, but I’m going to have a delicious drink!

I seriously can’t resist these things! I’ve had the Lemon Grey Goose one, but I didn’t like it as much, so I highly suggest having the GM Orange one next time you’re down there! With my drink in hand I headed back over towards Aurora’s meet and greet spot where her new gazebo was all set up and ready! Yay! I chatted with the handler for a bit, he commented on how he wished he could be drinking a slush right now too, haha! Then I realized that Aurora had no guests, and no line, like, really!? She’s awesome! I asked if I put my drink down if I could come say hi, and of course the answer was yes.

Look at how perfect she is! She’s seriously the most beautiful Aurora I’ve ever seen, just the perfect facial features, the right level of tan, like, it’s all so pretty! ACK! We chatted about a few things, how I was kind of wearing pink, the new gazebo, it was great!

Since there was quite a while until I had to be at the next meet and greet, I kinda hung around the gazebo while I drank my drink. I really wish I could have just chatted with Aurora for a little longer, like, just hang out with her, and move when there’d be people coming, it would have been great. I then proceeded to tweet:

Hanging around with so many Princesses makes me want nothing more than to be friends with them!!

I’m dying, quite literally, I’m not allowed to audition again until February, and you bet your bottom dollar I will be there, and I will be bringing my A GAME! I know a lot of people don’t get past the first cut or pulled until their like, fifth audition, so there’s still hope! I definitely would love to be a parade performer too, they have so much fun, like, granted it would be one heck of a lot of work, but it would be absolutely amazing.

Since I’d gotten the Aurora meet and greet out of the way nearly an hour earlier than I had planned, I checked both my watch and the times guide and saw that if I booked it across WS I could catch Snow’s next meet and greet, hopefully before the line got cut off! I managed to make it just before she came out, but the line still wrapped around the corner, oh well! I had time to kill anyways!

While I was waiting, a group of some, I’m going to say twenty something boys came around and ended up standing in line behind me, it was kinda hilarious to see them in line for a Princess, but they claimed they had to see their “German Princess” and I chatted with them for a bit to kill time. At one point, one of them came back from the snack cart with a beer and a pretzel, and as he offered a chunk of the pretzel to another friend, they ripped a piece off, and salt literally went flying everywhere, including onto me a bit. The one with the pretzel was all “Oh my God I’m sorry!” Then to his friend was all “Man watch out, you’re getting salt everywhere” To which another one piped up “Yeah man! You’re assaulting my friend” I died a little, I had been waiting for someone to make that pun, it was just sitting there waiting to happen. Good times.

Soon enough the line had moved (although it wasn’t moving very quickly, but hey, more interaction!) When I did eventually get up there, Snow greeted me, and asked my name. She asked what brought me down to Disney, I said just to hang out, to have fun. She asked if I brought anyone, and when I told her I was alone, she was all “Oh goodness, what if you get lost? The birds will help you! They helped me when I was lost in the woods!” She then kinda quizzed me to see if I knew where they birds and animals took her, well, to the cottage of course. Who lived in the cottage? The dwarves! How many of them? Seven! Snow asked if I had a Prince back home, I told her I did and she asked if he was charming, which of course, he is (aside from the toe breaking parts, HA!) She asked if my Prince took me dancing, and I said he doesn’t, but I dance with someone else, as I compete in ballroom, and she said that I was very talented, and should probably help teach Dopey how to dance!

She was definitely the best Snow I’ve seen in a really long time! When we posed she even commented on my Princess pose (as did the photographer, haha!) and then wished me a lovely day before greeting her next guests! Clearly, she was taking her time, and I rate her a 10/10, it was a highlight, she was just amazing!

With that meet and greet done, I hightailed it back over to Morrocco, as I had another royal pair to meet. The lines were kinda crazy today! They would end up being super long or cut off before the characters even came out. I also ran into a family that had been in front of me in the Snow line who had the kids in the Aladdin & Jasmine line, and another parent in the line for Belle waiting for her next meet. Great system when you have a big party of people, it can work really well.

I think I waited about 10 minutes before they came out in which time I just connected to the wireless in the park and chatted with the boyfriend over Facebook (seriously, it’s pretty much the same as texting, but FREE, lawl) and also managed to blow my mind:

How am I getting texts with my phone on airplane mode?!?! #confused

I later realized that the “texts” I was getting were actually I-Messages, which, if you’re connected to the wireless, send that way…WEEEIRRRDD. I phones can do so many things. After they were out I think I waited under 5 minutes to get up to the front. I had them sign a postcard for a friend back home and we chatted.

They asked if I was in disguise with my sunglasses on, and then asked if I was looking for my prince in the market place. I told them no, I knew where my Prince was, he was at home. Jasmine commented that she always knew where Aladdin was too, but Abu, that was another story, they asked if I had seen him anywhere, as he was way harder to find.

Now, as you can tell from the pictures, Aladdin has a pretty good grip on my shoulder, I’ve had it happen a couple of times with characters that they either pull you in closer, or hold onto that shoulder/hand longer than they should, and I’m usually totally okay with that, but like, we had JUST talked about how I have a Prince at home, and we had already taken the picture and Jasmine had moved away so I could say goodbye…awkward. HA!

We all know where I’m headed next! FRANCE! One last meet and greet before dinner would be served (how cute that it’s Belle and that’s kinda like a movie quote…haha) The wait wasn’t bad, and soon enough I was up for my meet & greet!

She asked where I was traveling from, I said Canada, and she said that certainly was a long journey. The conversation was bland, but she looked the part. I know I overheard some people walking past the meet and greet being all “Who’s that?” Which like, I get, she has her cloak on so it’s kinda confusing, but I’ve seen kids meet Belle in her blue dress, and DIRECTLY after be all “When are we going to meet Belle” Like, that WAS BELLE. She spends over 60% of the movie in that Blue dress, but people only recognize her in the yellow one. Ugh.

The waits for the meet and greets had ended up taking a little bit longer than I had expected, so I skipped the idea of another slush, and headed towards Canada…only to get sidetracked….You see, there’s that little space between Canada & the UK, where there’s a little coffee stand, and pin stand, and these GIANT wooden doors behind it. Well, the doors were open…and there was ARIEL AND CINDY. TRAINING. AAAAAAHHH. Another little area where they train characters is this little space.

I was a little torn between Cindy in her new threads, or Ariel, but c’mon, favorite princess is always gonna win! I jumped in her line, and I also noticed some of the handlers were also earning their ears. There was an adorable little girl in front of me with a polka dot dress that Ariel went on and on about, how she would love to have bubbles on her dress, how do they not pop? She was seriously amazing.

Then it was my turn! I got her to sign my book, since I knew she was going to be great. Ariel asked what kind of adventures I had been on today, and I told her all about it. She seemed excited, and told me that if my human legs got tired from al that walking, her Daddy could give me a new pair, cause he does that! She wished me happy and fun adventures, and we took a picture!

I do wish I had another one that was zoomed in so I could find a friend of hers to pass on how amazing she was. Like seriously, she blew the other Ariel out of the water (literally, get it, cause she now has legs. Heh heh heh….someone get me a hobby quick…) I definitely took the time to tweet about it!

Just met an Ariel in training and she was absolutely amazing!!

When I had finished, they had closed the big doors, it looked like things were getting ready to be done, I had just had the right timing! These little training meet and greets will pop up out of nowhere and be done before you know it, and I was glad I had been at the right place at the right time, and gotten to meet someone in training! Awesome!!

I then booked it over to Canada, as you are supposed to check in super early, and I was past that point, but hey, everyone runs late sometimes. Besides, “a queen is never late, everyone else is simply early” 5 bucks to whoever gets that quote!

Words cannot express how excited I am for dinner!! #lecellier #disneyfood

I was pretty excited. I checked in, and when they called my name (with 15 minutes, again, killed time talking to the BF, he even asked if I was excited for dinner, don’t know if he found my twitter, or I just talk about Disney food that much...ahahahah…he knows me well) they asked if the party was all here. I explained that it was just easier in the online system to book for 2, but there was only one of me. The CM said he’d be right back to fix it for me (uhm..okay…all you need to do is say the other person didn’t show, clearly I should have said that) He then never came back….and then another CM called me, and did the same thing, but did come back, and EVENTUALLY, I was seated.

As I was sat I was explained the best items, and the drink menu, and a lovely elderly couple beside me asked if I had been there before, I said I had, and they replied saying that I knew what to order then? I said I definitely didn’t even need a menu! My server came by promptly, introduced himself as Johnny, from St Catherine’s, and asked where I was visiting from, when I replied Calgary, Canada, we had a nice little chat about Canada, and then he left to bring me my water & bread!

While I was perusing the menu, I noticed that they have “fries with cheese curds and gravy” and a dessert that’s supposed to be a Nanaimo bar….but isn’t called that. Like, doesn’t everyone know what poutine is?! (EVEN SPELLCHECK DOESN’T KNOW WHAT IT IS!! ***!!!???)

It weirds me out that people don’t know what poutine and Nanaimo bars are…#canada

Johnny did take my order right off the bat too, I got the Cheddar Cheese Soup, and the Mushroom Filet, but with green beans instead of risotto (I had asked for mashed potatoes, but apparently they don’t do that anymore)

YUM! I hadn’t seen the “cup o soup” on the menu, so I just went for it, more expensive and WAY too much for this lactose intolerant girl, but hey, you only live once, right? I ate a lot of it, probably way too much, and was full. Ugh.

The filet had a little bit less sauce/mushrooms on it than I got in Sept (when I also ordered with the beans) but I was okay with that. I think I ate about 2 beans, they had WAY too much salt on them, ugh, the filet was AH-MAY-ZING though. Johnny came back to check on me a couple of times, and I was always content, but did ask for an Orange Juice at one point (I’d been fighting off a cold a bit, and was trying to vitamin C it out this whole week! Never did get sick, yay!!)

I ended up only eating half of the beef, and having literally no room for dessert, that food baby was a monstrous one I tell ya, probably triplets, twins at the least!

My stomach is too small to finish all this food! #firstworldproblems

HA! So true though. I also think it had a lot to do with the amount of dairy I’d had that day, it was seriously painful and I didn’t feel good. I definitely should have asked for a half portion of the soup. It may sound like Johnny wasn’t around a whole lot, but he was! He was super friendly and attentive and super nice, in the end I’m pretty sure I tipped him an extra $4.00 or so over the top recommended percentage.

Thursday at work, I was chatting with a friend who used to work at Le Cellier, and he asked who my server was, I told him “Johnny from St Catherines” and he was all “OH MY GOD SMALL WORLD” Yup, pulls the guy up on Facebook, they’re friends, WEIRD. He also said that Johnny was the…. “Gaston” type of guy, BAHA, he did give off a flirty vibe, (but in NO WAY creepy!!) It just made for a laugh, it was a great meal.

To help digest my meal, I decided to walk back over to the Swan and Dolphin, besides, I had been off my feet for nearly an hour, it could use some exercise! I took a quick bathroom break in the Swan (I was amazed I could remember where it was, I had stopped on my “let’s get LOST” adventure in January, but remembered where the bathroom was!) and then jumped over the boat! The trees on the pathway between the resorts are all lit up and awesome!

It was nice to get a seat on the boat and have a nice little break for a bit. I was definitely feeling better now, it just seriously was way too much dairy. To the point that when it hits you, you kinda get a case of the shakes, ugh. Thankfully it didn’t last too long, I had a show to catch! (and we all know what that means…MOAR PICTURES!!!)

Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 PM   #38
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR! Its nice to know im not the only 20-something female that takes solo trips to WDW all the time LOL I was actually there right after you Nov 30-Dec 3.

BTW I know your server from Le Cellier...We both applied for the Disney CRP program and interviewed together a year ago

Oh and love your AE sandles your wearing ive got the same pair - although I so couldnt walk around the parks all day in them..kudos to you girl!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #39
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I've gotten so far behind!

You're so right-that Aurora is PERFECT! And that Ariel sound great too. You know we've had some not so great Ariels, but that one sounds excellent.

Jasmine on the other hand didn't look at all Jasminey to me.

And for the record, Maddie LOVES to meet Belle in her blue dress. She calls it the "reading dress".
Old 12-31-2012, 09:05 AM   #40
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I think we just missed each other! Our lunch at Le Cellier was at 2:00 pm and then we headed to Future World to catch some rides. We did World Showcase later in the week.

You got in some great meet and greets! Bonus for getting one of the CMs in training.

That's weird that they didn't let you sub for the mashed potatoes at Le Cellier. I was able to do it that day at lunch. Maybe they are only allowed at lunch?
Old 01-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #41
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
Loving your TR! Its nice to know im not the only 20-something female that takes solo trips to WDW all the time LOL I was actually there right after you Nov 30-Dec 3.

BTW I know your server from Le Cellier...We both applied for the Disney CRP program and interviewed together a year ago

Oh and love your AE sandles your wearing ive got the same pair - although I so couldnt walk around the parks all day in them..kudos to you girl!
Thanks!!! I'm glad you're liking it! Ah! I love taking solo trips, and I find being in my 20's, there isn't always a friend who can afford to come with me, so why not go solo?! It's great, and a place where I can feel completely safe traveling alone. That's awesome! Haha, it was pretty funny to find out the friend I work with knows him too, small world! Hahah. I'm always waiting for the day that I'm walking through the Canada pavilion and see someone I know haha.

Thanks!! I love them too! I've got them in purple and gold, and just love them more than flip flops. Haha, I usually switch off between sandals & runners in WDW, but thanks to the broken toes, couldn't actually wear anything else, bahah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I've gotten so far behind!

You're so right-that Aurora is PERFECT! And that Ariel sound great too. You know we've had some not so great Ariels, but that one sounds excellent.

Jasmine on the other hand didn't look at all Jasminey to me.

And for the record, Maddie LOVES to meet Belle in her blue dress. She calls it the "reading dress".
Haha, no worries! Sometimes I tend to post super fast haha. UGH, Aurora, like, I've never met a better one that looks the part so well, she was just perfect, and SO beautiful!! Ariel was excellent, I'm glad to see that they've got more Ariel's trained up now, there was a point where it was always the same one, and I really didn't like her, and for Ariel being the favsies, it sucked haha.

Jasmine really didn't look the part, I dunno, she wasn't very Jasminey at all. Yay!! I like that, I really wish Belle would be out in her pink or green dresses, but I guess then kids REALLY wouldn't recognize her haha!

Old 01-02-2013, 04:04 PM   #42
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think we just missed each other! Our lunch at Le Cellier was at 2:00 pm and then we headed to Future World to catch some rides. We did World Showcase later in the week.

You got in some great meet and greets! Bonus for getting one of the CMs in training.

That's weird that they didn't let you sub for the mashed potatoes at Le Cellier. I was able to do it that day at lunch. Maybe they are only allowed at lunch?
Ah how weird! I loved it! It was really great to see that someone out training could be that awesome and so much better than the previous one, it was fantastic! Weeeeiiirrrdd....maybe they do only do it for lunch?! I didn't really mind, as that would have been FAR too much dairy for me to handle, especially with how I was feeling afterwards as it was, bahaha!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #43
katt789
DIS Veteran

Dream A Fantastic Dream!

As you have been told, it was showtime for me, and since I was back at Hollywood Studios, I think you all know where I was headed! I definitely took the time to tweet at Paige too!

“@PaigeM Time for Fantasmic!! Wish you and your feels were here to join me in this glass cage of emotion!”

There had been an earlier show that I originally was going to try and make that night, but I ended up leaving Epcot later than expected, and that was okay, since there was an 8 o’clock show anyways. After a brief stop for a snack or two before heading in, I jumped in the line at 7:00 sharp!

Since they had to wait for the previous show (which holy, had been crowded) to get out, and clean the theatre, they let us in around 7:30! I followed the crowds, and then made my way down to near the front of the theatre, I knew I wouldn’t get amazing photos, but I wanted to try, and be close to the action. I actually ended up getting like, 4th row seats, and THERE WAS NO ONE AROUND ME. Serious, the theatre filled up but everyone must have thought I was saving the seats as I had so much space to myself. I used this time to play some games on my phone, and eat one of my snacks!

NOM NOM. And yes, I ate this close to a huge meal that gave me such a food baby I wanted to die. However, thanks to the dairy, I hadn’t actually eaten a lot that day, and since had gotten hungry! I also had an Uncrustable in my bag for either later, or breakfast! Lawl. Little cute story, as the show was about to start, this very small child, I’m going to say somewhere between ages 1 & 2, who was sitting in the row behind me, came up directly behind me and like, “thunked” onto me into a hug, cutest thing ever! I definitely would have chatted him up a bit, but the family definitely didn’t speak English, so no one would have understood me, baha! Then, it was show time!

I honestly do absolutely adore this show, but I would be totally okay just watching the first 30 seconds, and the last about a minute. The SECOND that it’s all “imagination….” And then Mickey pops up on stage, and starts directing the water around, I tear up. Heck, I opened the video up in youtube to get a quote from the show and was all “asdsjnfdlng” teared up.

Sometimes I really do wonder just HOW many cast members it takes to put on this show a night. Like, they’ve got about 3 or 4 concession stands, and then the “crowd control” ones and then there’s the performers! Like, I know some of them MUST have double rolls, but it’s incredible!

Okay, can we talk about this part for a second, EVERY DAMN TIME that canon/gun goes off at the start of this, everyone in the theatre jumps, and half of them scream. I try to prepare myself for it every time, but it doesn’t work. Heck, even in the video, I just passed that point and was cringing and still jumped!

Try as I might, it’s just not light enough to get good pictures of Pocahontas, at least not with my camera!! I also have a hard time photographing the princess floats that come around, like, they’re glowing light, so I think “don’t use flash” but then you just get the lights, or they’re super blurry, and those boats move fast! Lawl. So skilled!

*continued*

Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #44
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Nightmare Fantasmic

They do a pretty good job with the water effects in this show (although I do think that World Of Color is more advanced? I dunno, it looks better) I also like that they have an actual kinda plot line to go with the show, beware the darkness imagination can create!

Man, Disney employees must not be allowed to be afraid of fire/pyrotechnics! Especially in this show!!

LOOK HOW CUTE MICKEY IS!! I love this outfit, and how he like, “cowers” in his shorts, so cute. Also, before this bit, when they have all the villains projected on the water, I LOVE how well they blend from one to the next, and how they used actual bits from the original movies to create it!

That’s pretty bad-awesome, if you ask me! Also, I’ve heard of a Fantasmic where everything went wrong (Cale, who used to work at Le Cel saw it) and he said that they didn’t get the dragon out on stage in time… EEK!

MICKEY SAVES THE DAY!!! (again, with the pyro effects!) I also got the picture I wanted! Yaaaaay!

It’s usually somewhere around here that my emotions start to come out, but they’re not really in tune with what’s going on, it’s more prepping myself for what’s coming, cause this part’s great, but the finale blows my mind every time!! I also managed to get some decent pics of Belle!

BERT AND MARY!! BERT AND MARY!! BEEEERRRRRTTTT!!! In his Jolly Holiday attire!! I know it’s blurry as heck, but seriously, I would LOVE to meet these two together, like they do over in DLR, I wish Bert was out with her in the UK, or something, like, they’d be a blast together!!

It’s right about here where I really start dying…

BAM! Right in the feels! I’m like, trying to prepare myself for the finale every time, and it just makes me more emotional! The absolutely second that Mickey pops up on the top of that mountain and everything’s magical, and he’s in charge of his imagination again, and it’s all wonderful and amazing, and then the fire work goes off, and he disappears, and then BAM reappears down at the bottom and is all “Some imagination, huh?” And I’m weeping, like, absolutely weeping, just talking about it makes me tear up. I was out for dinner with Paige (from the Sept trip) and we were discussing how we’d be happy watching just the last 45 seconds of the show, and I totally would. THAT is where it tears at my heart strings.

Needless to say, the show was amazing. There was a group of my age kids behind me who seemed to be in the same “oh my god” stage as I was too, haha! With tears in my eyes, I headed out of the huge theatre, I had at least one more stop before it was sleep time (and there were EMH at DHS that evening, so I had the option to stick around!)

(and for the record, I left the video of Fantasmic playing while typing this and it took me exactly that long to type it, so now I am going to go watch the finale so I can cry! Bahaha!)

I'm adding in something here: because I realized it recently, and I'm not sure when, as I thought it was when I was typing up a TR update, but looked through the updates and couldn't find one, SO. Here it goes:

I've now realized how amazing Fantasmic is, and WHY it seriously gets to me so much. It's not necessarily Mickey's imagination...it's Walt's! It talks about all the things that the imagination can create, and then goes through so many of Walt's wonderful creations, and even some of the villains and "darkness" that the imagination can create. Mickey's the one controlling it because Walt is Mickey, he originally voiced him, and it's been said that "they were each other". It's all a celebration of the amazing things that Walt created!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #45
katt789
DIS Veteran

They Really Do Dance!

And yes…for those of you who were wondering, I totally cried…ugh.
And now onto the Osbourne Lights! It was actually pretty chilly, and I did want a hot chocolate while I looked at some pretty lights, but of course everything on the out course of Fantasmic was way too lined up, and once I got further into the park, everything was CLOSED. Boourns. Poor work on their part! It was quite a walk to get all the way around as they want everyone coming through the same entrance (over my Lights Motor Action) but I did eventually make it!

It was absolutely beautiful, and I wasn’t even fully into the Streets of America yet!

I had finally made it around to the official entrance, and finally gave myself a chance to look around! And for those of you who were wondering, there is a little stand (Herbie’s Drive In) that is still open at this time, and I *think* they had hot chocolate, but the wait was too long for me to be bothered!

They were so pretty!!! Like seriously, I’d seen pictures of them before, but pictures just don’t do them justice! You have to see them in pictures! I also found a Once poster!!

And as if my mind wasn’t blown enough with the gorgeousness of the lights themselves, there were little hidden Mickey’s all throughout the display, awesome!! And then….this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZurRoKkwJ4

(sorry for the camera turning sideways halfway through, I seriously don’t think sometimes, ahahaha)

MY MIND WAS BLOOOWWWWNN….THEY ACTUALLY DAAAAAANCE. I seriously thought the “dancing” part was just like, the reindeer prancing kinda thing, but then this happened. I was seriously amazed. And this, is why you should definitely take a chance to check out the lights if you’re in DHS over the Christmas season, they are beautiful!

With the dancing over, and me getting colder by the minute, I decided to start to head out of the park. Since I was chilly, and there’s always shopping to do, I stopped into some of the gift shops on the way out to warm up and browse. This is where I finally found something for the boyfriend, and the roommate, it’s pretty hard to shop for boys at Disney sometimes, but I managed to do it!

The bowtie for the roommate (he absolutely loves bow ties and has worn it at work pretty much everyday!) And a regular tie for the boyfriend!

Since I was leaving the park I just took them with me, and headed out to the bus stop, which I managed to get on at 9:18, and was home not much later than that!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: