Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #16
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Finally found my way here. Looks like you had a great first day. Mom and I loved all the details in New Fantasyland!

I'm curious to see if our paths crossed at all. I was there from 11/25 though 12/1. I looked for you the whole time but there were lots of people!
Old 12-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #17
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I'm here! You are quite the trooper, touring the parks on broken toes!!!

That ring is beautiful!
Bahaha!! I had NO CHOICE! I seriously wanted to kill him after I realized I was leaving for Disney the next day! It honestly worked out for the best though, being that I could just wear sandals, although I think all the walking made it a little bit worse, as it's been 2 weeks and it still hurts. Ugh. THANKS! I really like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
I'm onboard for another great report! I live my love of Disney vicariously through your reports since its impossible to go more than once a year with a wife and two little kids!
Yay!! That's awesome!! I'm hoping I can keep up the trips in the coming year, but I'm not sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie*Pirate View Post
I'm in!!
Yay!! Hi!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #18
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateprincess1976 View Post
Joining in! I love that they came out with dinglehopper hairbrushes. So cute, I want on so bad. Gotta love the Little Mermaid.
Hi!! Glad you're here!! I know right?! They're so adorable, and they actually work pretty well for the brush aspect, especially for stuff like backcombing, it's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Finally found my way here. Looks like you had a great first day. Mom and I loved all the details in New Fantasyland!

I'm curious to see if our paths crossed at all. I was there from 11/25 though 12/1. I looked for you the whole time but there were lots of people!
It was pretty awesome! ACK! FLE was seriously the greatest thing I've seen in a while, it's amazing!!

I know!! I'm pretty sure we were around Le Cellier and DHS that evening around the same time Maybe we were in the same crowd of people and didn't even know it! Hah

Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Coronado Springs Morning!

It was time for Day 1 (officially) in Disney! Yay!! I was up bright and early around 7:50 in the morning so Id have time to get down and get some breakfast from the resort before heading out. I quickly threw on some make up, did my hair, and was out the door to head back to the Lobby area of the resort. Naturally, it was gorgeous out (sun wise, it still was pretty chilly, but I had my warmer sweater on) so I took a bunch of pictures!

Looking out from where my room was, and then back towards the building, I did like how colorful they are!

There were some nice little hammock areas around the bay as well to hang out in.

I made it down to Café Rix in not as much time as I thought it would take, and took a look through the breakfast options, and was disappointed in the selections. Let me tell you, its a TINY place in there, like, there is NO room, but the resort has 2 sit down places&..ugh& I eventually chose a ham & cheese & egg croissant sandwich (which came with a hashbrown), filled up my mug and had to head around the corner over into the lounge area to get a seat to eat!

I ended up taking apart the sandwich and attempting to just eat the egg part, but even that was gross, in total I didnt even eat half of the sandwich, but did enjoy the hashbrown.

Dining Review: Café Rix
2/5
-Too crowded, especially at high volume food times, not even enough space to move
-No healthy options
-Didnt like the food

Maybe its just me coming from a variety of resorts, and always having lots of selection that Ive been spoiled and I just didnt enjoy it enough, who knows? Hahaha. I managed to get to the bus stop right at 8:25 though, which I figured was good enough, as I waited, I tweeted!

Got my free coffee! Ready for a full day at Disneys Hollywood Studios!

Shameful secret: I brought that mug from home. Ive noticed that they dont really change the mugs, theres no telling whether you bought it that trip or not& but hey, I originally did pay for it, right?! Hahah. Anyways, the main bus stop at CSR is actually the last for the bus to pick people up at, so it can be a problem, and there may not be room on the bus, luckily it was early and there wasnt a lot of people to get on the DHS bus.

We arrived at the park at 8:45, and I thought we were making some pretty decent time, but I had guessed wrong! They werent even letting anyone past the bag check because there just wasnt the space between them and the turnstiles! Ugh, I may end up spending more time than I thought at Epcot.

I do not accept these crowds! #thanksgivingweekend

They started letting people in before 9:00, thankfully, and once through the bag check, I managed to weasel my way up a lot closer to the turnstiles! (benefit of being solo, you really can get through crowds way easier!) Heres a look at the turnstiles!

Ugh, let me tell you, I was not too into it!

Obviously I had my first pick of things to do today!

And of course it involved some Mania of the Toy Story variety! Knowing how the crowds were, and that I usually like to do TSM twice, I grabbed a fast pass first before jumping in line. I got a return time of 10:20 am right at 9:00!

Last edited by katt789; 12-09-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #20
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's Gaming Time!

And then of course I jumped right in the standby line, which was posted at 30 minutes, boo, but hey, it wouldn’t be that short again today, so I may as well!

That one always makes me laugh, it’s so true! Prices of things obviously aren’t that bad up here, but they are almost always more expensive than in the States, boourns!

Mom loved the Tinkertoy’s in Sept, so I tagged her in the pic on Facebook!

I think those drawings are my favsies! They’re super cute, I love that you’re “toy sized” when you’re in the cue. If you haven’t been through the standby at TSM, next time you’re around, make sure to go through it! It’s awesome.

I had about reached this point when I tweeted;

30 minute wait time?! Pssh, I’m in in 15 minutes!!

NO DANCING!

Themeing, so incredible!! Sometimes I really want to just ride TSM just to take pictures, but let’s be serious, I’m way to competitive to even think about doing that, I’m way too focused on my game!

Yay for a good score! (Wow, you’d think my seat partner was asleep or something! Ahahaha….so funny!) I also got best in vehicle! Heck yes! This was starting out to be a good day!

Then again, what day isn’t a good day when you’re in Disney!? With my fast pass already in my pocket, I started towards Tower of Terror, my next destination!

I like the lights they have set up there, very “Hollywood” esque! Tower of Terror was posted at about 20 minutes, and I think I waited about that!

Ready to check in for my stay at the Hollywood Hotel!

I also tagged Paige in that photo on facebook, as the elevator is waiting “just for her!” and mentioned that I greatly missed her on this trip, as our last one had been so fantastic!

It was a good elevator ride, not great. There was another solo rider and he sat directly beside me rather than sitting one seat over (they hadn’t filled the elevator up completely) and it just made it kinda weird. Haha!! I don’t do RnR at all (yup, I’m a scaredy Katt…get it…ahaha…so funny…) so I spent the next little bit looking through the shops to kill some time, and was seriously so excited for the Osborne Lights that evening, all this Christmas stuff was definitely getting me into the spirit of the season (although it didn’t feel so right without any snow and below freezing temperatures!)

There is Muppet Christmas music playing! #heaven I died, I would love that CD for Christmas!

Soon enough it hit 10:20, so I headed back towards Toy Story Mania to use my fast pass, and in the end, waited under 5 minutes for the ride. Yay! (Pretty sure standby was posted upwards of 60 minutes by now)

I’m in love with the music from Toy Story!

I ended up beating my score from last time, and got the best in the vehicle again! Yaaaay! On my way out of the ride, I heard the other family from the vehicle talking trying to figure out who had gotten the highest score, heh heh heh, awesome. Since it was nearly time to get in line for some theatre (if I wanted a great seat) I headed BACK towards where I had just been!

Time for some theatre, Beauty and the Beast, here I come!

Old 12-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #21
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

I thought Pepper Market was the counter-service at Coronado Springs.

Woah, that's a lot of people waiting to get into DHS!!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #22
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

Our Hollywood Studios day was that crowded too! No idea what was going on since the rest of the week was much better. I did manage to sneak Mom and I into a line that was hidden behind one of the ticket booths.

I have a new love for TOT after this last trip. It's much more fun when I don't get off it feeling queasy. Thank goodness I found Bonine.

I'm sure we did cross paths that Sunday but being the last day of the Holiday weekend, it was crowded at both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We could have walked right by each other!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM   #23
wiscbugs
Loving everything Disney!

Uh huh...I feel more Beauty and the Beast photos coming....
Old 12-12-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought Pepper Market was the counter-service at Coronado Springs.

Woah, that's a lot of people waiting to get into DHS!!
I thought so too!! But when I walked past (and was actually trying to get in) there was a sign saying it was a sit down, and the Cafe Rix was where to go otherwise. I dunno, maybe it had been booked out for a conference of something? It still looked like a counter service!

Oh my goodness it sure was crazy! Once we were in the park the crowds obviously thinned out a bit, but it was a crowded day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto0809 View Post
Our Hollywood Studios day was that crowded too! No idea what was going on since the rest of the week was much better. I did manage to sneak Mom and I into a line that was hidden behind one of the ticket booths.

I have a new love for TOT after this last trip. It's much more fun when I don't get off it feeling queasy. Thank goodness I found Bonine.

I'm sure we did cross paths that Sunday but being the last day of the Holiday weekend, it was crowded at both Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We could have walked right by each other!
The rest of my trip was still pretty busy, it definitely got better as the days went on, but was still worse than my July trip, which is crazy!! That's awesome! I'm just glad I was solo and knew my way around super well, no need to flow with the crowds!

That's awesome! I love that ride so much, I didn't manage to get on it again though haha!! And we probably did, but holy lots of people!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbugs View Post
Uh huh...I feel more Beauty and the Beast photos coming....

Old 12-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #25
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Wow, those crowds look scary! I feel a little claustrophobic just looking at the photos.

You have GOT to get your butt on RnRC one of these days! Trust me--it's awesome!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:11 PM   #26
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

I thought so too!! But when I walked past (and was actually trying to get in) there was a sign saying it was a sit down, and the Cafe Rix was where to go otherwise. I dunno, maybe it had been booked out for a conference of something? It still looked like a counter service!

That's weird. Maybe they were booked like you said. Or maybe it's just because it's a different kind of counter-service? I know they do things differently, and I think I read they were trying a new way of doing things.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #27
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Wow, those crowds look scary! I feel a little claustrophobic just looking at the photos.

You have GOT to get your butt on RnRC one of these days! Trust me--it's awesome!
Yup! It was pretty freaking crazy before we got into the parks!! Ahahaha....maybe...we'll see, haha, one of these days I'm sure I'll get on it!

Quote:
That's weird. Maybe they were booked like you said. Or maybe it's just because it's a different kind of counter-service? I know they do things differently, and I think I read they were trying a new way of doing things.
Yeah, it was odd...I definitely was unimpressed with the food at the resort,there just wasn't enough space or choices...

Old 12-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #28
katt789
DIS Veteran

I Want So Much More

I had just gotten to the Beauty and the Beast theatre and noticed that the line already stretched down the length of the front of the theatre and into the “street” beside it, kinda near the shops. I was hoping that the seating wouldn’t be too bad thanks to all the people in line. Thankfully I’m good at weaving through crowds!

While I was waiting I had a couple of thoughts, mainly

The question of the day, should I get the red velvet cheesecake cupcake?
Which of course, Jess tweeted back at me that the answer is always yes!! Hahah, too bad I had already left DHS by that point I was also in awe of some people.

It will never cease to amazing me when people don’t do their research on Disney trips and come in knowing nothing

I have no idea what conversation I was listening to, but apparently it amazed me! Hahah! Even with the giant line of people, I still managed to get a third row seat! Heck yes! I really do like this show, and love taking good pictures, especially if I’m solo, no one’s going to complain about lining up an hour early for things like this bahaha! (Yes, I am that person sometimes…)

It’s always so much anticipation for me when the curtain rises, and you see Belle’s back, but don’t know which Belle it is yet, it seriously KILLS ME. Which one would it be today?

Survey says: GREAT!! Yay!!

Isn’t it a little odd how someone can be so thought down upon simply because they read, or don’t have the same thoughts as everyone else? Weird….and so accurate…. Now it was time for the next biggest anticipation of the show, which Gaston would end up popping up?!?

Definitely a great one!! I have seen him many times before, an do enjoy the way that he really is into the character, and is just plain awesome!

\

Belle just wants to find adventure, Gaston just wants to marry the prettiest girl in the town, and the silly girls just want Gaston’s attention!! I would absolutely love it if they brought the bimbettes out in the parks, even if it was just on special occasions, it’d be awesome!!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
katt789
DIS Veteran

What Could You Possibly Know About My Dreams?!

I love how into the silly girls get too, thinking that Gaston might actually pay attention to them now, but, no such luck, he’s only after Belle right now, see ya later girls!

And that’s the part that you realize how creepy Gaston actually is, and how far he’s willing to go just to get Belle’s hand in marriage, like, really? That’s a tad too far, and he’s a dream crusher, who wants to be with a dream crusher?!

And then we skip past 1/2 the movie and all of a sudden Belle’s just in the castle, with the Beast and enchanted objects, I mean, cool, there’s another dance number, I’m happy!

And just look how cute Belle is! And how awesome the outfits for the dancers are! Lovely!

Hey look! I actually got a picture of something that wasn’t a dancer or main character! Bahaha, they do actually exist, I swear!

The dance number that these guys do to the Mob Song is by far my favourite of the show, I don’t know why, but I’ve always loved the villains songs, and the way they’ve choreographed this one just does amazingly well in my mind! If you haven’t had the change to check it out, here’s a link to a video of it, I suggest watching it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Irz8Zoacw

And of course, I got lots of pictures of the performers! Yay! There are of course, more coming up!

Old 12-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #30
katt789
DIS Veteran

Love Is Strength

Naturally, the mob manages to find their way to the castle 3 times faster than anyone else in the entire movie did, and start attacking, after all, they’ve got the “rid the world of this beast” Ugh.

Aaaaand point number two when Gaston proves he really is just a huge butt head who doesn’t deserve any kind of love anyways, like seriously, I mean, I know it’s done the way it is to prove that he’s a jerk, but it’s intense…kinda like camping….

This would be where this girl once again wins me over because her acting is well….#1 it’s actually there, so that’s a bonus, #2: it’s great! She actually expresses and shows emotion and it’s just wonderful!!

The show was great, I was very impressed with all of the leads in it, but the dancers were all meh, I mean, they’re amazing, but not my actual favorites of the cast, but oh well, that’s life. With the show over I slowly but surely left the theatre with the crowd with a next target of business in mind!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: