DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #16
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

I did change it to PayPal. I found out the name associated with their email was a totally different name on the PayPal acct which struck me as very strange. I have tried contacting them but have gotten no response what so ever

Thank you for explaining the holding acct. hopefully I find someone who legit. I think I will only accept Paypal from now on.

mike : maddie samicasey
chipdale74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #17
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipdale74 View Post
I did change it to PayPal. I found out the name associated with their email was a totally different name on the PayPal acct which struck me as very strange. I have tried contacting them but have gotten no response what so ever

Thank you for explaining the holding acct. hopefully I find someone who legit. I think I will only accept Paypal from now on.
I would change the names on the reservations so they don't try to go to the resort and do something funky. Advertise the reservation; I am sure you will get lots of bites!
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #18
DougEMG
DIS Veteran

My number one rule when renting is to cancel any reservation that has not been paid for in full by 31 days ahead of the reservation.

Sorry this has happened to you.

DougEMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #19
joeyrose
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEMG View Post
My number one rule when renting is to cancel any reservation that has not been paid for in full by 31 days ahead of the reservation.

Sorry this has happened to you.
this is my number two rule. my number one rule is "show me the money" with a booking deposit via paypal and then a personal check for the balance within seven days. i seldom do payment plans of any kind unless it's very large ressie.
joeyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
Tiny Disney Dancer
Earning My Ears

Chipdale74 - I'm sending you a PM. Please check it!
Tiny Disney Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #21
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipdale74 View Post

Just so you know going forward, Paypal is convenient but if there is a problem with a rental they will not help you.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:21 AM   #22
maburke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Just so you know going forward, Paypal is convenient but if there is a problem with a rental they will not help you.
But it's better than a check. Quicker, and won't bounce.

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:48 AM   #23
hidingmickey
wuteva

Not that I know about renting out points but I would as others suggest, change the name on the ressie ASAP! Trust your gut, something isn't right.

Can you see if someone on DIS or DVC would want to extend their stay or make a new visit? I would just cut ties with the others, you have done your share of contacting and they have not done theirs, they lose.
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

I have cut ties with this person. I just hope another member doesn't get caught in their lies. I am trying to rent it out this week. If not then I plan on canceling the ressie and dealing with renting out later. I just hope I can get back into the holiday spirit after this sour experience

Old 12-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #25
tjkraz

DVC Owner SSR

Quote:
Originally Posted by maburke View Post
But it's better than a check. Quicker, and won't bounce.
True but there are a lot of horror stories out there about PayPal reversing charges following a complaint or even locking accounts entirely.

I can't speak to the frequency of these actions, nor to the circumstances which lead up to them. But it seems if you're unlucky enough to hook-up with a renter who is bound and determined to cause trouble, complaints filed with PayPal--embellished or fraudulent--could lead to just as many headaches.

DVC owner at SSR, BWV and VGC
tjkraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #26
hidingmickey
wuteva

Sorry chipdale, but try to remember that things could have come out much worse than they are. I know easier said than done but I hope you understand what I mean. I have a 4yo too and I know I am living the holidays through him right now, luckily for them at this age, everything is magical. Your 4yos smile should be your smile, it will be there whether there are 5 million presents this year or 5. Sending you positive hopes that you get those points rented.
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
maburke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkraz View Post
True but there are a lot of horror stories out there about PayPal reversing charges following a complaint or even locking accounts entirely.

I can't speak to the frequency of these actions, nor to the circumstances which lead up to them. But it seems if you're unlucky enough to hook-up with a renter who is bound and determined to cause trouble, complaints filed with PayPal--embellished or fraudulent--could lead to just as many headaches.
Okay, good to know. I was thinking that a person couldn't "stop payment" on paypal, but I guess basically, they can.

Thanks.

1972: Contemporary; 1991: Radisson; 1994: OKW; 2001: BC & Disney Wonder; 2002: BWI; 2003: BCV; 2004: OKW; 2005: BWV; 2006: HHI, GCH@DL; 2007: BWV, GCH@DL; 2008: BCV; 2009: AKV-Kidani/VB & THV; 2010: BLT/BCV; 2011: VGC; 2012:OKW; 2013: VGC; 2014: DLP
maburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #28
jad215
Mouseketeer

I'm not a DVC owner, but we are renting points from some wonderful owners for our upcoming trip that we found on the rent/trade board. You may want to ask other members if you can see their contracts they send out. We had to make an initial deposit within 3 days of signing and then have additional payment due dates with the final payment due 2 months prior to checkin. I realize your's was a shorter time frame (we rented 11 months out), but if you choose to rent in the future sample contracts may help. I hope this bad apple doesn't poison you from renting in the future!

jad215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

OP, follow Crisi's advice (on the first page). Change the name on the reservation to yours. Tell them they no longer have a reservation unless they FEDEX the money immediately by Midnight Tuesday. Cashier check only. Then take a little bit to change the name back if you like (make them sweat a little).

Or cancel it today, put your points into holding and make another reservation before the end of your UY.

Whatever you do, change the name today!!

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #30
chipdale74
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone for all your recommendations and advice. I sent an email to the original person letting her know her reservation was cancelled due to lack of payment. I was lucky and I found someone who wanted to use the current ressie (yeah!!!!). I am going to be extra careful in the future and I will be doing contracts. Thanks for the advice!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: