Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Saw the strangest thing today

During my adventures today, I had a quick glance of a shopping cart rolling by. It looked like it was filled with dogs! I couldn't believe my eyes. I quickly followed, and sure enough, pushing pushed around were 4 wiener dogs! It was the cutest, yet weirdest thing ever. I guess it was a mom, dad, and their two kids. The grandparents (humans), said the dogs have to come everywhere.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:59 PM   #2
Jex
DIS Veteran

Would have been great if there was a package of hot dog buns in the cart as well. I love my dachshunds though.
Jex is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2014, 11:03 PM   #3
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Um, was this a grocery store? I find it slightly disgusting for the next person who gets that cart.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:08 PM   #4
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

The dogs "have" to come everywhere? More like the owners want the dogs everywhere.

I second the PP who said ewww. I don't care if the food is packaged, I don't want dog hair all over it.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #5
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

No, not a food store! Hardware store!
Old 07-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
MonkeyDishwasher
Yes!!! I got the first non-topic starter post! Do I get a medal or something?

Sorry to be so judgy, but unless those dogs are actually providing a service of some sort, FOUR dogs do not *need* to accompany their owners everywhere. They'll have companionship if you leave them at home all together. And if you don't trust them to be home by themselves, that's what crate training is for, or a decently sized backyard even!
MonkeyDishwasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #7
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

If they can all be calm like that is a shopping cart they can all be left at home in a pen. We have a mini long haired doxie and he gets left in a 3'x3' baby play yard. He does freak if he's left to wander the house without anyone home. We've actually tested him and he just barks and barks but he's content in his play yard.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
kimblebee
now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

I will get slammed for this, and I did post it on the spin off thread but I find it totally obnoxious when people bring their pets everywhere with them. Granted, I am not a pet person. Never have been, never will be. Even if I was, your pet belongs at home, NOT at Target.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #9
NewRVLady
DIS Veteran

kimblebeebee

We see guys bring their dogs into Bass Pro Shop-and they don't have anything signifying they are a "companion Dog"
NewRVLady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:34 AM   #10
Jex
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
I will get slammed for this, and I did post it on the spin off thread but I find it totally obnoxious when people bring their pets everywhere with them. Granted, I am not a pet person. Never have been, never will be. Even if I was, your pet belongs at home, NOT at Target.
It was a hardware store, not a target. Why does it bother you so much when people bring their pets places. To a lot of people they are their kids.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #11
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

Must be a trend. I have seen many dogs in stores that do not seem to be seem to be service dogs. One was wildly pulling a leash in a small mall type area store defacing three kids around. The kids were screaming and laughing. Another was an older dog that a lady was carrying. I remember asking my hubby if dogs are now allowed in stores. I thought that only service dogs were allowed in stores.
anniemae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
anniemae
Either she is eating a delicious meal, or she keeled over in starvation

Whoops, should be "dragging" three kids around, not "defacing." Darn auto correct!
anniemae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 AM   #13
ronandannette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex View Post
It was a hardware store, not a target. Why does it bother you so much when people bring their pets places. To a lot of people they are their kids.
But that doesn't actually make them kids, does it. In fact we seem to be trending toward it being more acceptable to be intolerant of children in public than animals.

I think some posters in the other thread are correct when they say that it's potentially market driven. Store management doesn't want conflict with customers, especially the obnoxious, entitled ones that will try to raise a fuss about their pets being service animals when they are not. I also don't understand why there is no formal identification of legitimate service animals - would having to qualify for and display a collar tag be so terrible? Trained service dogs are IMO an excellent way to use an animal's innate characteristics to benefit people. Sorry folks, I come from a farm background and I actually do believe that animals are a resource to be stewarded.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 AM   #14
Poohforyou
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex View Post
Because they aren't kids, they're animals. The only animals that belong in store, other than pet stores, are service animals. Somehow I doubt a shopping cart full of doxies are serving anyone. We have a dog and love him but like most responsible dog owners recognize there's a time and place for them.
Poohforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:03 AM   #15
Jex
DIS Veteran

My wife has one of ours as a therapy dog, not for her, but for her practice. She does have a badge that clips onto her collar, but while we don't take her out often, I can't recall anyone actually asking about the badge. We are in a pretty dog friendly place though.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: