Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #16
LauraluvsDisney2
Earning My Ears

Ready to follow along
We will be making a trip in feb as well!!! I am thinking I may start a PTR myself but I am not sure since I have never done one, but I guess you have to start somewhere right.

Can't wait to read more

Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #17
Terkina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Ha! Thanks. I might do one for my December trip. Is it too soon for a December 2013 TR? hahaha
It's never too early for a PTR

My Pre-Trip report My Trip report
Me Tantor Terkina Esmeralda
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #18
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for joining along. I will post again tomorrow night. I came down with quite a cold today so I am going to bed early.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #19
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debidigidelights View Post
I am subbing also, love these PTR's
Thanks for joining along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
I'll join in! I'm also from a smallish town in Ontario! Looking forward to reading about your plans!
Welcome fellow Ontarian! Thanks for joining along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommergirl25 View Post
I'm here! How are you planning on surprising?
Stay tuned... more info to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraluvsDisney2 View Post
Ready to follow along
We will be making a trip in feb as well!!! I am thinking I may start a PTR myself but I am not sure since I have never done one, but I guess you have to start somewhere right.

Can't wait to read more
Thanks for joining along! If you start one, let me know.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:42 PM   #20
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for joining along!

In 2011 when we went to WDW for 8 days and then went on the Cruise – Dream for 5 days we said that was going to be our last trip for a few years. We need to start saving some money for me to get a new car. My car is getting old but still going strong so I am hoping I can get a few more years out of her.

Then in May 2012 I won an award at work that is only given out once a year to 50 employees out of 15,000. I was so surprised and excited. Congratulations… with the award here is a $500 travel voucher. Wow how cool….

Now… ummm what to use the voucher on. So my DH and I talked about maybe going on a trip to Vegas, just the two of us. Then we talked about going to Niagara Falls for the weekend, just the two of us. Then we thought Chicago with the family. But nothing was really feeling like that was what we really wanted to do. So I mentioned we could use it towards a flight to Orlando and that was it. We are going home… That is what Disney feels like for us. But my DH and I decided that we were not going to tell the kids this time.

So now on to planning our Disney Vacation, when, and where??
Old 12-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #22
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl
$500 travel voucher! That's fantastic!
Yes it was a great honor and surprise. They also treated my DH and I out for a nice luncheon.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:46 PM   #23
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Where did I leave off… oh ya, we are going to Walt Disney World… yahoo!!!

Now when should we go?

Last four trips have been in the fall Sept, Dec, Nov, and then Oct. I know we could not save up in time to go back in the fall this year, but I love WDW in the fall. Oh well, time to try something new.
How about the spring, April or May? That would be great, but I was worried about the crowds and taking the kids out of school to close to the end of school. So I thought about during our March Break, but then I knew for sure the crowds would have been crazy. So then I looked at February. We have gone for everyone’s birthdays except my DH so February would be great since his birthday is Feb 8th. I looked at our school schedule and noticed that Feb 1st is a PD Day (Professional Development Day that teachers use to plan the next session of classes and the students have a day off school). Therefore I thought January 31st would be a great day to start our vacation. I was hoping for a late flight so the kids could go to school, which we would then pick them up from school and go right to the airport. So January 31st to February 9th so we were there for my DH’s birthday. When looking at the calendar the 9th is a Saturday so I decided lets stay one more night.

There we go….decision made. Jan 31st to Feb 10th 2013. 11 days… yahoo!!!

Up next… where to stay?
Old 12-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Now where to stay???

I would like to try to go to a different resort each time we go. We have been to Pop Century, POFQ, ASMovies and FWCabins. So lets go to AoA since it is new and a value resort.
Then… I got thinking… I know, I think too much . As you can see I am “Pooh” sized and my feet get really tired and sore after a long day at the parks, so I was worried that the LM section would be too long of a walk after a long day. So now where??
I started reading a lot of post here on the DisBoards to get some ideas. I started reading the DVC blogs and came across people who rent DVC points. I thought that would be a fun why to go to Disney. Therefore I looked into it. I went on the David’s Vacation Club website and noticed that the price of renting points wasn’t much difference then staying at the moderate resorts with a discount or staying at a value resort at full price. So I filled out the application to start the process and my first choice was sold out, but my second choice was available. Yahoo… all booked and paid for. We are staying at:

(Thank you to the Disboards for the pictures)

Animal Kingdom Lodge, Kidani Village in a deluxe studio standard view. Yahoo… a deluxe villa resort. How cool! I never thought we would ever be able to stay in a deluxe resort. Thank you to those of you that rent out your vacation club points! It makes people like me so excited!

Next up: ADRs, where to go?, pay out of pocket or pay for the DDP?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #25
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

We really love AKL!! We are DVC members and stayed there in April and it is truly amazing! I wish it was closer to some of the other parks, but man there is so much to do there! And that is even for two adults with no kids! You will love it...and become permanently spoiled. lol
Old 12-07-2012, 05:39 AM   #26
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford
We really love AKL!! We are DVC members and stayed there in April and it is truly amazing! I wish it was closer to some of the other parks, but man there is so much to do there! And that is even for two adults with no kids! You will love it...and become permanently spoiled. lol
I have heard so many good reviews about AKL. It makes me so excited! It does scare me how far away it is but we will just have to go with the flow and maybe plan better if we have to be somewhere in the morning.

I can't wait to be spoiled!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #27
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

My husband and I just got back from a 3 night stay renting points at AKL and we LOVED IT!!!!! There are TONS of pics in my TR link below, if you want to see. I am going to have a hard time going back to a value now b/c I adore AKL and Kidani looked amazing as well, we were over there eating at Sanaa our first night! Renting points was awesome and simple. I will definitely do it again, we paid what we would have at a mod!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #28
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWaddictt View Post
I have heard so many good reviews about AKL. It makes me so excited! It does scare me how far away it is but we will just have to go with the flow and maybe plan better if we have to be somewhere in the morning.

I can't wait to be spoiled!!!
We were in Jambo, but we had no problem with the buses going there in the morning, although we are not rope drop people, so other experiences may be different. The thing that was most difficult was the trip's home. I think we were standing most of the time. But for me, it's worth the trade off if you know what to expect!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #29
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
My husband and I just got back from a 3 night stay renting points at AKL and we LOVED IT!!!!! There are TONS of pics in my TR link below, if you want to see. I am going to have a hard time going back to a value now b/c I adore AKL and Kidani looked amazing as well, we were over there eating at Sanaa our first night! Renting points was awesome and simple. I will definitely do it again, we paid what we would have at a mod!
I am so glad to hear you loved it!! We can't wait.

I am following your trip report and your pictures are amazing!

How did you like Sanaa? I am excited to eat there. There is a lot of positive feed back on the Disboards of Sanaa.

I know, I love that we can stay at a Deluxe because of awesome people that rent points to Disney lovers like us. So excited!!! I hope it all turns out good like yours did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
We were in Jambo, but we had no problem with the buses going there in the morning, although we are not rope drop people, so other experiences may be different. The thing that was most difficult was the trip's home. I think we were standing most of the time. But for me, it's worth the trade off if you know what to expect!
Thank you for your advise, I greatly appreciate it.

We are early morning (rope drop) family, so we will have to see how it is. But it doesn't matter to us, my son loves the bus rides anyway (fav thing in Disney...lol) It will be hard after a long day at the parks though and my son crashes very easily to have to stand all the way back. Oh well we have done it before and won't change it for the memories later.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #30
WDWaddictt
DIS Veteran

ADR’s – where to go, what day, too many choices….

We are only going to the parks for 5 days of our stay so we have to choose what days we want to go to the parks and which park before we can choose wear to eat. We are an early riser family, therefore we like to take advantage of the EMH, especially for MK, DHS and AK. So our plan:

Jan 31- arrival, we usually go to DTD on arrival days especially since we won’t be there until 6pm or so
Feb 1- tour around the resort
Feb 2- EMH at DHS, be there by 7:40am or so
Feb 3- DTD
Feb 4- Epcot
Feb 5- tour around other resorts
Feb 6- EMH at AK, be there by 7:45am or so
Feb 7- EMH at MK, be there by 7:30am or so then maybe go to Epcot in the afternoon
Feb 8- DH’s birthday, MK
Feb 9- DTD, relax at resort
Feb 10- early departure

So now we know what days we are going to the parks, lets figure out where to eat.

Jan 31- not sure when we will get to WDW so no TS
Feb 1- breakfast 10:00am at Boma’s, heard a lot of good reviews but have never been
- supper at Whispering Canyon Café 6:30pm, we have been there before and really enjoyed it. I know that the menu has changed, so I am a little nervous but hopefully it will still be good.
Feb 2- at Hollywood studios, not sure where – last time we were at 50’s PT the food we received was so gross I don’t know if they were so busy that it wasn’t fully cooked or just a bad day, but it made me not want to go back. I also wanted to try somewhere new. We have been to Sci-Fi, H&V so I decided Mama Melrose lunch 12:05pm for the Fantasmic package. I have read mixed reviews so I am a bit nervous. What do you guys think?
Feb 3- T-Rex 6:00pm, somewhere where I wanted to try but haven’t yet. I think my DS will love it
Feb 4- Epcot, since this isn’t an EMH I booked an early breakfast 8:15am at Akershus, my DD will love this
-supper 7:45pm at Rose and Crown, never been here before but thought it would be great to watch the fireworks from here.
Feb 5- Sanaa 5:40pm, I have never been but looking forward to this restaurant the most.
Feb 6- AK, Tusker House 9:40am, we have been here for breakfast every trip, we love it!
Feb 7- Le Chef’s 1:20, never been but it would be cool to see Remi (I love his movie).
Feb 8- MK, BOG 4:45, looking forward to this and hoping to get Dessert Firework party for DH for his bday.
Feb 9- Kona Café 6:30pm, not sure about this one, we have never been. What do you think?
Feb 10- we will be leaving early so no TS

So now we have 11 TS booked. My DD just turned 10 so we are paying adult prices for her and she is a picky eater, so this will be interesting.

DH and I went through the menus on Allears.net to get approx pricing and compared the pricing with the DDP and realized that it would be a little bit cheaper by maybe $100 total if we went with the basic DDP and we would get more food QS and TS. So now that is booked. But now I have to pay for one meal OOP.

Could you guys help me decide which one to pay out of pocket? Or how to play around with the credits for our one extra TS meal. Thanks!

Sorry for the long post… ADR are a big decision Next up day by day plans including the surprise…

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: