Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
ELLH
Mouseketeer

Rentals?

I really have been slacking on my end of planning my upcoming trip, which I leave for on Wednesday morning (3 days!).

I had wanted to replace my Canon 28-135mm (non-L) because I just don't really like the image quality. My $100 50mm prime has a lot more sharpness and detail compared to my 28-135. The image is really just soft and I don't care for it. I had considered biting the bullet and purchasing a 24-70 or 24-105 L lens and the upcoming vacation was just another reason to make the upgrade. Well, like a typical guy, I procrastinated and now I'm running out of time and I really don't know if I want to purchase one for full price and pay overnight or 2-day fees to get it here in time. IOW, I predict buyer's remorse due to my improper planning.

All is not lost, however, because there are a couple rental places in the Orlando area I've found:
lenspal
lensdepot

I can rent either lens for about the same price from either location. It would only be about $50 for a 7-day rental of the 24-105mm picked up locally. However, lenspal seems closer.

Does anyone here have any feedback or suggestions on these places or my situation in general? I had honestly considered going the route of purchasing used but the odds of finding someone willing to 2-day me a lens for a price I can afford is rather slim.

TIA,
Erin
ELLH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

Another one, who has been getting good reviews from folks on this forum, is Kingdom Camera Rentals. Its my understanding they will deliver. Whoever you use please let us all know how it went. Thanks.
Gianna'sPapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #3
ELLH
Mouseketeer

Wow. That looks like a great option. I'll look in to that. Anyone with feedback on this company?
ELLH is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: