Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
ELLH
Mouseketeer

A Baby's Best Friend: Toddler Bed and Experiences

Hey, all.

My family will be leaving in a few days for a week-long vacation at WDW where we'll be staying at AoA Little Mermaid.

We're considering using A Baby's Best Friend to supply a toddler bed for our 2 year old. We had considered using an air mattress because we could fold it up to provide extra space in the room as needed. However, the toddler bed option is more to my liking as a parent as it's a bit more permanent and provides familiarity to our little one (who may not care either way, but I'm going weirdo-Dad-mode here so forgive me). So, I have two questions for those able to provide some input:
  1. How was your experience with ABBF? Did you use their Toddler bed and if so, what were your thoughts on that?
  2. This is more specific but if you can provide some input, it'd be great. If we use the toddler bed, can anyone give me an idea of how much space it consumes in the AoA Little Mermaid Room? It may be comparable to other Value Resort single-family rooms as well.

If anyone has any pictures of their value resort room with the toddler bed in use they wouldn't mind posting, I'd appreciate it, as it would give me a visual idea of what to expect. Especially if you've happened to use one at AoA LM.

There may not even be a toddler bed available since it's so close to our vacation. I wish I had found out about ABBF's sooner than today but I've been slacking. Either way, the information may help others even if it's too late for me.

Thanks in advance,
Erin
ELLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
lgjjp
Mouseketeer

We didn't rent a toddler bed but we did get an exersaucer and bumbo from them a few yrs ago. They were great. Everything was there when they said it would be very clean and wrapped in plastic. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from them again
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #3
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We rented two cribs from ABBF in September and I can say I would highly recommend them. They arrived clean, the mattresses were good, they were wrapped in plastic, and they arrived early. They texted me the shelf location they were in at bell services do it made things very easy for the bellman to find. I would imagine that the toddler beds would be equally as clean and the service would be the same.

I can help you a bit with the amount of space it will take up in a value room. We stayed in movies for a week with my boys when they were two, so same size room. We had two pack n plays set up, a double stroller, and since we drive in, a ton of stuff. We bring a lot of our own food since my boys have allergies and had a large ice chest and suitcases. We had the pack n plays next to one another so I think actually an equal or slightly larger footprint than a toddler bed. Plenty of space. We did move the table and chairs a little bit but it was no big deal. I would also think a toddler bed would fit in between the two beds pretty easily. It is definitely doable.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
DisneyRegulars
DIS Veteran

I can't answer your questions, but just wanted to say that when we used an air mattress during our last visit for our 2.5 year old it was fine. We left it inflated and he felt like it was his space, and had no problem sleeping on it. He was used to a twin bed at home. Just wanted to add this incase your ABBF is all out of toddler beds, an air mattress may work well too.

Trip report from our first DVC trip: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2864556
Plus our Anniversary Vacation: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954701
Trip report with a potty training toddler: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2987412
I survived a trip with MIL: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3040750
A Magic Kingdom Ultimate Tour Adventure http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...92&postcount=1
First trip with Magic Bands http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3170056
Post Holiday Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201404
Non-Fancy Fanatics at VGF http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3268362
Sept '03 (All Star Sports, DH's first trip) || March '04 (Travelodge) || March '05 (Star Island) || XMAS '06 (All Star Vacation Home) || March '07 (POP, Deluxe Dining Plan) || March '09 (POP) || June '09 Disney Land || April '11 (All Star Vacation Home, DS's first trip-14m) || January '12 (OKW, first DVC trip) || July '12 (Boardwalk, Anniversary Trip) || Sept '12 (AKV) || Jan '13 (AKV) || July '13 (SSR, Anniversary Trip) || September '13 (SSR) || January '14 (Boardwalk, AKV) || May '14 (VGF and Expedition Everest Challenge)
DisneyRegulars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
jmpurdy
DIS Veteran

great company

We HAVE rented toddler bed and crib and many toys over the years for our grandchilcren. The toddler bed is perfect. Bedding adorable and clean. We have never had an issue with this company and would highly recommend them. The cribs are full size which are way better than the p & p at the resorts and very easy to assemble. Always waiting for us upon arrival and we used bell services to return everything for p/u. Again, very good company and we are clean freaks!
January 2012 - BCV
January 2011 - BWV
May 2011 - Disney Dream
July 2010 - CBR
January 2010 - SSR
May 2009 - OKW
jmpurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
ckquan
MouseheadSF

ABBF Toddler Bed

We rented a toddler bed from ABBF in December 2011. Prior to this trip, we also rented a full-sized crib. I highly recommend ABBF. Their equipment is clean and sturdy.

The toddler bed arrived assembled and included the mattress, bed sheet, pillow case, and comforter. Everything was clean and wrapped in plastic. The delivery was on time and they even sent me a text to let me know that they had made the delivery. Bell Services stored the bed. Be sure to store the plastic bag and tags in a place where mousekeeping won't mistaken it as trash. You will need to wrap everything back up for ABBF to pick up at Bell Services. The toddler bed has panels on both sides as well as a headboard, footboard and is low to the ground. So I felt comfortable that my DD would not fall off. I was very happy with the condition of the bed and the service.

Sorry I can't answer your question about how much space it may take up at AoA as I have not stayed there before.

Have a great trip!
Saratoga Springs (December 2011)
Beach Club (September 2010)
Saratoga Springs (December 2009)
Gaylord Palms/Hilton at Sea World (October 2009)
Saratoga Springs (October 2006)
Old Key West (December 2003)
Caribbean Beach (December 2000)
Boardwalk (August 1999)
ckquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
ELLH
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the replies. I made a reservation and got a confirmation yesterday. I'll update this thread and let you all know my experience and try to provide photos of the bed in the room so those who ask in the future can get a visual understanding.
ELLH is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: