Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
ain0004
Mouseketeer

We rented from Alamo and got a minivan....

We rented from alamo a few weeks ago and got a minivan. But we were scheduled for a full size car. Is this usual? Unusual. There was only one full size car on the lane. But everyone was please with the upgrade......Just wondering if minivans are always found in the full size row?
ain0004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

When we rented from Alamo, at the Dolphin, we had booked a full-sized car. When we got to the counter, they asked us if we would like to upgrade to either a minivan or a large SUV. I said we weren't paying addtl...she told me it was a free upgrade...that most people wouldn't book the minivan or suv due to the size (weren't comfortable driving them) but wanted a roomy car, so they ran out of full sized cars quickly.
I quite happily took the large SUV!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 11:04 AM   #3
LisaS
DIS Veteran

I've read about this happening to people in the past but it never happened to us until our trip this past October. We rented a Standard Size from Alamo at the airport and were surprised to see several minivans in that aisle. We had rented a car for a grocery run among other things. Since we buy lots of bottled water (a case of bottles plus a couple of jugs for coffee) and a week's worth of groceries, it was great having all that space. It was a really plush and comfortable vehicle, the nicest rental we've ever had.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
At World's End
DIS Veteran

This happened to us in Jan. 2010. I booked a full size (for $150 for 10 days) and there was a minivan in the full size aisle so we took it. We were very happy! There were a couple of crossovers also.

At World's End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
pigletto
DIS Veteran

We booked a full size this past August but saw a minivan in the full size aisle. I was so happy!! Until I was told that the keys had been locked in it and we couldn't take it.
Oh well.. I always book what I'm happy with, though the extra room would have been nice

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: