Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 AM   #31
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznshents View Post
I am! I'm a PI right now and I got another one in Guest Relations for January 2013, so maybe I'll even see you down here! (I've always wanted to be friends with a face character... er... rather... friends with a friend of a face character...?)

I'm actually gonna confirm what the other person said- Bella's got awful reviews. Cagan Crossings is a pretty cheap place but I think it's a little further out, 20-30 min maybe? Not too terrible.

Oh, and I didn't read your post closely enough- they didn't tell you who to play, but if Alice was who they asked you to read for, there might be a pretty good chance that you'll be playing her, I think.

Yes they did ask me to send in an audition video for her!!! Why do you say there's a good chance, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondering because I am really excited haha! I am going to spend all day 'studying' how to be her and the other characters I might be from youtube videos and the cartoons haha! I really want the job but I feel very unprepared. A lot of people spend their whole lives wanting to work at WDW as a character or they have a lot of professional experience in acting and things. Where as I do not... I have a lot of experience on stage and dancing and singing, just not in big shows and I have never been trained or taken classes. I am nervous about what Disney expects. I am going to try my best though!
Here is a funny story for you.... I have only ONE friend working at WDW right now and she is in Guest Relations!! I am going to be living with her and the other girl I found. Guess where she is living right now and needs roommates for? BELLA..... AHHHHHHHH. Haha. Needless to say I am not very happy about it.... But she insisted on it and there was no way to change her mind. Plus, it was my only option and I had to do it.

Also, on my dashboard on disneycareers it says that I am a character performer pg..... Do you know what that means? I could just be over analyzing things but those two letters are annoying me because I don't know what it means. Haha!

Last edited by eparri01; 12-21-2012 at 07:46 AM.
eparri01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
thebookworm218
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by eparri01 View Post
On the third time they sent me a script for a certain character role asking for me to send in an audition video...
What kind of video did they ask for? If it was for Alice, did you have to speak with a British accent?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #33
eparri01
Earning My Ears

It was an audition video of me reading a script they sent me in a youthful, British accent while standing in a certain way.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
aznshents
Mouseketeer

I really wouldn't worry about other people's experience. There are tons and tons of folks on the College Program who are friends with face characters that have never really acted before, and they come and go every 4/6 months. The most important thing is to have fun with it, and work hard. Disney does expect a lot, of course, but you do have to realize that if you love it, it won't ever feel like work. (And again, I'm so jealous. I have ALWAYS wanted to be in Entertainment.)

Don't sweat it about Bella. If you make enough friends, you might not even be spending that much time at home anyway!

Character Performer PG is the classification for Character Performers, meaning you're probably going to do meet and greets. I sent you a message with a few more details, but I wouldn't worry about it, that status just says you're a Character Performer. (again. jealous.)
aznshents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #35
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Does PG stand for Position-Global?
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #36
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

oh my goodness you are seriously the luckiest girl i know! You better take full advantage of your once in a lifetime opportunity I never knew they did esubmissions and we be on the lookout for the future. I think it would be really cool if you did a trip report sort of thing about your experience. I know you probably can't post much about being friends with Alice, but just like the lifestyle of a friend would be awesome to hear about! Congrats!!!!!

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #37
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever
oh my goodness you are seriously the luckiest girl i know! You better take full advantage of your once in a lifetime opportunity I never knew they did esubmissions and we be on the lookout for the future. I think it would be really cool if you did a trip report sort of thing about your experience. I know you probably can't post much about being friends with Alice, but just like the lifestyle of a friend would be awesome to hear about! Congrats!!!!!
Well thank you so much!!!!!! I hope I get to do the face job. I have To pass the classes to be the character and everything!!! But if I do then I will certainly write down my experiences somewhere and possibly start a blog or something!!! I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 PM   #38
katt789
DIS Veteran

Ah!! Congrats!! I'm very happy to hear that SOMEONE has heard back from those!! All over tumblr people had heard "not now" or just NOTHING back from casting. Myself included, I submitted in Sept, and waited, and waited, and waited. The took the posting down, then would re post it and say "don't re apply if you applied to an earlier one" Ugh, but CONGRATS!!!! I hope you have the most magical experience of your life!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #39
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Have you begun working for Disney yet? How's everything going?
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #40
eparri01
Earning My Ears

No
Old 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #41
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789
Ah!! Congrats!! I'm very happy to hear that SOMEONE has heard back from those!! All over tumblr people had heard "not now" or just NOTHING back from casting. Myself included, I submitted in Sept, and waited, and waited, and waited. The took the posting down, then would re post it and say "don't re apply if you applied to an earlier one" Ugh, but CONGRATS!!!! I hope you have the most magical experience of your life!
Thanks so much!!!! well at least everyone knows it is possible!!! I actually looked for some info myself, but couldn't find anything.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #42
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywarhorse
Have you begun working for Disney yet? How's everything going?
Sorry I didn't mean to send just no lol . I will start on January 21st!!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM   #43
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

How was your first week?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #44
eparri01
Earning My Ears

Well it turns out that I couldn't get into traditions until February 2nd. I'm kinda upset about it lol I technically haven't had a first week yet!! I will let you all know how it goes.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #45
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

I wanted to mention that disneyauditions.com has posted another Female Disney Character Look-alikes: electronic submissions. **Deadline for submissions is February 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM EST**

eparri01 is a great example of how one can get a job by doing this type of audition!

Tags
esubmissions, interview, jobs, questions

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: