Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
spanielmom
Earning My Ears

Reunion resort or Omni at Championsgate

We are traveling to Orlando during Feb. '13 and want to stay a few days off Disney.

We would like to stay at a hotel that will allow us to book a 1 or 2 bedroom suite. I've checked out the Omni at Championsgate and got a reasonable price for $379 that includes breakfast. Then I read a review for Reunion Resorts that looked great--there's a lazy river pool that's even larger than the one at the Omni. The rates at Reunion are similar to those at the Omni.

Our plans are to go to Legoland, Universal Studios, possibly Disney (we've been a few times already!), Seaworld and perhaps the Kennedy Space Center.

We just like a nice hotel with a lazy river pool in case the weather is good. Quality onsite dining is important as well.

I'm planning on doing a search on this forum for both hotels but wanted to know if anyone had any advice for one hotel vs. the other.
Thanks!
spanielmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

you might also consider wyndham bonnet creek - the price pretty sure will be cheaper.

of your choices would go with reunion.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
legaleagal
Earning My Ears

We just stayed at the Waldorf Astoria in a 1 bedroom suite, we got a AAA rate of $370. I highly recommend the Waldorf, very nice hotel. The connecting Hilton has a lazy river.

We are at the Portofino Bay Hotel onsite at Universal currently and we are very under whelmed having just stayed at the WA!
legaleagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
deej696
They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home....There's more to it than that!

I have stayed at both Reunion and ChampionsGate. Both are fantastic resorts, but if a "hotel" atmosphere is what you prefer, then I think the edge goes to the Omni. Reunion is very spread out (you'll have to drive to the water park) and unless you're in the main building it won't feel like a hotel really at all. There are more food options at the Omni also. I did a full review of ChampionsGate just yesterday if it proves helpful

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas.
deej696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:54 AM   #5
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej696 View Post
I have stayed at both Reunion and ChampionsGate. Both are fantastic resorts, but if a "hotel" atmosphere is what you prefer, then I think the edge goes to the Omni. Reunion is very spread out (you'll have to drive to the water park) and unless you're in the main building it won't feel like a hotel really at all. There are more food options at the Omni also. I did a full review of ChampionsGate just yesterday if it proves helpful
Agree. Champions Gate is much more of a hotel-like atmosphere. Great pool, and fantastic golf courses if you like to golf.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #6
erosenst
Mouseketeer

I agree - the Omni is much more of a hotel atmosphere. We stayed at Reunion last year, but had breakfast (wonderful) at ChampionsGate a couple of times.

Reunion was very nice, and met our needs well...and we'll likely never stay there again. The area is slowly being developed, but it's pretty isolated - very few restaurants and services close. It's not terrible (probably a 10 minute drive to either the Omni or the strip where all the strip malls are), but other than the Omni, not much of that quality around. As a PP mentioned, you almost definitely will have to drive to the pool with the lazy river - it's very very spread out.

Having said that - you will likely have more room/amenities at Reunion than a suite in a hotel - full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. For a week stay, that's important to us. We had a 3 BR/3BA at reunion that was about $1800 (pretty sure - but I'm close) for a week, so less expensive for more space, but fewer services. Feel free to PM if you have questions.
erosenst is offline   Reply With Quote