Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
lanesmom6
Earning My Ears

Tell me how the Fast Pass Works? Do you use your gate ticket to get one each time?

I'm trying to figure out how we will all four keep up with our tickets all day for this. Any info appreciated.
lanesmom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
krayzmelmel
Mouseketeer

Each ticket gets put the machine separately and out pops out a little piece of paper along with the ticket with an hour long return time. The return time is posted there. Depending on the popularity of the ride is how fast the fast passes run out... For example, in soarin, test track, and toy story mania, the fast passes go very quickly, and often run out around noon. So, try to get one of those first thing. You can only get one fast pass per ticket, but it will also say what time you can get another fast pass...

Pretty complicated explanation for something quite simple... But once you get the hang of it....

Next Trip: Hopefully Tomorrow!
All my Disney experiences ~ PRICELESS :-D

krayzmelmel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

I keep everyone's tickets. This way I know where they are and since I'm the fast pass runner in our family, I just pull them out and slide each into the machine when getting the FP.
If I gave them to my kids, I'd never see them again.

ETA: To your original question, yes you slide each ticket separately into the FP machine and another little ticket comes out along with your park ticket you put in. So you are keeping up with your park tickets and FP tickets. I hope this makes sense.

VeeHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
lanesmom6
Earning My Ears

So I think I read on here that you are not allowed to have two Fast Passes at a time? Is that correct?
lanesmom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
chartle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanesmom6 View Post
So I think I read on here that you are not allowed to have two Fast Passes at a time? Is that correct?
Not exactly. At the bottom of the FP there will be a time when you can get your next FP. Which for almost all rides, it will be either when your time window starts or 2 hours after you got the FP which ever is earliest.

For some popular rides you may get a FP at 11:00 AM for return at 4:00 PM. In this situation you can get another FP at 1:00 PM.

One note, you may still read old posts here saying you can use a late FP, i.e. past its one hour widow. This is no longer the case and they are now quite strict.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: