Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 06:49 AM   #16
GMU MOM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit View Post
Doesn't the Del Sol share the same owners with the DI&S? If it were my choice, I would go with the Tropicana just for the peace of mind.
That's what i have done, i cancelled both DI&S and the Del Sol and booked Tropicana. The other hotels i would prefer are either sold out or too far but i will keep checking if something opens up.
GMU MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:40 AM   #17
flightdave82
Mouseketeer

To the OP,

I'm so sorry that happened to you! That is so disgusting. But more importantly I hope you inspected all of your suitcases so that you don't spread them to another hotel, or even worse, your own house!!!

Past Trips
2011: WDW Swan & Dolphin
2007: WDW Marriot Downtown Orlando
1994: WDW Offsite
flightdave82 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #18
ado121
DIS Veteran

so im booked there for this saturday for a week. what other hotels are around there that can sleep 6 in seperate rooms? im panicing now.
ado121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #19
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry! But why did you go to another hotel so soon?!? I guarantee you brought them with you. Of course you don't want to bring them home, it's a difficult situation - please inform the DLH that you came from a hotel room with bed bugs.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM   #20
Geemo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ado121 View Post
so im booked there for this saturday for a week. what other hotels are around there that can sleep 6 in seperate rooms? im panicing now.
Call the hotel and ask to speak with the manager. Explain your concerns.
Maybe from this conversation, you'll get a feel for how you'd be treated, if it happens to you too.

As others have said, it can happen to any hotel.

I'm sure DI&S is addressing and will resolve this bedbug situation in room 528.
However, if you feel like you need to cancel DI&S good luck finding something.

Geemo

Geemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #21
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I'm so sorry! But why did you go to another hotel so soon?!? I guarantee you brought them with you. Of course you don't want to bring them home, it's a difficult situation - please inform the DLH that you came from a hotel room with bed bugs.
This is a good point, that the DLH should be informed that the hotel that the OP came from was riddled with bedbugs, and I have a hunch that they were outright told that as soon as the OP went over there. It would have been ideal to have all luggage bagged up, with the clothes properly washed, and bagged up on their own, etc. etc. - what a way to ruin a good holiday, I feel horrible for the OP. I wonder what protocol hotels would follow if are told of this, does anyone know?

That being said, why wouldn't they go to another hotel so soon? I think the idea was to get away from the place.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:40 PM   #22
snvanvl
Earning My Ears

When you email the Del Sol you actually receive a email back from Anaheim Desert Palms Hotel & Suites which is on corner of Katella and Harbor. The Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites is by the Del Sol but I am not sure it is owned by the same people.
snvanvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
DisneyMomma81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jory29 View Post
That being said, why wouldn't they go to another hotel so soon? I think the idea was to get away from the place.
I know, but they already "had" them. Going home would be awful but taking them to another place where others will stay.... Such a sad situation. Best of luck OP.
DisneyMomma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #24
dznyfam3
Earning My Ears

Please post a review to Tripadvisor. People need to know this about that hotel. We had a bad experience with that hotel years ago and I would not recommend it to anyone.
dznyfam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
sara123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney4cam
We were just at the Desert Inn & Suites and our room was infested with bedbugs. It was disgusting! I should have taken pictures, but we were so freaked out, we just wanted to get out as quickly as possible. I doubt this was an isolated situation. There were some huge bugs (probably full of my blood, considering I have bites all over my neck, arms and legs), as well as small ones, plus old and new smears of blood on the sheets. I can't help but believe they aren't doing much about the problem.

I am kicking myself for not doing a bedbug inspection before we went to bed. We were just so tired from getting up at 3:30 am for our flight, that at 9pm when we went to bed, we all just crashed.

Okay, I know a lot of places have bugs, and I actually cancelled our PVI reservations to stay here, but I felt I needed to post. As everyone always says on here, the reaction is what counts. When my husband went down to get a refund, they let us immediately check out and gave us a refund. There was no apology or offer of another room (which I probably wouldn't have taken). My opinion is that most likely, they have a widespread problem and didn't have an alternate room to offer. Who knows.

If you feel this hotel has been fine in the past, and are still planning to stay there, my suggestion is to be vigilant about checking for bugs.
You really need to report this on Tripadvisor. I've looked and nothing has been reported. Many ppl rely on other's experiences as decision to stay @ certain hotels or not. Fellow travelers deserve to know. I'm sorry you had such a horrific experience!
sara123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
sara123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckyrabbit

Doesn't the Del Sol share the same owners with the DI&S? If it were my choice, I would go with the Tropicana just for the peace of mind.
I'm booked at the Del Sol for next week. :-\ I will be doing a thurough bed bug check. I sure hope these two hotel's management do something about this. Even though its not @ Del Sol it very well could easily happen if management doesn't bother to address the situation. Maybe the party that this happened to should post this experience on the Del Sol's tripadvisor page also. Both hotels need to be told that Tripadvisor will be notified of the experience. Also, other travel sites need to be notified. There are more, travelosity etc. I feel the hotel should be forced to take action. It sickens me that they may not do anything. ( no one has said they are for sure). This is a medical matter, not to mention, ruining these travelers vacation and blowing their budget,and the possible spread over to another site.
sara123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #27
jory29
DIS Veteran

Location: Sadly, too, too far away from DL. :( We still try to get there annually though. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomma81 View Post
I know, but they already "had" them. Going home would be awful but taking them to another place where others will stay.... Such a sad situation. Best of luck OP.
I am phobic of insects of any kind... totally know where you are coming from. At the same time I am seriously wondering... do any hotels have protocol that they follow if guests come in from a bed bug infested area? I would have asked to shower and shed clothes into a bag etc. and asked to buy new clothes from Disneyland hotel. (Or more likely from another less $$ hotel.) We would not have been able to afford it but could not fly back for $1600 plus lose entire park hoppers etc. return flights prepaid etc... Difficult situation all around and it would be good if we knew other hotels care BUT will also take precautions etc. Hopefully someone can chime in with hotel protocol. It should definitely be reported on tripadvisor but it takes a few days for trip advisor to accept a report.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 AM   #28
disneyismyheart247
Living the California and Disney Dream

That is just disgusting. I'm so sorry to hear about your bad experience! I would have complained immediately. Unacceptable.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:39 PM   #29
disney4cam
Mouseketeer

OP here. To be honest, we didn't tell DLH. I feel bad, but at the time, we weren't thinking things through. All we could think was to get out of there as quickly as possible. We did bag up clothes that we thought might have bugs, and we continually checked out stuff when we were in the hotel looking for signs that we brought any with us. We also bagged up all the other stuff, so most stuff was bagged up. Not perfect, but it was something.

As Jory said, we could not fly back home, and waste our parkhoppers. We just did out best to minimize exposure. I can't imagine any hotel would have let us check in if we told them we were exposed to bed bugs.

I will definitely report this to TripAdvisor. The whole experience was terrible, and I have a ton of bites. Luckily no one else in my family has any bites.
disney4cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #30
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

To the OP: in addition to reporting this on Trip Advisor, you could send an email to the DLH letting them know the general situation, the room you were in, and the precautions you took. I'm sure the manager and housekeeping staff would appreciate knowing so they can do a thorough check of the room (and I'm sure they won't be upset with you -- the situation was understandable). Also, if you can, photograph the bites and see your doctor to have some kind of official record, just in case this issue has to be pursued further with the DI&S or with the health department.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: