Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #16
creamypuffs
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM
Stay at the Hampton Inn (by Hilton Hotels) in Lake Wales on US Hwy 27. It is less than 10 min drive from legoland, and there is also a shuttle that runs back and forth from the hotel to the park. The Hampton Inn is relatively new. There is also a relatively new Holiday Inn Express in Lake Wales as well on Hwy 27.

Both of these will be the most convenient to your route coming from WPB, as the earlier poster said, Turnpike north to SR60 west to US27 north.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

I actually booked the Hampton Inn but the reviews aren't over the top and neither really horrid so my hubby was second guessing me and whether it would be a risk. Kept telling him it is just an overnight stay.

I will still check out the cities that other posters suggested but if nothing sparks interest, most likely will just keep the Hampton Inn.
creamypuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
Mickeypooh99
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a Hampton Inn in Davenport just 10 days ago. It was clean and very nice. The breakfast was kind of boring, but fine for 1 morning. It was called Hampton Inn Orlando Maingate South. It was about 25 minutes to get to Legoland. The only problem we had was finding it. It is JUST off I4 right behind the Denny's. The hotel is new, and our 2 year old GPS didn't have the address in it. The sign is kind of small. I am picky about hotels, and it was fine for me!

If I remember, we booked this one because the Lake Wales was too expensive. We needed to connecting rooms with a door inbetween because we had 3 kids with us (10, 11, and 14) So we were looking for a less expensive option.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 10:52 AM   #18
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamypuffs View Post
Thanks!

I actually booked the Hampton Inn but the reviews aren't over the top and neither really horrid so my hubby was second guessing me and whether it would be a risk. Kept telling him it is just an overnight stay.

I will still check out the cities that other posters suggested but if nothing sparks interest, most likely will just keep the Hampton Inn.
I would expect the reviews to be like that. Its just a standard, run-of-the-mill Hampton Inn for those overnight stays. I think it would be fine for that.
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #19
MattM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilshire View Post
Lake Wales has hotels? My husband grew up there and has taken me through town a couple of times in the past 35 years. It looked like it was sort of stuck in time from when he was a kid.

Sheila
Kind of like Clinton, TN?

**I KID**
MattM is offline   Reply With Quote