Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
LinK
Wishes do come true!!

Where to go after husband goes to bed

Ok I know that sound terrible but my husband is disabled and needs to go to bed usually by 9 but after I get him in bed i would still like to go out and do things which he is ok about. any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

DTD Marketplace will be open to 11-11:30. West side is open later and buses will pick you up at the stop next to Planet Hollywood. Jelly Rolls is a piano bar around the boardwalk. I would just take a taxi there and back. You could try the bars on the momorail loop. There is a theater in DTD and a new bowling alley place with amenities. You may not even drink...if this is your first trip you may be really tired...you can rent movies from the gift shops. You could fix a drink and hang out near the pool. If you are staying at a park resort then just go back to the park that has EMH that evening. If you do not have a Park Hopper make sure that you use that park earlier in the day--so you can just go back in the gate. If you get a Park Hopper that is one of the "perks"...if you start at MK but Epcot has EMH..then you just go there.

Where will you be staying and maybe we can help you more?

I completely understand where you are coming from--I usually go down to watch the movie ore check out other places when DH wants to stay at the resort.
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

are you staying on Disney property?

then any EMH while you are there - those are generally great for late nights

the movie selection is good too - generally around one of the swimming pools at your resort.

what do you like to do at home?

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #4
zima-cheryl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinK
Ok I know that sound terrible but my husband is disabled and needs to go to bed usually by 9 but after I get him in bed i would still like to go out and do things which he is ok about. any suggestions?
Depending on the resort there may be things to do there. Some resorts have movies at night. MK resorts you can catch the water pageant & fireworks. Others, like Riverside, have shows (Yee Haw Bob is there). Animal Kingdom offers night vision goggles for animal viewing.

When you check in be sure you get a schedule for the week. And remember you can resort hop, so see if you can find out what is going on at other resorts too.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
LinK
Wishes do come true!!

Vet trip

Well this be our 12th trip....and we are going to be staying this trip at Pop.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
ToddyLu
Welcome aboard explorers- I love Mr. Ray

Well then, I would tuck him in and jump on a bus, grab a drink and Popcorn and people watch. I would love to do that for a couple of hours without DH hovering to do something else...then I would head over to a good spot to watch the parade and fireworks at my lesiure.

I thought you might have a few trips under your belt
first trip ASMo 2002, ASMo 2003, ASMo 2004 twice, ASMo 2005, POFQ 2006, Pop 2007, Pop 12/2008 with DDP, AKV SV 10/09 with DDP, AKV SV 12/10, AKV 5/11, AKV SV 10/11, AKV 5/12, AKV 10/12, AKV 11/13, AKV 5/14, AKV 10/14, AKV 5/15, Fall 2016
My DH loves me for my points!!
ToddyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
winthropf
Mouseketeer

On Wednesday through Saturday nights, go the lounge at POP to see Yehaa Bob. I have some friends that like Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk also.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #8
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winthropf View Post
On Wednesday through Saturday nights, go the lounge at POP to see Yehaa Bob. I have some friends that like Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk also.
I think you mean POR
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #9
LinK
Wishes do come true!!

Smile People watching

I love to people watch!! Great idea
Old 01-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #10
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

We like to grab a drink and walk around CSR. There is always a conference being held there so the is always a lot of people watching. Walking around the grounds of the resort is relaxing.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Another vote for yee haa bob at port Orleans. The YHB (free)show is in the bar and you will see a mixture of people. Family's,couples and singles just enjoying this very high energy show. I believe he is there until 11p or midnight. Doesn't start until 8 or 9p. JELLYROLLS piano bar at the boardwalk is a lot of fun and doesn't really start hopping until 9pm or after($12.00). If you don't want to do JR then just hang around the boardwalk and people watch. Atlantic dance (free)on the boardwalk opens at 9m. I have stayed at pop a couple of times and don't know if they have movies at night. Susan
Poohs Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
JudyS
Disney Lover, DVC Member, and Timeshare Fan!

I have the opposite problem! My health is not so great and I often can't get up as early as DH. He amuses himself by going out for breakfast and taking walks, but there is also an electronic store in Orlando that he likes.

This brings me to my suggestion -- if you have a car, you can go shopping! Some of the outlet malls are open until 11 pm.

I'm really glad to find this thread. WDW will be closing early during our next trip (8 pm most nights for MK, 7 pm for the Studios) and we'll be off-site, so no extra magic hours. Calling it a night at 7 or 8 pm sounded discouraging. This is giving me some good ideas on evening entertainment!
JudyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
branv
The safety feature in my parents van was floor to ceiling shag carpet
If your clothes are cute enough, you can be forgiven for sensible shoes

Last year DH went for a conference to WDW, and I went with him. For the first time, I was essentially at WDW alone. Even in the evenings he was usually doing conference activitites, so I got to be quite good at entertaining myself. We were at the Beach Club, so plenty of times I walked around the BW, sat on the beach to watch the movie. My favorite, however, were evening EMH. I'd done the rides I wanted to do during the day, so in the evening I could just walk around slowly and really pay attention to the sights, sounds, people. I could spend as much time as I wanted looking at the gift shops (even though I seldom bought). Disney is so magical at night, but so often you miss things rushing to the next ride or sitting and waiting for a parade or show. This way, I just observed or did what was easy and simple. I also revisited places that I hadn't seen since my first trip because I'd remembered it as "a waste of time". But as a single, laid-back tourer, those things showed some charms I'd missed before.

I think my favorite on my single-tour was World Showcase at Epcot. I really got to check out the countries (and the people), and I could do so with a glass of champagne or a margarita in my hand

I would always choose to be with DH at WDW, but I really enjoyed those moments.
branv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #14
Irishman
Earning My Ears

I belive I am going to do the same thing next month.Heading down feb.I have never done epcot.But I heard you can "drink yourself around the world".And catch the sights.When my son and me travel we are both roller coaster junkies.( have done a few things outside of the norm).But since this time solo I think I am just chill'en..
Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #15
Onalise
Mouseketeer

When are you going, come party with us at Pleasure Island the first week of march! Going with VERY small group.
Onalise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: