Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 04:41 PM   #196
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Melody Thomas Scott TV Guide Interview

This is a great interview. She talks about Nikki's diagnosis of M.S. Some of this might be spoiler talk, so just FYI in case you don't want to know!

First the good news: She's not dying. Now the bad news: Nikki Newman, the divalicious socialite played by Melody Thomas Scott on The Young and the Restless, has been diagnosed with muscular sclerosis. The devastating development was revealed in the Feb. 14 episode of the CBS soap (geez, Happy Valentine's Day, Nik!) and TV Guide Magazine scored an exclusive chat with Thomas Scott to get more scoop. What does she really think of this plot twist?

TV Guide Magazine: MS, huh? Yikes. Please tell us this is a good idea!
Melody Thomas Scott: When people hear MS they gasp and think it's a death sentence, and the plan with this story is to educate people that it's not, that it's controllable with the proper treatment. Of course, the fans on Twitter are already thinking Nikki's gonna die what with all these mysterious symptoms she's been having. They thought it was maybe going to be cancer or something. Of course, what do I know? [Laughs] Maybe they are killing Nikki off? Hey, these things happen.

TV Guide Magazine: Is your contract up? We've been here before!
Thomas Scott: [Laughs] Hey, they tried that already and it didn't work! But, seriously, I think this could be really worthwhile, an opportunity to show the audience that MS is not the end of the world. We actually have a girl on our crew — I've said good morning to her every day for years and years — and I only just found out she has MS. She's a perfect example of people living normal lives with the disease, so that's very encouraging.

TV Guide Magazine: You've done your research?
Thomas Scott: I have to admit I knew nothing about MS, so I've been gathering the information. I'm also finally catching up with The West Wing, which I'd never watched during its original run, in order to see how they handled MS with Martin Sheen's character. What a wonderful show that was! I thought maybe I could learn a little more about the disease by watching it, but now I'm hooked!

TV Guide Magazine: Word is, Victor [Eric Braeden] finds out about the MS diagnosis from Jack [Peter Bergman], not from Nikki. What's up with that?
Thomas Scott: Yes, the *******! Jack ends up blabbing to Victor even though Nikki swore him to secrecy. Then Nikki comes home one day and, without Victor even saying a word, she can tell he knows what's going on. So then she tears over to Jack's house and yells at him.

TV Guide Magazine: Does he spill the beans out of true concern or is he using this to one-up Victor?
Thomas Scott: He claims he did it because Nikki can't be alone with this right now and needs support. But who knows? He's such a son of a b----! Then Nikki has to tell her kids. I'm not sure how many people in town will know what's going on, but Nikki's friends certainly do. The very few friends she has, that is.

TV Guide Magazine: Remember when her only pal in the world was her butler Miguel? So sad.
Thomas Scott: [Laughs] It's not a hell of a lot better now!

TV Guide Magazine: Is Victor pissed that Jack knew first?
Thomas Scott: You'd think Victor and Nikki would argue about that but it never happens. They never even discuss it!

TV Guide Magazine: Just watch. Victor will use it as ammo later.
Thomas Scott: Oh, I'm sure! But right now he's being amazingly kind to Nikki. It's so not like him to be so sweet. She's just not used to this. She doesn't know what to do!

TV Guide Magazine: Did you find out about Nikki's bad news by reading a script or did the brass sit you down and warn you about this?
Thomas Scott: I did have a sit-down meeting, a little three-way with [head writer] Josh Griffith and [executive producer] Jill Phelps. They wanted to know how I felt about the idea, and I told them I thought it was great. Josh didn't know I used to play piano on Y&R way back when, so he decided to revive that and use it to show the beginnings of Nikki's symptoms — the shaky hands, the cramping, the feeling you've got arthritis.

TV Guide Magazine: This sounds like a big fat bummer. Are you sure this is entertainment?
Thomas Scott: [Laughs] Nikki is a bummer. She's all about misfortune and tragedy and always has been. Her back problems several years ago were horribly debilitating and that led her to addiction. It's always something with her! I've think Josh is a wonderful writer and he's never given me any reason not to trust him. And I love Jill. All of those horrible stories we heard when she was hired — "Watch out, the wicked witch is coming!" — were ridiculous. I don't see any evidence of what those people were talking about. She's a doll. They've both been very good to me.

TV Guide Magazine: Would they have cancelled their plans for this MS story if you didn't want to do it?
Thomas Scott: I got the feeling that if I disliked it enough they would have changed it to something else but I didn't know enough about MS, or where this story might go, to make that decision. I just knew I'd be playing piano again. [Laughs] That's what threw me into a panic!

Look for more dish from Thomas Scott on Victor and Nikki's nuptials — airing March 18 — in TV Guide Magazine.

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
HonnyDipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:13 PM   #197
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Friday US SPOILER!!!

Sharon goes to see Adam, they get stuck together and discuss their friendship which in the end leads to a kiss. Meanwhile, Chelsea takes a pregnancy test which confirms her pregnancy
Jack finds out that Victor does not know about Nikki's illness and encourages her to tell him but Nikki wants to learn more before telling him. Phyllis interrupts, Nikki leaves. Phyllis just wants to be friends
Fen has been staying with Kevin, comes home for clothes. Kevin encourages Fen to give Michael a chance but Fen cannot forget his father arrested him. Meanwhile, Lauren gets close to Carmine - they kiss!
Nick wants to see Avery but she wants space. Dylan arrives wanting to know if they have a chance, again she asks for space but the two end up stuck together during the storm and remember their past

Next - Alex is interested in Abby ; Lauren and Carmine finally stop kissing

Aug. 2003 Off Property; Nov. 14-20, 2008-Port Orleans Riverside; Sept. 2012 Free Dining @ Art of Animation
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2013, 07:40 AM   #198
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Cane/Lily/Tyler SPOILER!!!

Cane and Lily have a romantic rendezvous planned at the GCAC for their wedding anniversary but the snowstorm keeps them apart. Cane is waiting for Lily but she never shows because she’s stranded with Tyler in her car. Cane goes to search and finds Lily’s car covered with snow. He brushes away the snow and to his surprise finds Lily in the backseat intertwined in Tyler’s arms. Cane understands they were trying to keep warm but that doesn't stop his worries from kicking in. After they are rescued, the Ashbys heads back to the hotel to celebrate but neither is in the mood. Cane is jealous but Lily thinks he’s overreacting. He then ask Lily has she ever cheated and wants to know if she slept with Daniel when they were having problems. When Lily won’t answer Cane assumes it is true. Lily tells Cane that it wasn't infidelity because they were broken up. DG is quoted saying that “when Lily had cancer, Cane was there, regardless of the lies. He has never cheated. Nevertheless, now that it’s out there in the open, they will have to figure out how to deal.

Old 02-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #199
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

SOD: Sharon/Adam/ChelC SPOILER

While hunkered down during the blizzard, Adam and Sharon give in to passion and start kissing. Before things go too far they pull back. Sharon notices her blouse is torn and needs something to wear. Adam suggests that she borrows one of Chelsea’s blouses. Chelsea shows up and sees Sharon trotting down stairs wearing her clothes. SC says Sharon feels awful. Chelsea throws her ring at Adam and leaves. Adam then suggests that he and Sharon take their relationship further. Sharon refuses and leaves. She runs into Dylan who pushes her to think about her future and she ends up returning to Adam.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:21 PM   #200
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Monday US SPOILER!!!

Fen gives Michael credit for being such a good brother to Kevin but feels Michael failed when it came to being a father. Meanwhile Lauren finally puts the brakes on things with Carmine
Sharon and Adam making out, Sharon stops things from going further. Sharon's shirt is ripped, changes. Chelsea is pissed seeing Sharon coming downstairs, doesn't tell Adam she's pregnant
Cane sees Tyler and Lily together and gets the wrong idea, he asks Lily if she ever cheated on him. Lily tells Cane it is not cheating if they were not together
Looks like Adrianna has found someone else to take advantage of Kay who she helps during the storm. Meanwhile Alex who lost his job meets Abby, the two get to know each other.
Avery and Dylan kiss, Nick interrupts but gives Avery space. Avery tells Dylan it took her a long time to move on but she has, she wants to be with Nick
Sharon feels horrible for what just happened and leaves. Sharon is driving, Dylan is too both end up swerving their cars as the episode ends.

Next- Adam asks Chelsea what she wanted to say ; Cane wants Lily to tell Tyler she's committed to her family

Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #201
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post
Fen gives Michael credit for being such a good brother to Kevin but feels Michael failed when it came to being a father. Meanwhile Lauren finally puts the brakes on things with Carmine
Sharon and Adam making out, Sharon stops things from going further. Sharon's shirt is ripped, changes. Chelsea is pissed seeing Sharon coming downstairs, doesn't tell Adam she's pregnant
Cane sees Tyler and Lily together and gets the wrong idea, he asks Lily if she ever cheated on him. Lily tells Cane it is not cheating if they were not together
Looks like Adrianna has found someone else to take advantage of Kay who she helps during the storm. Meanwhile Alex who lost his job meets Abby, the two get to know each other.
Avery and Dylan kiss, Nick interrupts but gives Avery space. Avery tells Dylan it took her a long time to move on but she has, she wants to be with Nick
Sharon feels horrible for what just happened and leaves. Sharon is driving, Dylan is too both end up swerving their cars as the episode ends.

Next- Adam asks Chelsea what she wanted to say ; Cane wants Lily to tell Tyler she's committed to her family
There is still something strange about Fen...he is soooo creepy...he is not a normal teen.....and Michael although wrong about pushing Jamie....he will turn out to be right that he is his fathers son.

Jack is wrong to tell Victor so soon...although in the soap world it could be weeks that have gone by...but if it is like the next day then he was just wrong.

Gloria is so annoying and so funny...can you imagine her over at Thanksgiving

I think Adrianna and her brother were paid by the congressman to lie for him causing an innocent man to go to prison....

I like Dylan ....but if Avery went with Dylan they would just get lost in the storyline..and with Nick it will stay front and center...

And Lauren...really...WTH is wrong with her...really!!! she is kissing another man over what happened...and a dirt bag ta boot! Michael needs to get out of being the DA...he has lost so much of his charm that I liked and he does not make me laugh anymore.....

Sharon and Adam....Adam and Chelsea....I have no idea how that will end up....mostly since the dream that Adam had. Maybe Dylan and Sharon will end up tighter...that would make for an interesting story....but Dylan seems so passive and needs a woman more like Chelsea.

I cant wait to see what the new ranch looks like

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #202
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Spoiler!!! Casting news

Looks like a bad girl is coming back to GC. Apparently news was leaked on Twitter that its Tricia Dennison. For those who don't remember, Tricia was involved with Ryan McNeil (Victoria's first husband). She murdered Ryan and was sent to a mental institution. Looks like she's getting out and heading back to GC. Victoria had better watch her back.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:11 PM   #203
Cinderumbrella
Wench

I always wondered if she would resurface some day. Good spoiler, thanks!!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 AM   #204
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Day by Day SPOILERS for Feb. 18-22

Monday February 18:

Cane urges Chelsea not to keep anything from Adam - it would hurt him if Lily did that.

Sharon and Adam put the brakes on their make-out session.

Chelsea arrives to tell Adam about the pregnancy and find Sharon there wearing her shirt.

The power outage bothers Kevin.

Lauren enjoys the kiss with Carmine but declines to get a room with him.
Lauren gives Michael the cold shoulder at home and tells him he may not be able to make things right.

Adriana finds Katherine stranded in her car on her way back to Genoa City.

Alex and Abby hit it off at The Underground.

Alex tells Noah he lost his job thanks to him and Adriana.
When Adriana returns with the money, Alex takes it, but is bitter with his sister. She wonders if Noah will forgive her.

Vikki and Billy have a flirty day of house painting.

Nick interrupts Avery and Dylan's kissfest.
Avery tells Dylan what they had is in the past.
Nick is thrilled when Avery turns up at the tack house.

Cane asks Lily if she ever cheated on him - even when they were considering divorce, with Daniel. He realizes by her response that she did.

Sharon is crying and driving when she and Dylan swerve into each other's paths.

Tuesday February 19:

Lily says to Cane, "I'm committed to our family and to you." He thinks she needs to tell Tyler that.
Cane and Lily mark their anniversary.

Tyler tells Leslie she's making too big a deal out of this. She shakes her head. "Somebody's going to figure out who we are."

Adam goes to Chelsea's suite. She has nothing to say to him. He wants to know what she came to say to him earlier that night.

Nick and Avery's romantic evening comes to a halt thanks to stunning news.

Wednesday February 20:

Cane counsels Chelsea to make up with Adam.

Someone manipulates Victor.

Thursday February 21:

Dylan's motives are scrutinized.

Katherine's choices startle Kevin and Jill.

Friday February 22:

Lauren's announcement shocks Michael.

Billy and Victoria recommit to their marriage.

Old 02-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #205
foreUT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonnyDipp View Post

Looks like a bad girl is coming back to GC. Apparently news was leaked on Twitter that its Tricia Dennison. For those who don't remember, Tricia was involved with Ryan McNeil (Victoria's first husband). She murdered Ryan and was sent to a mental institution. Looks like she's getting out and heading back to GC. Victoria had better watch her back.
Thanks for the updates, HonnyDipp! I have to wonder, though, where did they get those pictures for the cover of SID, 1980? My gosh, neither of the actors look like that on my tv! I completely understand not wanting to get older, but that is NOT what the actors look like today.
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #206
mlittig
DIS Veteran

LOL foreUT, I totally agree

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 4/17/15 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #207
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
Thanks for the updates, HonnyDipp! I have to wonder, though, where did they get those pictures for the cover of SID, 1980? My gosh, neither of the actors look like that on my tv! I completely understand not wanting to get older, but that is NOT what the actors look like today.
You gotta love the art of airbrushing!
But SOD and especially SID use old photos for their covers. I HATE IT!

Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #208
foreUT
DIS Veteran

I can understand airbrushing, but even if they put their make-up on with a trowel, there is no way that under the chin stuff and the lines around the mouth disappear. Gotta love Hollywood: the land of Make Believe!
foreUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #209
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I always wondered if she would resurface some day. Good spoiler, thanks!!!
:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlittig View Post
LOL foreUT, I totally agree
Yea right...I was looking at Nikki and was like...HMMMMM....

Thanks for the spoilers...I love spoilers

So is Lauren going to ask for a separation and move out...could that be what shocks Michael or will she tell him that she Kissed whats his face and stopped herself short of bedding him?

and I keep wondering if Alex really is/was a cop...or just saying that?

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #210
HonnyDipp
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreUT View Post
I can understand airbrushing, but even if they put their make-up on with a trowel, there is no way that under the chin stuff and the lines around the mouth disappear. Gotta love Hollywood: the land of Make Believe!
LOL! Under the chin stuff.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: