Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
yellowcrayon
Earning My Ears

DLP Newbie- some questions

Hello! I am an American studying for the year in London and am going to DLP for the 1st time this week. I am so excited to be able to check one more Park off my bucket list, but I have some last minute questions.
1. From everything I've read, it seems English is spoken by everyone working there, but I guess I just need confirmation of that? Moving to London is the 1st time I've traveled outside the States, so I'm nervous about coming off like an ignorant American, only speaking English.
2. Are the room keys like the KTTK cards in WDW, where you can easily put all your purchases on it or do I need to convert some cash to Euros? If so, is there a place to do this on property or should I do this before I leave?
3. Is there internet available in the hotels? (I'm staying at the Hotel New York)
4. I'm going to be there the 13th-16th. I'm now kind of regretting not extending an extra day to get into Paris to see it at Christmastime, which I've heard is lovely. How long are the Paris excursions from the hotel? Would you recommend trying to get into the city on such a short trip? Anyone have any pricing information for the Paris excursions?
5. Any other tidbits of information for a first timer?

I just finished up my final papers of the semester. Only 3 more days of classes separate me & Mickey!!
Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #2
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

There's Internet connection, but you have to pay for it. You can pay for purchases with card and they do offer a service with some card you can add all purchases to an pay when you leave, but I never used it. I do bring euros in cash, it's good to have some cash.
If you'd like to see Paris you might wanna try Paris evening tour. You sit in a comfy bus and take a tour around city with a 30 mins stop at Eiffel Tower.
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #3
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Unlike WDW it's not a KTTW (not sure why as its a much better system) your room key, ticket and chargecard (called an EZ pass) are all separate.

But you can charge to the EZpass so it's the same idea.

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
sky13
Mouseketeer

Hello!

I just came back and didn't have a problem language wise (my French is limited to a few words/phrases such as "bonjour", "merci", "parlez vous Anglais"). Ivfound "parlez vous Anglais" to be a very useful phrase... The vast majority of the CMs I tried to speak to spoke at least some English. The CMs also seem to try English next if they were getting blank looks from people when they spoke French (happened a couple of times to me in shops, and also saw this when they were loading people onto rides).

The only times when I had difficulty with not speaking French were: Star Tours (all the dialogue is in French so you really miss a lot!), Disney Dreams (it's half in English and half in French), Animagique (some of the dialogue is in French), and on a ride when this couple tried to speak to me in French.
sky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Paris is one of the most beautiful cities in the world (IMHO together with Rome and San Francisco), and 1 day is certainly not enough to visit it.
Do you think you'll be able to go back to Paris in the future? If so, I would recommend to focus on the park this time and save "La ville Lumiere" for another trip.
Otherwise, one day is better than nothing
From Disneyland Paris there is a train station that will bring you in the city center in 40 minutes, it's very convenient and cheap. Once in the city center the underground is everywhere and it's very easy to use it to reach all the various attractions.

The hotel has Wi-FI but it's not free. Instead in the Disney Village (a sort of DTD, but much much smaller) Starbucks and McDonald have free WI-FI for guests.
zavandor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

EoS also has free wifi.

I'd be looking to going into Paris on Saturday or Sunday as the parks will be manic.

If you are under 26 you can get an all day transport ticket called a Ticket Jeunes Week-end (good for a Sat/Sun/public holiday) which gives you unlimited access to RER/Metro/Bus in zones 1-5 for 7.60€

If you are older than that a Mobilis zone 1-5 offers the same advantage for 15,20€

It's 40 minutes from DLP to Chatelet from where you can walk to Notre Dame and so on.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: