Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
sgc1107
sgc1107

Booking help

I know booking onboard has great benefits so we're doing so in December. I read somewhere that there's a way to put in a request (I know the exact cruise I want to book) without standing in the huge line at the booking desk. How and where do I do this?

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #2
MsGrandma
Earning My Ears

When I was on the Magic last year they had little forms you could fill out at the booking desk to request a quote for the cruise you wanted. I did that and then later that night had the response on my fish hook on the cabin door. I has some questions so I did go back up to desk to talk to them but I think there was an option to call to leave your deposit info so you would not have actually had to go back in person.
MsGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #3
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

One step further-our form had a box to tick if you wanted to charge the deposit to your shipboard account.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Either complete the form that you can get at the desk (they will send a quote back to your room), or if you KNOW what you want to book, write it up in a letter in advance. This saves you needing to mess with the form.

THey will need the names, birthdates, addresses of all guests, cabin category (and requested number if there is one), date of cruise, and whether you want them to charge it to your credit card on file. In addition, don't forget the name and phone number of your TA if you use one. With the big agencies, they won't need the phone number, but it can be helpful with a smaller, local agency.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

Sorry to hijack, but was searching for some OBB information too. If we book a "dummy date", and then move it later, do they take the 10% off the date we move it to?

My accountant mind is oscillating back and forth on why this is a good idea or not for them or us.
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
Sorry to hijack, but was searching for some OBB information too. If we book a "dummy date", and then move it later, do they take the 10% off the date we move it to?

My accountant mind is oscillating back and forth on why this is a good idea or not for them or us.
Yes, the benefits of the discount on the cruise fare and the onboard credit travel with the booking to the new date. There is no downside to booking on board other than you tie up the deposit money. You can always cancel before the penalty date and get all your money back.

The question, with all the great discounts that have been available recently is whether you can get as good or better a deal. We found that our onboard booking on a day 1 reservation was just a smidge better than the *GT offer for the same date; for someone who didn't have a day one booking, the *GT would have been better. Of course, there is no way to know whether such offers will continue to be available.

And for the accountant in you--the 10% is only off the cruise fare portion of the ticket. The taxes, government fees, etc. are still charged at full price. So the exact discount depends on the category booked, but typically ranges for 7-9% of the total ticket price.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #7
sgc1107
sgc1107

Great!! Where is the OBB desk on the fantasy located?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
sgc1107
sgc1107

Anyone know?

Old 12-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Great!! Where is the OBB desk on the fantasy located?
Fantasy:Deck 4 midship, starboard side. On the Magic and Wonder, it is deck 4 midship, port side. On our Fantasy cruise, they actually had 2 desks. Part of the time there was one agent; at other times both desks were functioning.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner

Fantasy:Deck 4 midship, starboard side. On the Magic and Wonder, it is deck 4 midship, port side. On our Fantasy cruise, they actually had 2 desks. Part of the time there was one agent; at other times both desks were functioning.
Thanks!!! 26 days left!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
racingfandj
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Yes, the benefits of the discount on the cruise fare and the onboard credit travel with the booking to the new date. There is no downside to booking on board other than you tie up the deposit money. You can always cancel before the penalty date and get all your money back.

The question, with all the great discounts that have been available recently is whether you can get as good or better a deal. We found that our onboard booking on a day 1 reservation was just a smidge better than the *GT offer for the same date; for someone who didn't have a day one booking, the *GT would have been better. Of course, there is no way to know whether such offers will continue to be available.

And for the accountant in you--the 10% is only off the cruise fare portion of the ticket. The taxes, government fees, etc. are still charged at full price. So the exact discount depends on the category booked, but typically ranges for 7-9% of the total ticket price.

Thanks for the info! Next summer will be our 3rd cruise in 12 months, so will probably do a dummy booking and spread the next one out a little longer.
Disney Magic - November 2013
Disney Magic - January 2014
Disney Fantasy - June/July 2014

Anxiously Waiting for
Wonder - November 2014
Wonder - May 2015
Dream - November 2015
racingfandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #12
smile750
Mouseketeer

If it matters at all, I never found there to be a line at the future cruise booking desk. I was on the Fantasy back in August and walked by several times without seeing anyone waiting. I finally decided to go and book a dummy date the day before the end of the cruise and sure enough there was one person sitting down with the agent. I took a stroll around and came back 5 minutes later to an empty desk. He knew just what to do (booking my dummy date), looked up my current reservation which was booked by my TA and transferred the new ressie to her immediately. By the time I got off the ship, my TA had emailed me thanking me for booking again.

It's really quite simple and easy.
smile750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #13
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile750
If it matters at all, I never found there to be a line at the future cruise booking desk. I was on the Fantasy back in August and walked by several times without seeing anyone waiting. I finally decided to go and book a dummy date the day before the end of the cruise and sure enough there was one person sitting down with the agent. I took a stroll around and came back 5 minutes later to an empty desk. He knew just what to do (booking my dummy date), looked up my current reservation which was booked by my TA and transferred the new ressie to her immediately. By the time I got off the ship, my TA had emailed me thanking me for booking again.

It's really quite simple and easy.
Great!! Thanks!!

Old 12-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
sgc1107
sgc1107

However I may not be that lucky!! It's the NYE cruise so it will be packed! :-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: