Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #106
princessallie
Princess in Training

HAPPY CHIPPY!

I rewatched the video of me freaking out about the elevator thing the other day and was cracking up. We were so tired...

And tehe. INNOVENTIONS. Listened to it in the car (again) today. Life of a frump.

princessallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #107
Disneydude97
Reaching New Horizons

I know you're gonna hate me for this but...

I HATE the Figment ride.

Let me explain why. Even thought it closed before I could experience it (my first trip was in 2002, the ride closed in 1998). I find the original Journey Into Imagination to be far superior to this Imagination Institute stuff we have now.

Don't worry...Figment and the theme song ("One Little Spark") were part of the original ride. But the original ride also had Dreamfinder, Figment's best friend. Together, the two took guests through the worlds of art, literature, theater and science, because all four of these things spark the imagination.

But if you like the current ride, I'm fine with that.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #108
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessallie View Post
HAPPY CHIPPY!

I rewatched the video of me freaking out about the elevator thing the other day and was cracking up. We were so tired...

And tehe. INNOVENTIONS. Listened to it in the car (again) today. Life of a frump.
YAYYY!!

Hahaha I want to watch ALL OF THEM. P.s. Some fans want you to actually MAKE the video.

Such magical sounds.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #109
FancyNancy
Princess

I love seeing room pics for some reason and the Boardwalk Villa rooms look really nice as did your treats from the bakery! Where is the drooling smiley??

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #110
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

Thanks SO much for this update!!!!

I just realized that this TR is for July 14-22 which were almost the exact dates of MY Summer WDW Holiday,July 14-21(mainly went for the Lynyrd Skynyrd cover band),so I can somewhat "relive" that week through your TR!

Isn't The Boardwalk GREAT!?!There is now way to be BORED at The BOARD walk!

I love the teacup lamp!

That's too bad about the girl "Face-planting"-sometimes if you play,you pay!!!!

That is too funny about Choppy Stacey!I bet she was even more Frumpy in "choppy mode"!

WOW!Princessallie was really up on her Bastille Day info!Very impressive!

France looked so good that day all decked out.The France CMs told me it was a HUGE day in France(similar in impact to our Independence Day)and that they were all having a Bastille Day Party backstage that day.

I have a feeling this will not be the only update that mentions the South American Tour Groups!

They were the TALK of WDW among both Guests and Cast!

I guess next trip,you are going to start Pin Trading at Disney's Earport!
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #111
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Part of me wants to resort hop JUST to trade pins!

I wish they sold that teacup lamp! I'd totally buy it if so because I have tea almost every day.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:57 PM   #112
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

First, I love your nail, lol, I'm sure the others were just as fab! Second, I love the tea cup lamp, how cute!!! Ok, no rolling eyes here, I know it's going to be a dumb question but.....I'm trying to learn about this pin trading deal....it's peaked my interest. So, how many pins do you have total? Do you have pins that you choose not to trade? Do cast members have to trade with you? What if you try to trade with a CM and they want to trade for a pin you don't want to trade? Do you buy pins at Disney to trade?? Very interested to see how this works....maybe on my next trip!! And vinylmation is that the same as pintrading? Can't wait to read the rest of this TR and your next one
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #113
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Hi Kristen! I almost forgot that this was your WDW trip before your August trip. Didn't you go back and stay at Boardwalk for a split stay with your family in August?? Seeing your gorgeous photos of Boardwalk bring back some great memories - especially since we had the 1 bedroom villa AND I also had that strawberry cupcake from Boardwalk Bakery! (Oh so good by the way, even a day or two later!)

Your "no dancing" nail - hilarious!!! Going to Epcot is a great start to your vacation.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #114
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I love seeing room pics for some reason and the Boardwalk Villa rooms look really nice as did your treats from the bakery! Where is the drooling smiley??
They are really nice! Ah I know we need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEDWDW View Post
Thanks SO much for this update!!!!

I just realized that this TR is for July 14-22 which were almost the exact dates of MY Summer WDW Holiday,July 14-21(mainly went for the Lynyrd Skynyrd cover band),so I can somewhat "relive" that week through your TR!

Isn't The Boardwalk GREAT!?!There is now way to be BORED at The BOARD walk!

I love the teacup lamp!

That's too bad about the girl "Face-planting"-sometimes if you play,you pay!!!!

That is too funny about Choppy Stacey!I bet she was even more Frumpy in "choppy mode"!

WOW!Princessallie was really up on her Bastille Day info!Very impressive!

France looked so good that day all decked out.The France CMs told me it was a HUGE day in France(similar in impact to our Independence Day)and that they were all having a Bastille Day Party backstage that day.

I have a feeling this will not be the only update that mentions the South American Tour Groups!

They were the TALK of WDW among both Guests and Cast!

I guess next trip,you are going to start Pin Trading at Disney's Earport!
That's so funny!

Me too!

So true!

She definitely was!

The girl's a genius.

Oh definitely not!

I tried to do that in December, but I didn't see any that I liked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Part of me wants to resort hop JUST to trade pins!

I wish they sold that teacup lamp! I'd totally buy it if so because I have tea almost every day.
That would be really fun!

Me too! I would definitely buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOBSESSEDMommy View Post
First, I love your nail, lol, I'm sure the others were just as fab! Second, I love the tea cup lamp, how cute!!! Ok, no rolling eyes here, I know it's going to be a dumb question but.....I'm trying to learn about this pin trading deal....it's peaked my interest. So, how many pins do you have total? Do you have pins that you choose not to trade? Do cast members have to trade with you? What if you try to trade with a CM and they want to trade for a pin you don't want to trade? Do you buy pins at Disney to trade?? Very interested to see how this works....maybe on my next trip!! And vinylmation is that the same as pintrading? Can't wait to read the rest of this TR and your next one
Thanks! I wish I would have gotten a pic of all of them.

That's not a dumb question at all! I have a lot of pins, either ones that I've traded for or gotten on Ebay that I've kept. I don't know how many exactly, but I'd guess around 150-200. The cast members will always trade with you, and you choose both the pin that you trade for and the pin that you are trading. I usually buy my trading pins on Ebay, but sometimes I buy pins at Disney that I can't trade for that I want to collect. It's a fun hobby! Vinylmation is similar, but I'm not as familiar with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Hi Kristen! I almost forgot that this was your WDW trip before your August trip. Didn't you go back and stay at Boardwalk for a split stay with your family in August?? Seeing your gorgeous photos of Boardwalk bring back some great memories - especially since we had the 1 bedroom villa AND I also had that strawberry cupcake from Boardwalk Bakery! (Oh so good by the way, even a day or two later!)

Your "no dancing" nail - hilarious!!! Going to Epcot is a great start to your vacation.
Yeah we did! I absolutely love it there. So many great memories for sure! That cupcake was fabulous.

Thanks! Hahaha I was getting into the details for that trip.

It definitely is, especially when you can walk there!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

Old 01-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #115
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Chapter 4- Dory, Duffy, & DANG! Those Legs!

July 14th, 2012

We said goodbye to Figment and played in ImageWorks for a little bit.

Then we decided to go visit Nemo & Friends!

On the way, we saw this guy walking around in some very tiny shorts. It was...interesting.

Of course, we HAD to do The Creep!

DORY! She's my fave.

I love when I can get The Seas and Spaceship Earth in the same shot. (:

I also love all of the sea plants outside. So much great theming.

We said hello to Nemo, Dory and the gang, and we experienced the awesome coolness and darkness of the Nemo queue. We also went up to the viewing aquariums upstairs for a little while. Unfortunately, I did not see our Frogfish Friend, so we peaced out after a few. Then we headed back to Innoventions Plaza.

Did you know that flower is called a Bird of Paradise flower? Uhuh. Yup.

I'm actually really terrified of birds, but as long as these flowers don't start flappin' their crazy wings, it's all good.

We decided to go on Spaceship Earth next, because we were both really in the mood to watch Rome burn.

EPCOT junkies!

Ew. Taxes.

Please excuse Allie's face in the following photos. We were going for Jenna Marbles' "The Face," and I think she just looks like she's gonna sneeze.

Gotta love her.

Once our future was created for us, (Isn't technology awesome? One less thing to worry about! AND I get a flying car. SCORE!) we headed to the Future World pin kiosk, where we traded pins and bought some too. Allie traded for a Dancing People pin! EPIC SCORE! I bought a Chip & Dale Haunted Mansion pin and a couple resort pins, and Allie bought a Tower of Terror pin.

Anyway...

Next up, we went to Mouse Gear where Al bought a Dole Whip shirt!

We also saw a whole WALL of pillow pets.

SO. MUCH. COMFY.

Family photo:

Just driving Mouse Gear, no big deal:

From there, it was time to head to World Showcase!

There were Phineas & Ferb topiaries behind the Fountain of Nations, so we just had to get a picture!

I know some people were kind of annoyed with those, but I love them!

Allie and I did notice that there was something lacking in the walk from Future World to World Showcase, and we realized that it was the "whoosh" sound of the cars going around on Test Track, because it was still under reno. Thank God it's back in 2.0 form! SO. AWESOME.

We started out on the Mexico side of things, but we saw that Duffy was out with basically no line, so we had to stop by and say hello!

He was so cute! He spent so much time with us and wrote "XO" in Allie's autograph book. He was also miming that he wanted to color with her Sharpie, and when the character attendant said no, he threw the Sharpie at her. It was PRECIOUS. Even Duffy's tantrums are adorable.

So adorable. He was so cuddly! I loved him!

Coming up, we're reunited with our spirit rides!

Stay tuned!

Continued in Next Post

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Last edited by Disneyfreak616; 01-23-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #116
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY have a princess face. If you auditioned and they didn't cast you I would be shocked.

I had such bad luck with pin trading on my trip! SO many of the CMs had the same exact generic pins! It was disappointing However, I had good luck with Vinylmation trading and am now addicted.

Ahhh I wanted that Strawberry Cupcake so bad on my trip, but I think it's seasonal! Hopefully I'll get to try it when I visit Jess.

I agree, the international gateway is the best thing ever. I didn't even know about it until like...my 5th Disney trip or something and when I finally went through it I was like OMG WE'RE IN THE BACK OF EPCOT.

BOO for no Frogfish sighting! :'(

OMG that reminds me they sell Disney pillow pets at Halmark now!! THEY HAD A WOODY ONE. I have to go back and buy that.

Duffy <3
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:23 PM   #117
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY have a princess face. If you auditioned and they didn't cast you I would be shocked.

I had such bad luck with pin trading on my trip! SO many of the CMs had the same exact generic pins! It was disappointing However, I had good luck with Vinylmation trading and am now addicted.

Ahhh I wanted that Strawberry Cupcake so bad on my trip, but I think it's seasonal! Hopefully I'll get to try it when I visit Jess.

Awww Lia that COMPLETELY made my day. You are so sweet! I would be so nervous to audition but if I actually got something that would be a dream come true! Thanks for being an angel.

It's true! I usually have pretty good luck with finding some gems, so hopefully you will next time! I LOVE Vinylmations now. They're so fun. I'm not as into them as I am with pin trading, but it's all just SO FUN.

It's sooo good! Hopefully you can get it next time! When are you thinking of going?

I agree, the international gateway is the best thing ever. I didn't even know about it until like...my 5th Disney trip or something and when I finally went through it I was like OMG WE'RE IN THE BACK OF EPCOT.

BOO for no Frogfish sighting! :'(

OMG that reminds me they sell Disney pillow pets at Halmark now!! THEY HAD A WOODY ONE. I have to go back and buy that.

Duffy <3
It's my favorite thing. On my first trip with Jess we were obsessed with it, and since then I can't get over the perfection of it all.

Sadness. ):

Ahh really!? That's awesome! I was there Monday and didn't see any...hmm. Actually, Allie got me a Kermit one for Christmas, which was like the best present EVER, so I was pretty stoked. KERMIE.

He's adorable. I love him.

WDW Commando #141

Completed Trip Reports:

Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #118
FancyNancy
Princess

We love Phineas and Ferb at my house. I hope the topiary's are still up for the Flower and Garden Festival!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #119
WEDWDW
DIS Veteran

I don't know which picture is funnier(is that a word?)-"Dude in short shorts" or "princessallie face" on SE!!!!

I'll go with "Dude in short shorts" since that was a creeper pic-those are always the best.

When isn't it a good time to watch Rome burn!?!

I am going to take a wild guess and say your least fav attraction at WDW is "Flights of Wonder"!

Thanks again for all the time you put into your TRs!

I had a ROUGH, and I mean R-O-U-G-H day and it is so wonderful to be able to come here to The DIS and read fun TRs like yours and cruise the TPAS Board and escape reality for a while since we all can't LIVE AT THE WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT like 508!!!!

Keep up the great TRing!It is appreciated
WEDWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #120
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy
Earning My Ears

Lmao!! The tiny shorts and shiny legs....too funny! Thanks for the info on pin trading....I may have to do this on the next trip, I think my kiddos would love it!! I just leaned of the International Gateway on our last trip....trying to find the restrooms, lol!
DisneyOBSESSEDMommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: