Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #301
luckylady
DIS Veteran

Cool room. Thanks for the pictures of the LM section.
Me Luckylady (53) DH (60) DS#1 (33)DD (25) and the "baby" DS#2 (23)
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #302
jstarsho
Earning My Ears

WOW!! I love the room! Disney has the best hotel room ever! I've never been disappointed in how a room has been decorated. So many awesome details, how ever did you sleep?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #303
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
tired of Stacey? WHAT??? who says that!!!
Losers say that. I don’t understand how on earth you could be tired of Stacey. IDIOTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
That particular picture of the pool reminds me of All Star Sports (yes that one time I stayed somewhere else besides OKW) just one HUGE pool.

I stayed at All Star Movies a few years back—but that is another story for another time…—and I went into the pool and it was wall to wall people. I HATE the value pools.

I'll join in the sing-a-long!

I'll sing anywhere. Anytime.
I would like to start a sing-a-long on one of the buses one day.

THAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN ON THE TWIN TRIP.

People pls. Stop complaining. I'm pretty sure my other people didn't even complain about our walk from our room to the Hospitality house / main pool. Probably an equal walk BUT EVERYTHING IS SO PRETTY SO SHUT UP.

EXACTLY. Like, even though I was limping, I liked walking to our room and seeing everything.

Comforter. Too cute omg. I feel like these rooms are designed aesthetically for 5 year olds. PEEEEEEERFECTTTTTTTT

It's like my room.

Well you do have the best comforter EVER so, yeah.

LOL THE MIRROR SHOT

I’m attractive, I know.

YAY DTD (NOT Disney Springs...btw)
DTD>>>>>>>>>DS

End of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
Cool room. Thanks for the pictures of the LM section.
I know, I loved our room!
No problem (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstarsho View Post
WOW!! I love the room! Disney has the best hotel room ever! I've never been disappointed in how a room has been decorated. So many awesome details, how ever did you sleep?
I did too!!!!
Like I said, I LOVE Disney Details and this room had so many of them! IT WAS AWESOME.
Hahaha I slept because I was EXHAUSTED.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #304
LifeIsDis

Eating and shopping at the place THAT IS NOT DISNEY SPRINGS - part 1

We left our room and headed down to Animation Hall.

The view from our door.

I am pretty sure we headed back down at about 5:45 because that is when the PIN BOARD was scheduled to come out at. They have two times a day they have it out. The other time is like 11 am, I think.

It was out when we got there and I got a survey marker pin! Too awesome.

More of the lobby.

The beautiful Christmas tree and some CMs.

We then headed to the bus stop and a Downtown Disney bus was JUST pulling up.

And we were like five miles away.

I did NOT want to wait for another one so I fast limped—kind of like fast walking but I was limping, so yeah—all the way down to it and THANK GOD we made it because if we hadn’t of, there would’ve been serious problems. Just sayin’.

We had a lovely (not really) drive to Downtown Disney and we got off at the Marketplace.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

First, we headed into the Days of Christmas shop and looked around.

Random picture I took of a 2013 antenna topper. They actually had a lot of 2013 merch out at this point.

STOP THE CUTENESS.

I got this ornament that night because let’s be real. THAT IS MOI.

I NEED TO DO THIS because I am five.

In here, I also got a Minnie stuffed animal for Mum because she really liked it. She saw it in a couple of stores and I decided to buy it for her cause I am so nice.

I got in line to pay for my things and waited for about 10 minutes.

Until a CM came up to moi and asked if I was getting something personalized and I of course said no.

“Well you are in the wrong line.”

OF COURSE I WAS.

And it’s not like there was a big sign that said PERSONALIZATION or anything…

And I am an honors student.

Anyways…

I found the right line and waited almost 10 more minutes.

Cute wreath behind the RIGHT registers.

I finally paid for my things and we headed out.

CMs were singing Christmas carols outside. I WANT YOUR JOB.

We then went into the Art of Disney store because I like to cry over all the stuff I can’t have.

ME WANT.

ME WANT.

ME WANT.

ME WANT.

Tears were shed because I don’t have unlimited amounts of money to buy all of that awesome stuff.

Some day when I am the next Bob Iger…

I also pin traded for the five legged goat pin from a CM that I had been looking everywhere for!!! She told me she was SO happy to get rid of that one and asked where it was from. Ummm… you are a CM. GIVE ME A BREAK.
And it turns out Mrs. Claus put the same exact pin in my stocking for Christmas. She was mad I got it that night. Oh well. ONE MORE TO TRADE IN AUGUST.

We checked out the Fun Finds store next and didn’t find anything.

Then I was hungry so we went to Wolfgang Puck Express. YUMMY FOOD.

I told Mum what I wanted so she got in line with Mimi while I found a table and rested my leg. Now this was the point in the trip where I felt like my leg was going to just fall off because it hurt so bad. I was limping everywhere I went and that has never happened to me before. Yes, my feet have hurt really bad because of the amount of walking but not THAT BAD. You guys should’ve seen moi. I don’t know if it was because of my sneakers or what. I was in such pain it was ridiculous. The next day I wore flip flops and that helped a little. It hurt to walk and all I wanted was an ECV to ride around the parks. And run people over of course.
And the limping lasted for about a week after the trip. I was worried about not making it to class when I went back to school. It KILLED to go up and down the stairs. And gym was a lot of fun…

You guys are probably sick of my complaining, so let’s get onto the meal!

CHRISTMAS!

I noticed all of these awesome pictures on the wall of Disney and food. Two of my FAVORITE things.

True stuff.

Mum and Mimi cake back with our number and our food came out shortly after.

I got the margherita pizza which was SO good. I shared some with Mum and she gave me some of her mac and cheese which was perfect, as always.

After I finished eating, I took some advil which barely helped. I also loosened my sneakers so they wouldn’t be as tight.

But like that was going to stop moi.

IT WAS TIME TO SHOP!

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 04-20-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #305
melmar136
DIS Veteran

Much better update than the last one, where you compared me to Ursula!

I could go for some of that mac && cheese now. Well, later, cause it's only 8am now.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #306
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post

I could go for some of that mac && cheese now. Well, later, cause it's only 8am now.
LOL Busted!!I used to buy my mom n tell her she had Bart simpson hair in the morning,oh boy I wonder what craziness my daughters will come out with about me EEk

Old 04-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #307
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

BUY MY MOM???WHAT???? that should say BUG I meant BUG not buy ugh lol

Old 04-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #308
leopardmickeyears
The Lost Princess

ugh but that view from your room is so pretty

"She told me she was SO happy to get rid of that one and asked where it was from. Ummm… you are a CM. GIVE ME A BREAK."

LOLOLOLOL
Mom and I were just reminiscing (we do that A LOT) about my other people and our trip and she called said goat a lamb...no mom. 5. Legged. Goat.

That random sentence was actually a lot funnier if you were there for the conversation I swear.

Um sorry I would not allow you to ride a ECV.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #309
LifeIsDis

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmar136 View Post

Oh Mum, you are so welcome! I know I am awesome.
Well now it is LUNCH TIME SO MAKE ME FOOD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
LOL Busted!!I used to buy my mom n tell her she had Bart simpson hair in the morning,oh boy I wonder what craziness my daughters will come out with about me EEk
Yeah, well… I get caught all the time (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopardmickeyears View Post
ugh but that view from your room is so pretty

I KNOW.

"She told me she was SO happy to get rid of that one and asked where it was from. Ummm… you are a CM. GIVE ME A BREAK."

LOLOLOLOL
Mom and I were just reminiscing (we do that A LOT) about my other people and our trip and she called said goat a lamb...no mom. 5. Legged. Goat.

That random sentence was actually a lot funnier if you were there for the conversation I swear.

Yeah no. IT IS A GOAT.

Um sorry I would not allow you to ride a ECV.
I know, BUT MY LEGS HURT SO BAD. I would just want it to run Stupid Guests over.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #310
LifeIsDis

Disney on Ice: WORLDS OF FANTASY! part 1

Some real life updates comin’ atcha here! Actually, there are going to be several real life updates over the next week. EXCITING STUFF HAPPENING PEOPLE. Yesterday was Disney themed and all of next weekend IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. Seriously, I don’t know what is better than spending a whole weekend with a bunch of Disney peeps also known as my people. FINALLY. PEOPLE THAT UNDERSTAND. But we will get more into that later…

For now, we have five zillion pictures (literally) of DISNEY ON ICE: WORLDS OF FANTASY.

Yes, yes, yes. That is what we spent our Saturday doing because let’s be real now. WHY WOULDN’T WE?! So yeah.

Exciting stuff, friends, or shall I saw parents, twins, sistahs, brothahs, and lurkahs.

Sorry. Getting a little carried away with the Boston accent.

BUT I SHOULD BECAUSE WE RAWK.

Back to Disney on Ice.

Soooooooo, we got up, got ready, did some errands, I lost a bet to Mum and I have to owe her five bucks… ya know. What normal people do on Saturdays.

Disney on Ice: WORLDS OF FANTASY was happenin’ in Springfield aka not such a great city, but whatevs. I didn’t even know they had an arena there. Well they do! And that’s where we were headin’.

But we had some friends to meet up with that were coming with us, first.

Everyone, say hi to Sara and CJ. (I think you can tell which one is which. Hopefully…). They are friends of ours and we invited them to come with us. AND DON’T WORRY. THEY AREN’T LIKE THOSE IDIOTS WE WENT ON VACATION WITH.

We were meeting them at a grocery store but we arrived like 45 minutes early (SHOCKER), so we got a snack inside, which consisted of donuts, ice tea for moi, and diet coke for Mum. We are very healthy people as you can see.

This was the real fact from my Snapple. You’re welcome.

Since we got there so early, we waited around for a little bit while I took ridiculous pictures. And speaking of pictures, ALLLLLL OF THESE ARE FROM MY BRAND SPANKIN’ NEW DSLR.

We’re cute.

Sara called us a little before two saying they got to the grocery store so we hopped in her car and drove off into the sunset…

I don’t even know. Don’t ask.

Anyways, we got to the Mass Mutual Centah in like 15-20 minutes and it was really easy to find.

Then we saw all of the fake merchandise outside random hobos sell and of course, CJ wanted the bubble machine. Can’t really blame the kid.

We found parking in a garage and the dude collecting the money asked if we wanted VIP parking. Since Mum and I are VIPs and all, we got to park for free.

That is a lie but there seriously was VIP parking. It was like two extra bucks and it was so you could park closer and on the first level, so we did. And then CJ started saying “We’re VIP!” over and over again and it was like the cutest thing ever. I say that ALL THE TIME. It isn’t as cute when I say it though.

We headed across the street to the arena I never knew was there and got our bags and tickets checked, etc.

THEN I SAW ALL OF THE AWESOME AND EXPENSIVE MERCH AND I GOT EXCITED CAUSE I AM FIVE.

JUST LOOK.

Expensive, but AWESOME.

We checked out the merch for a few and then went to go find our seats. We were in section 26, rows b and c, seats 14 and 15.

I don’t know why I included that, but WHATEVER I DON’T CARE.

Sara and CJ were sitting right behind us. We got their tickets after ours and it worked out perfectly!

Pretty soon, they did the 5 minute countdown, and if you know Disney time, that five minutes lasts like, FOREVER. Literally.

But the show started semi-quickly and then I flipped out. Since I am five.

I was like, “OMG IT IS MICKEY AND MINNIE AND OMG.” Really. That is what I was like.

Soooo, if you haven’t seen the show, this is going to be like one big spoiler so yeah. But with all of the, um, 500+ pictures I took, it is going to make you feel like you are there. Hopefully… But don’t worry. I am NOT going to make you look at that many pictures. I only picked out the best shots I took so I wouldn’t go over the 25 photo limit. How ridiculous…

So Minnie and Minnie came driving out in a car which was like the cutest thing EVER. Then their car broke down, Goofy and Donald came out to help them… then Mater came out to fix it. That is basically what went down. And if you are wondering, WORLDS OF FANTASY has Cars, The Little Mermaid, the Fairies, and Toy Story. So basically, it is good for dudes and dudettes. And I mean, CJ LOVED tink and her fairy friends. He was basically staring at her the whole time. So if you are debating taking your dude son to WORLDS OF FANTASY, don’t worry! He will love the whole show.

So here are some pictures for your enjoyment. You’re welcome.

If that stupid hand wasn’t there… GRRRRRR.

I am dying.

STOPT IT MINNIE YOU ARE TOO PERFECT.

Then Mater came out and HOLY CRAP IT WAS SO CRAPPIN’ COOL. I mean, the Cars part wasn’t very long, but it was amazing watching all of the cars zoomin’ around the ice.

KA CHOW!

Cars only lasted about 10 minutes, really. Then Mickey and the gang came back out again and The Little Mermaid was up next. Or should I say The Little Merman…

THE BACKSIDE OF MY LOVE.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #311
LifeIsDis

Disney on Ice: WORLDS OF FANTASY! part 2

So after Mickey and the gang came out, these peeps came out with like these…I don’t even know what to call them. Like, blanket things? Who knows?! But they were sea-like. So yeah. JUST ENJOY THE PICTURES OK.

The sea-like blanket things people.

I swear to god Sebastian was a girl. And Ariel was a man…

Here he…I mean she comes.

THEN CAME THE BUBBLES AND I TURNED INTO A FIVE YEAR OLD AND CJ FLIPPED OUT AND SO DID I.

UNDAH DA SEA!

Hey. She looks familiar… I LOVE YOU MUM. ♥

PLEASE TELL ME THAT IS NOT A MAN. I MEAN COME ON PEOPLE. SERIOUSLY.

Ariel is like “OH PLEASE GOD. DON’T LET ME BE A MAN.”

The Little Merman.

I have no clue why Er—I mean Big Nose finds The Little Merman attractive. SHE IS A MAN.

JUST LOOK AT HIS NOSE AND HER MANLY FACE.

That nose is HUGE.

BYE BIG NOSE AND THE LITTLE MERMAN! and Flounder because you are normal.

FINALLY NORMAL PEOPLE, I mean MICE.

Stop it.

Next up was the Fairies. I was so not excited about this. AT ALL. It was just plain stupid and I had no clue what was going on the whole time. Fun, right?!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #312
LifeIsDis

Disney on Ice: WORLDS OF FANTASY! part 3

So like I just said, the Fairies were up next. I am not familiar with Tink and all of her fairy pals AT ALL. I have seen like one of the movies for all of two minutes when it was on TV, but other than that, I know nothing about them. They must be popular when Disney makes a whole week about them for Limited Time Magic.

Oh wait.

Disney does stupid things for Limited Time Magic so they must not be that great….

I’m sorry to anyone who likes the fairies and can keep track of their names. They’re just not for moi. Never have been, probably never will. I mean, Tink is fine since she was the original and everyone knows her, but come on. All of the other fairies are just stupid. It is just a way for Disney to make more money. Let’s be real now.

Before I start really offending anybody, LET’S MOVE ON.

At least Tink looked like a girl…

They introduced all of “the other fairies” at the beginning BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS THEIR NAMES. Just sayin’.

The pink fairy.

Tink is like “I am better than all of you.”

First of all, WHO IS THAT PRINCESS WOMAN, and second of all, that is the blue fairy. True stuff.

That orange fairy is doing some ice skatin’ move and Tink is like “Oh that is so nice. I am just better than all of you and I don’t want to injure myself or anything.”

Some fight happened between Tink and that bad fairy person and yeah.

Then all of a sudden Terrace…

Terrance.

I DON’T KNOW HIS CRAPPIN’ NAME. IT IS SOMETHING LIKE THAT. WHO REALLY CARES. NOT MOI.

So yeah. The brown dude fairy came out and it seemed like Tink had a thing for him. I don’t know if that happens in the movie, but she really liked him. I don’t know if he liked her because Tink just complained about her life, as seen in the picture below. She is like whining and complaining like “OMG I HAVE SUCH AN AWFUL LIFE.”

They threw pixie dust around like every five minutes WHICH WAS COOL BEANS.

I have to say, I LOVE THIS PICTURE.

Tink’s face>>>>>>

The finale with a bunch of flowers. How pretty…

Then Tink came out of nowhere and flew because she is a fairy and all.

Faith, trust, and PIXIE DUST!

Mickey and the gang then came out for some reason and Minnie looked so cute in her little dress. She has the best outfits. Seriously.

GOODBYE.

Then it was intermission.

I was hungry and I really wanted food so I headed up to the merch and food stands to check things out and get some really expensive food.

Really creepy Jessie snow cone.

TOYS.

I went up to a food stand and got some popcorn. It was SEVEN BUCKS. But I would except nothing less. It is Disney on Ice for cryin’ out loud. EVERYTHING IS EXPENSIVE.

I brought the popcorn back to our seats and we all shared it.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #313
LifeIsDis

Disney on Ice: WORLDS OF FANTASY! part 4

My seven dollah popcorn came in a really cute box with two of BFFs on it.

HOW CUTE IS THAT?!

We chowed down on the popcorn and then they made the 3 minute warning announcement so everyone could get back to their seats and such.

I was wondering if it was just going to be like Toy Story 1. It turned out to be Toy Story 3, which was totally fine with moi!

The Gang introduced them of course.

Then Andy came out and did this whole skating routine with his toy pals (in stuffed animal form), which I do not recall happening in the movie. That is like when Mum and I are in the toy aisle—yes I like to look at toys cause I am five—in like Target and I see Belle in doll form as a ballerina. Like, yeah she danced in the movie but I do not recall her being a ballerina. They do that all the time with those dolls. LIKE NO.

Moving on…

I think this is stuffed animal abuse. Just sayin’.

Then the green army men did this GIANT dance routine which lasted for like 20 minutes. It was really cool, but it was getting kinda old after a few.

That is just scary.

After the army dance routine that never happened in the movie, all of my toy pals came out.

EVIL DR. PORKCHOP!!!!!!!!

Perfection.

THIS PICTURE CRACKS ME UP SO BAD. That kid in the far left is holding onto his dad’s arm for dear life and the girl in the pink behind the grandma is so scared and IT IS SO FUNNY OMG.

BARBIE!

Woody and his plastic hair.

Then all of a sudden the toys magically wound up at Sunnyside.

I don’t know what the crap is going on with Rex and Woody.
BUT LOOK AT LOTSO!

Then Ken came out and it was just so perfect oh my god.

THEN WOODY WAS LIKE “SEE YA!”

And then THE KIDS FROM THE CATERPILLAR ROOM CAME OUT AND IT WAS LIKE ONE OF THE SCARIEST THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN. JUST LOOK AT THEM.

Hamm was scared. I was too.

Last edited by LifeIsDis; 04-22-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #314
LifeIsDis

Disney on Ice: WORLDS OF FANTASY! part 5

PART 2 OF TOY STORY BECAUSE I HAVE PROBLEMS AND TOOK WAY TOO MANY PICTURES.

Seriously, I took over 250 pictures during the Toy Story part cause I am ridiculous.

#DSLRproblems

Seriously.

So let’s get back to photos, shall we?!

This is a really bad pic, but I have to post it because it reminded me of the whole “ANDY’S COMING!” thing. Like, JUST STOP PEOPLE.

Buzz had to help Mr. Potato Head put all of his pieces back on because of the scary children in the Caterpillar Room. HOW RUDE.

Buzz to the Octopus: “Does this space suit make my butt look big?”

OMG KEN STOP HURTING BUZZ!

“Ken, will you try on some outfits for me?”

So “Ken” came out in like five different outfits. You could so tell it wasn’t the same Ken. Like one was 50 pounds heavier and 50 pounds lighter than the “real” Ken.

Michael Jackson?

Barbie got the key from Ken, let everyone out, and then it was TIME TO TAKE DOWN THAT STRAWBERRY SCENTED BEAR!

Setting the reset button…

I have no clue what was going on but Woody was doing a guitar solo all of a sudden. YEE HAW!

OH NO!!!!

BYE LOTSO! AND YOU CAN SEE THE LITTLE GREEN MEN THAT CAME OUT BUT MORE ON THEM IN A MINUTE.

I need that pig ASAP.

Semi-bad pic but I had to post it. THAT IS GOING TO GIVE ME NIGHTMARES. Like, I thought a midget was going to be inside. That is disappointing.

But then they kneeled down of the sides so it would look like they were midgets. Still scary.

BYE MY FRIENDSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that was the end!

It was an awesome show. I REALLY enjoyed the Toy Story part and it was so cute. And it was a good excuse for me to act like a five year old. And I GOT TO USE MY NEW CAMERA so YEAH.

If you are thinking about going to this show, I would recommend it! Like I said, it was great for both dudes and dudettes and they would have a great time. You might come out broke from buying them everything BUT WHO CARES! YOLO!

We all had a great time and CJ enjoyed it so much. He LOVES Cars and Toy Story so it was great for him. And moi too, of course.

After the show, we had a lovely meal at On the Border—no food pics, SORRY—and I basically exploded from the amount of food I ate. BUT IT WAS SO CRAPPIN’ GOOD. NOMS.

All in all, we had a great Saturday (:

NOW I CAN’T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:26 PM   #315
melmar136
DIS Veteran

ok, so first of all...FIVE updates on Disney on Ice? Just because of all the pictures you took?!? I can't even imagine how many you are going to take in August.

Second, you are kind of mean there to Ariel and Eric. just sayin.

Third, the whole fairy thing was kind of boring. Although, I think CJ really liked Tink. He kept waving at her.

Good pics Meg. We had a fun day...now, don't forget that $5 you owe me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: