Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Urgent help needed - medical care near mco

My dd28 and her friend went to WDW for 3 days - left Wednesday and was supposed to return tonight. Both girls have Neurocardiogenic Syncope with POTS and my dd has a few other issues as well. After getting off of Magical Express my dd's friend passed out (which is quite common with their condition). MCO won't let her fly without a letter from a dr. They are unable to reach their Cardiologist because he is at a conference and her family dr sent the letter but said she needs to see a dr there before flying. They have been at MCO for 4.5 hours while they try to find an open ER or Urgent Care that can see her - they do not have transportation. Any ideas?
WantToGoNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow
My dd28 and her friend went to WDW for 3 days - left Wednesday and was supposed to return tonight. Both girls have Neurocardiogenic Syncope with POTS and my dd has a few other issues as well. After getting off of Magical Express my dd's friend passed out (which is quite common with their condition). MCO won't let her fly without a letter from a dr. They are unable to reach their Cardiologist because he is at a conference and her family dr sent the letter but said she needs to see a dr there before flying. They have been at MCO for 4.5 hours while they try to find an open ER or Urgent Care that can see her - they do not have transportation. Any ideas?
The airport use to have one but I think it closed did they offer to take then to the hospital. When she passed out then she could of gotten a letter and been okay to fly.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
disney david is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #3
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

They already missed their flight. The airport did not offer transportation - I told her to go ask to be transported to the Orlando Regional Heath Center which is 12 miles away or to take a taxi. MCO did put them on a direct flight tomorrow afternoon at no additional charge IF they can come up with this letter to clear her to fly.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToGoNow
They already missed their flight. The airport did not offer transportation - I told her to go ask to be transported to the Orlando Regional Heath Center which is 12 miles away or to take a taxi. MCO did put them on a direct flight tomorrow afternoon at no additional charge IF they can come up with this letter to clear her to fly.
So when she passed out no one called for an ambulance they would of took them to the hospital and provided them with medical care. Now they most likely will just offer them a taxi. the ambulance would have given them quicker service. Hope their be okay and get on their flight.

Old 11-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Dd just called. They are being taken to the Best Western at the airport for the night and they were given vouchers for a taxi to/from Urgent Care in the morning. Hopefully her friend will be well enough tomorrow to get that clearance from the Urgent Care dr and be able to make that flight tomorrow.

I have no idea if MCO offered an ambulance to the hospital but I imagine they did and it was declined. I know when she blacked out on Space Mountain last night during the MVMCP they tried to get them to go to the hospital twice but again they declined. That's just how this illness works - theres nothing the ER can do for them that time won't. It's just a fluctuation in the blood pressure/heart rate that makes them go out. They just have to sleep it off.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
disney david
DIS Veteran

http://centracare.org/locations/

http://carespot.com/orlando

it sounds like they found one and glad it working out so far and hope for the best. i meant ambulance would just cut down on the wait if they went to the hospital er but the urgent care would be better.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: