Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Planning for 2013 Princess 1/2 marathon trip

Hi everyone,

My friend and I are planning on running Princess Half marathon in 2013...my friend will be turning 40 and we wanted to celebrate her milestone in style. We'd like to start planning for the trip early so we can save up the money.
My question is, how much should we plan on spending? Disney website says there are "special prices" for tickets or hotel rooms, etc, but it doesn't really say around how much.
We were thinking about arriving on Saturday, stay (in a value Disney resort) till Tuesday and go to the parks on Sunday after our run and Monday.
Can anyone give me an idea of how much you spent for the weekend in the past?
This will help us get a head start on our trip...Thank you!
Barefoot Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
schultzywi
Earning My Ears

Doing First Half Marathon in 2012

My cousin and I are planning our first trip for the princess half marathon for 2012 (actually doing the royal family 5K) as I have a goal of running a 5K before I turn 40 next year. I'm hoping to do the half marathon in 2013. I had the same problem, none of the rates were posed online, so I just had to call. I just booked my reservations yesterday. We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for 3 nights, Thursday through Sunday, and our total is 594.78 with taxes and fees (they didn't break down the nightly rate). If we were to have booked the same nights online, the cost would have been $734 plus taxes and fees, so I think the room discount is around 20 - 25% off.

The tickets are a great discount though. We are doing a 3-day hopper, which is around $170, more than $100 off . The 2-day hopper is around $130 and the 4-day is around $205.
schultzywi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
bellanotte10

I'm gonna go snag some!
I felt like the worlds most awkward ninja

I"m doing the 2013 half too! I hope to get more information. I really want to get a good deal on rooms because it looks to be at an expensive time!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
com_op_2000
DVC Member since '93

Check out this for some Disney Princess inspiration:
http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beaut...#photoViewer=1
Old 10-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
tpimental
Mouseketeer

I just found this post through a google search and wanted to post since we are now planning to go back to Disney in Feb 2013 and I want to do the Princess Half! So excited.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
aggielawyer
DIS Veteran

I wonder if there is a thread on the fitness board about the 2013 Half. My SIL has started running this year, and when she found out Disney did runs she called me. I have told her that I couldn't do the 2012 Half, but I will do the 2013. I need to get started...I am a total couch potato!

Anyway, just wanted to throw my hat into the ring too!

BC 2/12 * Pop 2/11 * Pop 9/09 * BC 12/08 * BC 12/99

aggielawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Barefoot Princess
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much for all the info!! That was so helpful Thank you schultzwi for the detailed info - now we have a better idea of our savings goal.

aggielawyer>I didn't know there was fitness board...must check it out!
I just started running last year, and then injured my knee and had to start up again after physical therapy & chiropractor visits earlier this year. I was never an athlete (one of the last kids to be picked in gym class), and I was so self concious about running since I can't run very fast. But I've been doing it slowly, and with lots of encouragements from friends and family! If I can do it, you can do it too! And if helped that I run with other women in the same boat - we all started in the last couple of years, never been a runner, and just decided to do this for our health. We focus on personal achievements rather than time.

I found out about Princess 1/2 Marathon and had to talk to my friend to do it...she's been wanting do do something special for her 40th, and we're both big Disney fans!

As I find out more I'll post here...

Good luck to you all!

Last edited by Barefoot Princess; 11-11-2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: hit the wrong key and it posted it
Barefoot Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #8
PMDR59
Wenchy....and proud of it!!!!!!!
You lost me at hello, KWYM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot Princess View Post
Hi everyone,

My friend and I are planning on running Princess Half marathon in 2013...my friend will be turning 40 and we wanted to celebrate her milestone in style. We'd like to start planning for the trip early so we can save up the money.
My question is, how much should we plan on spending? Disney website says there are "special prices" for tickets or hotel rooms, etc, but it doesn't really say around how much.
We were thinking about arriving on Saturday, stay (in a value Disney resort) till Tuesday and go to the parks on Sunday after our run and Monday.
Can anyone give me an idea of how much you spent for the weekend in the past?
This will help us get a head start on our trip...Thank you!
Turning 40 in 6 months and decided I wanted to do this also. So far haven't been able to get a date for next years run, I found this thread when I googled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggielawyer View Post
I wonder if there is a thread on the fitness board about the 2013 Half. My SIL has started running this year, and when she found out Disney did runs she called me. I have told her that I couldn't do the 2012 Half, but I will do the 2013. I need to get started...I am a total couch potato!

Anyway, just wanted to throw my hat into the ring too!
Been awhile since you posted, couch potato here too!,,I just started the couch potato to 5k training program this week. So far so good!

DVC AKV
PMDR59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #9
ahoff
DIS Veteran

You should check out the WISH board here, lots of advice and hints. I am planning on the ToT.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #10
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

I would love to do it as well. I did talk to my BFF about it and she thought it was a great idea...again, neither of us are runners so we have a year to prep and train to get the endurance we need. I go to the gym a lot more than she does but I did some damage to my knee so I have to strenghthen it so I have no excuses to at least try.
hope to see you all down there...

auggie, you may have to be our cheerleader for this, it sounds like a lot of us need some encouragement...

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
karice2
DIS Veteran

I"m In

I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years. I have started training for my first 5k so a 1/2 marathon next year seems like a plan. NJDiva, we can share a room. I am gong to send you a PM about some training plans that i saw.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family May 2014 Star Wars Weekend July 2014 Harambe Nights

I've eaten at 47 out of 240 restaurants at Walt Disney World (20%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (18%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 PM   #12
UsMcWifeForever
Mouseketeer

I was also planning on doing the 2012 princess 1/2 but I had some major things happen in my life in 2011 so I was not able to train. Now it is a new year and I am training to so the 2013 1/2 also!!!!!!
UsMcWifeForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #13
Fiveisaparty
Mouseketeer

Half for 2013 or 2014

My BFF and I are wanting to do the half as well. We were thinking either 2013 or 2014. I didn't know there were discounts available to participants. I would love more info on that as it will help us plan better!

Fiveisaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
lexynjoesmom
Earning My Ears

Count me in

I am going to be running in 2013 as well. Just found this board. I've been wanting to get into shape for awhile and after having surgery on both feet last month I decided now is the time. I should be cleared to all activity next month and then the training begins. My husband has decided he will do the Princess 1/2 with me to support me. Neither one of us are runners but it's time. Our 25th anniversary is in December and what a way to celebrate - head to Disney and run our first 1/2 marathon together.
Christina
lexynjoesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #15
Fluffy Princess
Earning My Ears

I'm with all of you. Planning to run in 2013. Farthest I've run is a 10k but that was a bit ago. I got derailed by an injury and PT. Now, I'm starting from scratch so I got the Couch 2 5K program. I will be running by myself though.

http://fatlawyerrunning.blogspot.com/
Fluffy Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: