Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
Carlyluvsdisney
Mouseketeer

Q's about Candlelight Processional

Sorry in advance if any of these questions have been answered already..My family and I will be in Epcot next Saturday (12/8) and I really want to see the candlelight processional and we are not going to have the dinner package. I've read to line up 45 minutes in advance and then I've heard other people say to line up about an hour and a half in advance so I was just wondering what other peoples experiences have been that do not have the dining package. There will be three of us waiting in line. Do we all have to be in the line the entire time? Would I be able to leave with my six year old to take her to get a snack or go to the restroom as long as one person is in line or would that be rude? And I know that there are three different times to see it. Is certain time less crowded?

2010-Fort Wilderness in a travel trailer
2011-POFQ,POP,AKL
2012-Beach Club,Fort Wilderness Cabins,CSR,
POR Royal guestroom,AllStarSports,POFQ
Carlyluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyluvsdisney View Post
Sorry in advance if any of these questions have been answered already..My family and I will be in Epcot next Saturday (12/8) and I really want to see the candlelight processional and we are not going to have the dinner package. I've read to line up 45 minutes in advance and then I've heard other people say to line up about an hour and a half in advance so I was just wondering what other peoples experiences have been that do not have the dining package. There will be three of us waiting in line. Do we all have to be in the line the entire time? Would I be able to leave with my six year old to take her to get a snack or go to the restroom as long as one person is in line or would that be rude? And I know that there are three different times to see it. Is certain time less crowded?
Weekends are more crowded. James Denton is the narrator on 12/8, to be honest I'm not sure if he's popular or not, looks like he is on Desparate Housewives. I would get in line at least an hour before. You can leave the line if someone holds your place.
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Agree with PP. It's going to depend on who is narrating to some degree. We were there for the first night of the 2012 CP. Geena Davis narrated. We did not get the dinner package. We walked up close to the end of the first show and there was a long line already lined up for the 2nd. We decided to just stand behind the ropes and stay there for the 2nd in case it was already full. I would be there at least an hour early if you want to sit on the bleachers. If you don't mind being further back, do what we did. There were quite a few who did the same thing. We all were just chatting between shows. We all talked of trying to go in and decided we could see better than some sitting down so we just stayed where we were.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

As previously stated - it depends on the narrator and day - even with a less popular narrator, weekends (Fri and Sat night) are more crowded than mid week. Two years ago for Whoopi, the standby line was already by Germany 3 hours before the first performance (the standby line starts on the Italy side of American stage).
You might want to start checking on line length 2 or more hours before the show.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
moenjoejr
Earning My Ears

If you do have the dinner package, do you have to get in line really early as well? I know they have "reserved seating" for you, but should we still get in line early? Same amount of time as if you didn't have the package?
moenjoejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Last year, early December, the narrator was Neil Patrick Harris on a very rainy day. People started lining up at noon. Two hours before the first show, the line was longer than would fit either show. The dinner package line was also insane.

I was totally bummed and learned my lesson. Next time I am there for Christmas, I am getting a dining package, period.
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
ttigger81
Mouseketeer

I was able to experience it this week while NPH was there with no package. I got in the standby line about 40 min before 645 show (I knew I had a 50% chance of getting in)...I was lucky and was let in as were many behind me. There were quite a few people standing outside the theater too...it appeared as though they had a good view as well! Just an option In case you don't get in!

Hope you get to enjoy

May 1988 Off-Site December 1993 FW October 1996 CBR December 1998 Off-Site May 2000 Off-Site May 2001 Poly and DCL December 2003 GF June 2004 Off-Site December 2009 VWL June 2010 POR February/March 2011 OKW June 2011 POP November 2012 ASMusic April 2013 AOA(surprise trip for boys) June 2013 POR (royal room)
ttigger81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: