DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Question about BCV and VB

Hi!

I have a 1BR BCV ressie for June 2013. It will be our first time there. I noticed that there are no "views" available. Are there any particular rooms/floor/area to request for?

In Nov, we will be aboard the Magic starting Black Friday (way to avoid shopping!). I'm going to try and book BLT during my 11 month window, but was wondering if VB is ok this time of the year. Is it warm enough to swim/pool? Or is WDW a better place to be?

We will be driving from Chicago - so we have a loooooong drive to Miami. With a stop either in Orlando or SC.
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

myxdvz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #2
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Bump!

So, I'm guessing all rooms are the same?
Dec 2006 - X DLR / May 2010 - XY WDW, ASMo / March 2011 - XYZ DVC/DCL (AKV, Dream, OKW, Hilton) / Jan 2012 - XYZ DLR, PPH, VGC / June 2013 - WXYZ WDW, BCV/BWV / Oct 2013 - HKDL / Nov 2013 - WXYZ WDW/BLT/WBC, DCL/Magic / Mar 2014 WDW/OKW /
June 2014 HHI

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxdvz View Post
Bump!

So, I'm guessing all rooms are the same?
Well, not exactly, but people have different ideas of what they like. I have 2 areas of BCV that I like to be at. The first faces the canal and pool. I like to sit out there at night and see the lights reflect off the water. The second place I like is a woods view.

Some parts of BCV is near the road and I have found some of those villas to be noisy with road traffic and couldn't enjoy the balcony, patio.

However, now, I usually ask to be near the main elevators. It's hard for me to walk far. The main elevators give you a good location as far as getting to SAB is concerned. It's still a walk, but you can be a very far from SAB when you are staying at BCV!

Bobbi
Old 12-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

You asked about VB, and I have found January to be a bit too cool for swimming in the pool, but the hot tub was wonderful! Have not been there in November.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
Cee
DIS Veteran

We stayed in a 1BR in Oct. on the 3rd floor(372), and had a very nice view of the canal and quiet pool. Enjoy!
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #6
DisDaydreamer
I have this DIS-ease

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

April-May and October-November are my favorite times to go to VB. The air temps are good and the ocean temps are good. And you're mostly outside the tropical storm window.

DisDaydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:46 AM   #7
myxdvz
DVC - BLT

Perfect... I will request for a room that has a view of the canal and the pool and near the elevator

60-90% in November, 73% beach temp... that sounds promising!

June 2014 HHI

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: