Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 05:15 PM   #31
Donald1969
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbunny View Post
I also think you will have more fun staying in the Disney area either doing Downtown Disney or a 3rd day at the park. Having the extra hour one morning will make a big difference.
If you are only doing the 2 days or even if you decide to do the 3 days you might think about trying Ridemax. I decide to subscribe to it since we are going during a busy time and it came up with plans for DL and DCA where there is only 1 ride out of 28 that is longer than 15 minute wait even during a day Touring Plans says will be 10/10 busy. There web site is http://ridemax.com
Scrpbunny, Can you explain Ridemax a little. I went to their site and really don't understand it. Plus, I don't plan on having a smart phone with us in the park. Thanks!
Donald1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #32
Donald1969
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
I am pretty sure the Rose Bowl stuff happens in the afternoon. I think last year it began around 1-2pm or so. Plenty of time to do DL that morning if you wish and get FPs for later. You can avoid the front of the park if you want. I don't think it will be a big deal. They usually do photo ops after the ceremony at Matterhorn and Tea Cups I think. So get those done in the morning.

Last year I believe a lot of the players did an appearance in the late afternoon and evening at ESPN Zone, so they aren't in the parks all day or anything. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Thanks ArchOwl, once again you have eased my anxiety over visiting during Christmas break. I'm thinking of going straight to Space Mountain and either riding it or FP it or both. Then hit the submarines and Matterhorn. Then knock out a FP at Indy Jones, and ride Haunted Mansion and POTC. If that happens, I would be very happy. Plus Thunder River mountain and Splash too afterwards. We have a 12:30 lunch reservation at Blue Bayou, and would like to hit POTC again. This is going to be a blast if all goes well! I just hope visiting Space, the submarines and Matterhorn first thing in the morning doesn't take away from easily riding Indy, HM, and POTC.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #33
danaesacto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald1969 View Post
Scrpbunny, Can you explain Ridemax a little. I went to their site and really don't understand it. Plus, I don't plan on having a smart phone with us in the park. Thanks!
Not scrpbunny- but I love RideMax. You enter what you want to do, tell it what it can leave out, give some info on your pace, your entry time and the day you will be there and it will tell you what order to do everything in. Saves time standing in line, but increases your milege in most cases because you might zig zag back and forth a bit. It will tell you when to pick up FP and for what rides. Well worth the cost IMO.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #34
Donald1969
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaesacto View Post
Not scrpbunny- but I love RideMax. You enter what you want to do, tell it what it can leave out, give some info on your pace, your entry time and the day you will be there and it will tell you what order to do everything in. Saves time standing in line, but increases your milege in most cases because you might zig zag back and forth a bit. It will tell you when to pick up FP and for what rides. Well worth the cost IMO.
So, there's a a formula to the madness??? I'll see what others say too, but this sounds really tempting!

I think I'm getting a case of the OCD's. LOL!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Great, another obstacle on the 26th! I was thinking the 26th would be better at DL, because the early morning for that day is for DCA. When Ive gone to WDW, it's a good rule of thumb to avoid the park that has early mornings...and that's when I can go early morning too. Crowds in FL are more crowded during the entire day when there's early mornings entry that day. It's best NOT to go from my experience. Now, late nights for resort guests is a TOTALLY different story. The other thing to keep in mind is that DL only has 3 hotels and WDW has a butt load.

I just thought it was going to be a good thing that DL doesn't have early mornings on Wednesday the 26th. That way everybody gets in at the same time, and maybe the early morning people would be at DCA all day. I might be right, I could be wrong.
I had forgotten to mention earlier, both parks will have early entry all days between December 20th and January 5th (I believe). It is on the schedule already. Sorry!

Quote:
So, there's a a formula to the madness??? I'll see what others say too, but this sounds really tempting!

I think I'm getting a case of the OCD's. LOL!
I have used Ridemax a lot and find it useful. You tell it your rides and it will create an itinerary that you print out that tells you the order to ride and expected wait time. It also tells you when to gather FPs. I like it!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #36
scrapbunny
Mouseketeer

The thing that sold me on ridemax was that you can print out the schedule to make so you don't have to have a smartphone They also offer 30 day money back so you can't lose Just FYI both parks are Early Entry Dec 20 - Dec 31
scrapbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:57 AM   #37
Donald1969
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbunny View Post
The thing that sold me on ridemax was that you can print out the schedule to make so you don't have to have a smartphone They also offer 30 day money back so you can't lose Just FYI both parks are Early Entry Dec 20 - Dec 31
Would I be able to print out my schedule before I leave St. Louis or will I have to bring a laptop along? One of my goals for this trip is no electronics or cell phones.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #38
Donald1969
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchOwl View Post
I have used Ridemax a lot and find it useful. You tell it your rides and it will create an itinerary that you print out that tells you the order to ride and expected wait time. It also tells you when to gather FPs. I like it!
If ArchOwl uses it then I'm going to give it a try. Ive learned a lot from ArchOwl.

Last edited by Donald1969; 12-05-2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #39
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Would I be able to print out my schedule before I leave St. Louis or will I have to bring a laptop along? One of my goals for this trip is no electronics or cell phones.
You can print it out before you leave. Just make your final itinerary as close as possible to the date you leave, that way you will have the latest information.

It is fun to play with and you can add and subtract attractions and see how long the wait times are when you do that. You can also move your starting time back and see how much further it puts you behind when you start late!

Quote:
If ArchOwl uses it then I'm going to give it a try. Ive learned a lot from ArchOwl.
You are too kind. Just one of many here who are happy to help! My subscription to Ridemax has lapsed, so I can't tell you if your dates are available yet. I would think so. Have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #40
Donald1969
Earning My Ears

After considering the three day hopper, Ive come to the conclusion not to buy it. It will be about $400 more. Our current 2-day tickets are $668 and the three day hopper would take us over $1K. Plus, after hitting both parks from 8AM to Midnight, I think we will relax our last day and maybe enjoy Downtown Disney.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #41
jlmarr
You got that right

The Disneyland Twitter account @Disneyland has made this announcement:

The @RoseBowlGame teams are here today! Tweets from ceremony (w/ @BadgerFootball & @StanfordFball players/coaches) begin 2 pm.
jlmarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: