Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #196
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

With one week left to my weight loss goal date I was super motivated tonight and did 30 min of hard legs and ab work. AND I resisted phoning in on the dinner I planned to make when DH tempted me with going out to dinner. But next Monday-- all bets are off!

370/800

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #197
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990
With one week left to my weight loss goal date I was super motivated tonight and did 30 min of hard legs and ab work. AND I resisted phoning in on the dinner I planned to make when DH tempted me with going out to dinner. But next Monday-- all bets are off!

370/800
Congrats on your willpower! I can never resist going out to dinner

30 minute walk
Total : 685/1000
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #198
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pix13dust View Post
Congrats on your willpower! I can never resist going out to dinner

30 minute walk
Total : 685/1000
THANKS! congrats on your workout!

I usually can't either. The pouring rain and exhaustion made it a little easier (I felt like i was running on fumes from only sleeping 4 hours the night before b/c i stayed up too late reading!). That and knowing I'm going out tomorrow night.... and a party friday... out again saturday... party sunday... and out again monday.... Love the holidays!

Keep it up everybody! I'm so grateful to have this group to be accountable to at this really diet/exercise/healthy habit-challenging time of year.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #199
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Well I managed to knock about 20 seconds off my mile time since my last 5k in September, so I'm happy. I figure if i can keep knocking that time down in each progressive race, I'll be doing well. Not as fast as I would've liked but...wait for it.......NO PAIN!

Kimberley (that's me!) Coconut Creek FL Overall 71 (out of 201 finishers)

Final Time 28:28.6 9:11/Mile
Finished 6 lousy seconds out of the trophies

Onto the next one on January 13th. 8-something min. mile, here I come!!

So to add the weekend up - 12/14 - 35/walk, 24/run, 12/15 - 30/run (incl. warmup)

brings December total to...794/1200

Congrats to all my fellow DIS'ers on their continuing efforts! You guys definitely help make the journey worth it knowing that I have to be accountable! Of course, that accountability was put on temporary hold for the post-race margaritas! heeheehee...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:11 PM   #200
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Well I managed to knock about 20 seconds off my mile time since my last 5k in September, so I'm happy. I figure if i can keep knocking that time down in each progressive race, I'll be doing well. Not as fast as I would've liked but...wait for it.......NO PAIN!

Kimberley (that's me!) Coconut Creek FL Overall 71 (out of 201 finishers)

Final Time 28:28.6 9:11/Mile
Finished 6 lousy seconds out of the trophies

Onto the next one on January 13th. 8-something min. mile, here I come!!

So to add the weekend up - 12/14 - 35/walk, 24/run, 12/15 - 30/run (incl. warmup)

brings December total to...794/1200

Congrats to all my fellow DIS'ers on their continuing efforts! You guys definitely help make the journey worth it knowing that I have to be accountable! Of course, that accountability was put on temporary hold for the post-race margaritas! heeheehee...
Congratulations Plutobaby!!! WTG on your time AND no pain!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #201
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Congratulations Plutobaby!!! WTG on your time AND no pain!

You know you're getting old(er) when every time you move, you hold your breath wondering how bad it's going to hurt...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #202
PlutoBaby

Hey everybody-

Please bear with me for a moment as I just wanted to take a minute and throw some thoughts out into the DIS/WISH void. I know this may be completely inappropriate here, so my apologies if I offend anyone...

Not being a parent, I can't begin to imagine how those people in Newtown feel. Being a CT native however, I know how close those small towns can be, and how, what seems to be a simple, boring, country life can appear to those who live a "bigger" life elsewhere, wonder at that closeness. Every article I read, news blurb I watch, and friend I speak to back home, brings that long-ago life I grew up having, seem like it was only yesterday. These victims, which includes their families and community as a whole, deserve our respect and compassion. I think a number of lessons can be learned from the bravery of all, from the unbelievably smart 6 year-old who played dead in order to survive, to the 27 year-old beautiful, energetic teacher who hid her kids in the closet in an attempt to protect them. As we hurry through our busy lives, including our runs, yoga classes, zumba, and gym workouts, maybe we should take a moment to be thankful that even with all our aches and pains, we are still alive and still have those around us whom we love and trust.

So with this in mind, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever you may celebrate this time of year, to all my active friends. I am thankful for each of you and hope your life, however long it may be, be filled with nothing but joy and happiness!!

From the heart,
Kimberley

Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #203
pix13dust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby
Hey everybody-

Please bear with me for a moment as I just wanted to take a minute and throw some thoughts out into the DIS/WISH void. I know this may be completely inappropriate here, so my apologies if I offend anyone...

Not being a parent, I can't begin to imagine how those people in Newtown feel. Being a CT native however, I know how close those small towns can be, and how, what seems to be a simple, boring, country life can appear to those who live a "bigger" life elsewhere, wonder at that closeness. Every article I read, news blurb I watch, and friend I speak to back home, brings that long-ago life I grew up having, seem like it was only yesterday. These victims, which includes their families and community as a whole, deserve our respect and compassion. I think a number of lessons can be learned from the bravery of all, from the unbelievably smart 6 year-old who played dead in order to survive, to the 27 year-old beautiful, energetic teacher who hid her kids in the closet in an attempt to protect them. As we hurry through our busy lives, including our runs, yoga classes, zumba, and gym workouts, maybe we should take a moment to be thankful that even with all our aches and pains, we are still alive and still have those around us whom we love and trust.

So with this in mind, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, or whatever you may celebrate this time of year, to all my active friends. I am thankful for each of you and hope your life, however long it may be, be filled with nothing but joy and happiness!!

From the heart,
Kimberley
Very nicely said! I hope you have a great holiday season ! I wish all my WISH family health and happiness in the coming year and truly appreciate all you support and encouragement
pix13dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #204
JimB.
DIS Veteran

65 minutes yesterday. Not finished yet today.........

Btw, nice words Kimberly. Very well said.
GATOR NATION RULES!!!
JimB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 PM   #205
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Elliptical today...

490/750
Got some work to do!

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #206
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

To what Kimberly said: I have been thinking constantly about those Connecticut families and all families that have tragedy and grief in their lives. I have taken extra care this week to appreciate my loved ones and hugged them also closer and longer- something I should have been doing more of. And I agree that in the midst of this awful time, as often happens in times of tragedy, it gives me hope to see the good in people rise up to remind us of the positive. Thank you to all people who each day protect me and my loved ones in countless ways.

And thanks dis-wish-family for being my healthy support system!!!

That being said- I finally made it to 400/800!!! (30 min run/walk tonight)

Old 12-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #207
Chicago262
Mouseketeer

An hour WERQ class this evening:

1235/2000

Deanna

12/10 - WL, 1/10 - AKL,10/08 - WL & MNSSHP & Discovery Cove, 12/06 - Surprise Christmas trip WL & MVMCP, 9/05 - WL, 11/04 - WL, 5/03 - Ten yr. Anniversary trip WL, 4/93 - Disneymoon Dixie Landings, other off-site trips that I fail to mention on purpose (less magic if you stay off property)

Chicago262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #208
NYUBwayBaby
Mouseketeer

40 minutes with the trainer and 30 minutes moving stock at work takes me to 694/1500!
NYUBwayBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #209
Desiree
BL II - Purple Team
LSU Fan.. Geaux Tigers!
I melt when I hear him talk
Eats food one item at a time and in order

As of this morning I'm up to 440/1000. I've got some work to do! I need to get ready for work but I will read everyone else's post in a bit! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Desiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:54 AM   #210
jillbur
DIS Veteran

Adding 50 minutes of run/walking. I need to kick it into gear!

Total=338/1000

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: