Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
Patrickprincess
HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

power out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyholic View Post
We had a power outage years ago when we were staying at CSR. I never thought anything about it till I read this. Just figured it happens sometimes. We didn't get any letter in our room saying anything was going to happen.
When my DBF and i were visting disneyland ,we were staying at the disneyland hotel the water was shut of about the same time as your power,we got a letter telling us and we got four bottles of water or at least i think it was four. Any way we saved the bottles because they had tinker bell with the castle on them. we still have them today. sorry that happened to you.
2012 WDW Riverside Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest Room. Disney cruiseline The Fantasy. 2007 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. 2006 Disneyland @ The Paradise pier hotel. 2004 WDW @ Port Orleans French quater. 2002 WDW@ Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Cruiseline The Wonder. 2000 Disneyland @The Disneyland Hotel. Disneyland 1999 1998,1996 2013 WDW Port Orleans Riverside Royal Guest
a proud stockholder and a mariner and seahawk fan for life
Patrickprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #17
TheRustyScupper
GKTW coordinator. Kiwanis and SCORE Volunteer. Make-A-Wish board. Average Banjo Picker. Pretty good sailing captain.

1) This is part of a mandated Emergency Response test.
2) All Orlando hotels do this.
3) All the emergency systems and procedures are checked.
4) Think of it like an expanded grade school fire drill.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 04:45 AM   #18
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

I have had it happen when I was there - at WL and CR on separate stays.

The issue for me is that I sleep with two white noise machines and a fan - I can not sleep in a quiet room. I even travel with them. So any time the power goes off at night, I wake up and I stay awake until the power comes back on. I also can't sleep in a room if there isn't any air moving around. So the a/c might not be an issue so long as the room doesn't get warm, but the stuffiness of no air movement would keep me awake as well.

I've learned to travel with my own mini flashlight that I keep in the nightstand at hotels. You never know when you might need one. Even though many smartphones have flashlight apps, your phone may be plugged in as far away as the bathroom vanity and it's nice to just reach over and grab the flashlight.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: