Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

What time off the Ship in Vancouver?

So I originally scheduled a flight leaving Vancouver for 12:45pm figuring that would give us enough time to leave the ship and get to the airport.

Then, Alaskan Airlines changed my flight departure time to 11:20am and I'm suddenly not feeling as confident.

Any idea what time the ship starts unloading in Vancouver, and whether we could make an 11:20am flight to the US?

I don't want to chance it, but Expedia tells me my tickets are non refundable and non transferable. If that's really the case, and if I can't make a flight out as early as 11:20, I might have really gotten screwed out of this deal.

Brumbie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

Relevant information: Our flight is 6 months away, and was paid for back in August of this year. (The earliest I could make it for.)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
TinksMomma
Mouseketeer

I would be on the phone with Alaskan Airlines asap! I would let them know the new flight time is not acceptable due to disembarking the ship!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Prose
DIS Veteran

If the disembarking goes the same as it did in Vancouver in 2011, it is different that the way you might be used to at Port Canaveral. You still have the assigned breakfast seating time and location and still get the character luggage tags, but you don't just walk off whenever. You wait on the ship and they will "release" a group or two at a time by announcing the character from your tags (Blue Donald, Red Mickey, etc.). We ended up being one of the last groups announced. I wish I could recall what time we left, but we weren't in any hurry so I didn't notice.
Disney Cruise on the WONDER March '08
WONDER cruise to Alaska June '11
Awesome trip to WDW October 2012 MNSSHP
Sailed the Eastern on the Fantasy 10/19/13
Sailed the Western on the Fantasy 10/11/14
Prose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prose View Post
If the disembarking goes the same as it did in Vancouver in 2011, it is different that the way you might be used to at Port Canaveral. You still have the assigned breakfast seating time and location and still get the character luggage tags, but you don't just walk off whenever. You wait on the ship and they will "release" a group or two at a time by announcing the character from your tags (Blue Donald, Red Mickey, etc.). We ended up being one of the last groups announced. I wish I could recall what time we left, but we weren't in any hurry so I didn't notice.
We have only cruised once, in the MR, and it was done the same way.
Since we drove, it wasn't an issue.
I know you could go to GS and tell them that you had an early flight and they would give you an early tag to get off early if you need to, but I don't know what time they usually disembark there.

either way, I guess I better get it figured out.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #6
gilsan
DIS Veteran

You should be able to change your flight since they moved the departure time. We booked once with expedia and were able to move our flight after they changed it to 2 layover stops. We called expedia to make the changes.

I think 11:20 would be tight, you will clear US customs in Canada and they recommend arriving at the airport 2 hours prior to departure.

2009 POFQ, 2010 Grand Floridian, 2011 Wilderness Lodge, 2012 BC/Dream Cruise/Poly, 2012 Halloween Fantasy Cruise, 2013 AKV, 2014 SSR/Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise2015 Eastbound Transatlantic Mmmm....Cake, 9 nights of Deluxe Dining w/Pictures
gilsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Brumbie13
Mr. Mickeybars

Thanks for the help people.

I called Expedia and got the flight changed to 1:20pm, which makes me much more comfortable.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: