Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

Has anyone gotten such a bad meal that...

you refused to pay or use a TS credit?

I've seen some pretty questionable reviews about some meals that I would never pay for in a million years.

Has this happened to anyone?
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Yes. Tonys! Lol. Although i did pay, I never refused. But i sure as heck didn't wanted to pay! It was gross.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #3
reiella
DIS Veteran

At Disney? No. I'm generally a pushover.

The only time it's happened to us in general, the establishment already said they weren't charging us before we even got to that point.
reiella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:34 PM   #4
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

We had a terrible meal at BOG on a preview night. DS's was so bad neither of us could eat it. I didn't ask for it to be removed from the bill, but the waittress did have it removed. I was happy she did that as I sure didn't want to pay for it but I would probably not have asked if she didn't do it.
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
jsw1114
Mouseketeer

Akersus for dinner in sept my meal was raw and I don't mean med rare I mean as soon as I but in the blood spurted out it was so disgusting it was our first dinner there and our last meal ever there but I'm not the type that complains we just won't go back
jsw1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
mommadjones
Mouseketeer

Twice at Coral Reef! Worst meal and service we have encountered anywhere both times!! We attempted to remove the tip from the bill on our last meal but was told by the manager we couldn't!
Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Kouizzina. My entree was cold and inedible. Our server never checked on us so the rest in our party were done eating by the time he came around and saw I hadn't touched my plate. He offered to replace it but I declined since the rest in my group were ready to go. My entree was comped.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #8
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw1114
Akersus for dinner in sept my meal was raw and I don't mean med rare I mean as soon as I but in the blood spurted out it was so disgusting it was our first dinner there and our last meal ever there but I'm not the type that complains we just won't go back
OMG that's so gross. That's enough to turn me off from meat forever. LOL. WOW.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW

I've been BOO'ED by Forum Jumper!!!
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #9
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

1) Never.
2) If I get bad food or service, I complain immediately.
. . . I have sent lots of food back to kitchens
. . . I have several waiters switched out
5) I do not believe in paying for ANYTHING sub-par.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #10
TwoCortWort
A Buckeye Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom View Post

I've seen some pretty questionable reviews about some meals that I would never pay for in a million years.

Oh my gosh yes and my dad argued it until he got his way. We ate at Rainforest Cafe at AK and the first time we ate there, no problem we had an amazing waitress. Second time the same week, we had a horrible experience. They brought mine and my mom plates together and a few moments later brought my dad. Well he ordered onion rings that were cold, so sent them back. Second ordered same way, so he switched to French fries, which came out colder than the onion rings. So not only did he didn't get to eat with his family, he wound up not even eating his meal. So we talked to the manager and she wouldn't take off his meal, just the onion rings and French fries. But finally got what he wanted in the end because he did not eat any of the meal and plus crappy service.

TwoCortWort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:15 AM   #11
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper
1) Never.
2) If I get bad food or service, I complain immediately.
. . . I have sent lots of food back to kitchens
. . . I have several waiters switched out
5) I do not believe in paying for ANYTHING sub-par.
I guess you don't work as a food service cm lol.

I personally don't like to send food back to the kitchen if I can help it. Too many friends working in kitchens have told me it's not a great idea. There are times a genuine mistake has been made where I'm comfortable sending it back. But for the most part I will just ask for it to be taken off my bill if It's really inedible.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #12
vacationer1954
DIS Veteran

We've had substandard meals comped but never even thought about skipping out on the check because we were unhappy. If we can't get the manager to do the right thing for us there in the restaurant, we pay the bill and then contact someone higher up for satisfaction later.
vacationer1954 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #13
FiggieFan
DIS Veteran

Captain Jacks in Downtown Disney was the worst dining experience we have ever had. 4 adults and 1 kid and the only thing that look pleasing was my nephews peanut butter and jelly (which was prepackaged from Smuckers). The salmon was way overcooked, the pot roast had giant chunks of fat in it and someone had a fish bone in their green beans. We did not request money back since we had free dining plan, but it made for some miserable people. I can't believe the place is still open. I hardly ever see anyone there anymore. I still cringe walking by it. EEW!

FiggieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #14
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktnryansmom

Can you really refuse to pay though? You can try to get the manager to comp it, but isn't just not paying illegal?
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:30 AM   #15
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

We have had slow service at Disney but I can't remember anything being cold or inedible.

I do remember being at Crystal Palace for breakfast one year & our waitress disappeared. No drink refills & after characters no check. I had to find a manager to check out and I believe I got our drinks myself, I usually do this at home in restaurants also. (The drinks could have been at a different restaurant other than Crystal Palace) Management usually starts jumping when they see I am getting a refill on our drinks

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 OKW - July 2015 AKV Kidani June 2016
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: