Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

2 TS Meals in One Day?

We are only going to be spending one day at Epcot, and we managed to score lunch and dinner at 2 of our favorite places - Le Cellier and Garden Grill. The problem is - lunch is at 2:00 and dinner is at 7:00.

I know it's sort of a subjective question, but is that going to be too much eating in a 5 hour period?! I mean, I like to eat and all, but that's 2 big meals! We might try to get in at LC a little early, but I don't want to count on that. My husband and I are really looking forward to LC and the kids are excited about GG and the characters, so it's hard to give one up.

So has anyone done 2 TS meals close together and not had to be rolled out in a wheelbarrel!?

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I would say that is definitely too much, if you plan to clean your plates at both restaurants. Garden Grill is family style though, so you can eat as much or as little if you want, and if you're really going to see the characters it won't matter so much about the food. Just don't eat tons, you don't have to eat all of it.
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
DisneyLvr55
The thing swooped down, hit me in the face with its wing, scooped up my dog, and flew away

We did a breakfast at Tuskerhouse and then a pretty early dinner (5pm) at Sanaa. Maybe its because it was breakfast to dinner, but we were fine. Just make sure not to over do it at the first place, and you'll be good. Enjoy!!!
DisneyLvr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

2 big meals, Is it too much food, well really only you can answer that!

This is how I look at it, when I manage to "score" a resv. to a restaurant I've really wanted to try, then I want to experience all that the venue has to offer. Example, a few appetizers to share, an entree, wine, coffee and possibly dessert, I want to take my time enjoying the meal. I couldn't enjoy 2 such meals with so few hours in between, it would be a waste of my resources.

For you, it may be different? Also, eating that much, park participation and riding would end up at a minimum!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #5
olliffm1
Earning My Ears

It depends. I come from a family that actually does 3 TS meals a day. And I get told we are crazy all the time, but that's what my father wants to do so that's what we do. 5 hours is a little shorter than we try to plan out ( we normally go 6 hours) but its your vacation. It will take about 1 1/2 hours to eat at Canada. But if there is somewhere to walk off a big meal and calories, u can do it at Epcot. So to sum it up, if that's what your family wants to do, the do it. Canada is a great restaurant, and garden grill has the best character interaction of any character meal we have ever done. I would plan an afternoon of moving around though, to help work off the calories and get you hungry again.
olliffm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone for the advice! I agree it's definitely a lot of food and not the ideal timing. We have a couple days to decide, so I guess I'll keep checking for an earlier LeCellier time or we can talk about giving one up.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:17 AM   #7
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice! I agree it's definitely a lot of food and not the ideal timing. We have a couple days to decide, so I guess I'll keep checking for an earlier LeCellier time or we can talk about giving one up.
It's not a given but I have on a couple of occasions, checked in very early, asking to see if we could be fitted in any earlier and I have lucked out! 50/50! Doesn't hurt to ask!

Old 11-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #8
kris4360
DIS Veteran

I would keep both reservations and keep trying for an earlier GG.
kris4360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

On our last trip, we had two days where we had a TS lunch and dinner on the same day where both meals were 6 hours apart. We were on deluxe dining, so we were eligible for appetizers, entrees, and desserts at each meal.

For the first of these, lunch was as 50's Prime Time and dinner was at Citricos. I had all of my entitlements at 50's and also had a mickey bar about halfway between the meals. About halfway through my entree at Citricos, I began to feel very full. I still finished the entree and ordered dessert, but I had to force feed myself. It wasn't very enjoyable.

The second time, lunch was at Coral Reef and dinner was at Flying Fish. I ate all of my entitlements at CR and had a mickey bar about 30 minutes after lunch. At Flying Fish, I didn't start feeling really full until I'd almost finished my dessert. So it worked out nearly perfectly.

I suspect part of the reason I felt more full the first day is that the portions are more generous (and filling) at 50's than at CR. The timing of the snack may also have had some effect.

On our upcoming trip, we have 3 days where lunch and dinner are scheduled roughly 6 hours apart. This time, I 'm going to try to not snack at all between lunch and dinner.

I can eat like a camel, so my experience will not necessarily translate well to those with smaller appetites.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masonmj84 View Post
I can eat like a camel, so my experience will not necessarily translate well to those with smaller appetites.

Old 11-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #11
Luv4Disney
DIS Veteran

I sometimes do 2 TS's in a day, but I will do it for breakfast and dinner or an early lunch with a late dinner. That much food in a 5 hour period seems like a lot.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #12
ktnryansmom
Mouseketeer

I have a couple of days where I have reservations at 2 restaurants I want to check out...I may just get dessert or a salad though and pay out of pocket instead of using a whole TS credit.
ktnryansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #13
rznhal
DIS Veteran

Could you share meals at LC?

me, DH, DD6, DS2
1988-Grand Floridian, 1993-offsite, 1994-offsite
2002-DTD and Disney Cruise Honeymoon
2005-offsite, 2009-POP, 2011-CSR
2012-Adults only Graduation Trip-AKL
2013-AKL again!
rznhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #14
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rznhal View Post
Could you share meals at LC?
That's a thought, but DH isn't much of a sharer, especially when it comes to a good steak!

Maybe we can skip or share a dessert for lunch. And as long as we don't eat any snacks in between lunch and dinner, I think we'll be OK.

Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #15
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn

That's a thought, but DH isn't much of a sharer, especially when it comes to a good steak!

Maybe we can skip or share a dessert for lunch. And as long as we don't eat any snacks in between lunch and dinner, I think we'll be OK.
Exactly! I totally think its doable! You dont have to clean your plate at le cellier. Eat only half of your potato portion at least, and share dessert. Im sure by doing this you will have room for dinner at garden grill.

Sent from my Galaxy SII

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: