Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
ldnon
Earning My Ears

Just got invite for Fastpass+ Dec 14-20!

Any advice, experience on how best to maximize it's use?
They are allowing me to select one day at HS and one day at MK.

Unfortunately, the system seems to only be allowing me to choose Dec 14 and 15. I'm only arriving mid afternoon on the 14th!

If anyone has already trialed the Fastpass+, your experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
ldnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

I saw on another thread that it was being offered from the 11th to 15th, maybe it actually ends on the 15th so you are only there the 14th and 15th of the available dates.

Anyways, I did the FP+ test in September and it was great. They were only testing at MK then. We picked things that normally had longer lines like Peter Pan, Mickey meet and greet, splash mtn. We had parade viewing fastpasses too, which would have been awesome except it was set up in a spot that was blocking other people who were irate throughout the parade that they couldn't see.

Heres a part of my trip report that goes into detail about the parade viewing:

Next we went over to the FP+ area for the parade. This turned out to be the biggest fiasco. We had been having such a great day, and this really put a wet blanket on the ending.

The space that is roped off is directly in front of the castle (but on the inside of the circle). There is just some plain concrete there. Behind it is where the Walt and Mickey statue is, and there are some benches and open space there, but that wasn’t part of the reserved area. There were ropes there separating that area from the FP+ area. People without fastpasses were lined up in that area, thinking they had a good spot since no one was initially in the FP+ space, it looked like they had a clear shot of the parade. Well, the FP+ space filled in, about 5 deep or more, and they could no longer see.

There were some really obnoxious people over there who were extremely upset and kept screaming “SIT DOWN, SIT DOWN, SIT DOWN” for the 20 minutes prior to the parade, and the first 10 minutes or so of the parade. Some people did sit down, but many did not. It was just flat concrete, no curb space, and I wasn’t about to have my 73 yr old in-laws sit down and not be able to get back up.

Nanny was feeling bad and tried kneeling, but it was hurting her knees too much. Pop was getting really bent out of shape and I don’t think he even paid attention to the parade. He started complaining about everything and anything at this point. There was one kid in particular who was screaming on top of his lungs for the entire 30 minutes. By the time it was over, Pop was sufficiently agitated and said he was going back to the room.

I don’t blame those people for being upset, they thought they had a good spot, and now they couldn’t see behind the hundreds of people who filled in the space. I think Disney needs to post signs where those ropes are letting people know that this area will be used for FP+ and will fill in. It was a test period, and I hope they realized that this part didn't work.

I Can't BELIEEEEVE I Did This!!!! An Oct 2014 Pre-trip report

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
lurkernj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

If you sign up for Fastpass+ do you still have use of the regular Fastpass system in addition?
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 AM   #4
RCMommy
DIS Veteran

We were chosen as well and rec'd the email just last night. Our dates to pick were for Dec 11-15th, and our travel dates are Dec 10-17th.

We were able to choose from the Magic Kingdom, the Little Mermaid ride, enchanted tales with Belle, BTMR and Barnstormer. The preferred seating for Wishes and the parade were already taken (standy by available - though I didn't see how I could put myself on a wait list)

There were four time options to choose from, Option A,B,C or D. I found the times to be a good mix and we were able to fit it in nicely with our itinerary.

For Hollywood Studios we were able to choose, TOT, TSM and Star Tours. Only one day was available for HS which was the 13th. Same four options for times again.

The email says the FP+ cards will be shipped to us, and living in Canada I am a little concerned they will not reach us in time.

Happy to be selected and very curious to see how the day plays out using this new system.

2012 Xmas Port Orleans French Quarter ~~ 2012 US/IOA & Legoland ~~ 2011 Port Orleans Riverside ~~ 2009 xmas trip POP ~~ 2008 Xmas trip Polynesian-~~ 2008 Carribean Beach ~~ 2006 Windsor Palms ~~ 2005 All Star Sports ~~2000 offsite ~~~ Numerous other trips since 1977...
RCMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
If you sign up for Fastpass+ do you still have use of the regular Fastpass system in addition?
Yes you can still use regular fastpass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMommy View Post
We were chosen as well and rec'd the email just last night. Our dates to pick were for Dec 11-15th, and our travel dates are Dec 10-17th.

We were able to choose from the Magic Kingdom, the Little Mermaid ride, enchanted tales with Belle, BTMR and Barnstormer. The preferred seating for Wishes and the parade were already taken (standy by available - though I didn't see how I could put myself on a wait list)

There were four time options to choose from, Option A,B,C or D. I found the times to be a good mix and we were able to fit it in nicely with our itinerary.

For Hollywood Studios we were able to choose, TOT, TSM and Star Tours. Only one day was available for HS which was the 13th. Same four options for times again.

The email says the FP+ cards will be shipped to us, and living in Canada I am a little concerned they will not reach us in time.

Happy to be selected and very curious to see how the day plays out using this new system.
Just an fyi, you can go into the computer and change the times on each individual thing, you don't have to accept what they assign you. In fact I went in and scheduled different things at the same time for each of us, but each person can only have one active at each time frame, like if you have 4 people, 2 people might want to ride little mermaid, but the other two would rather go on barnstormer you can separate them and plan them for the same time. I was actually making changes in the morning we were to use them from my ipad. It was very convenient.

Have fun!

I Can't BELIEEEEVE I Did This!!!! An Oct 2014 Pre-trip report

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
lurkernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
mommycal
Mouseketeer

so the invite is done by email? who is it from and what is the subject title? MUST do a seach in my 1000's of emails. TIA!
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
yolie912
DIS Veteran

How do you get the email? Curious!!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
mommycal
Mouseketeer

ok, we have an inivte how does it work. I'm overwhelmed and in panic mode. LOL Looks like I can only pick either one dat at HS or 1 day at MK? Uggh. TIA for your help
mommycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #9
richard39
Mouseketeer

They will send you an email if you are using the magical express if you don't get the email you can select the fast pass rides at the airport when you are about to get in line,
richard39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
ldnon
Earning My Ears

"Standby" for Wishes Viewing Area

Has anyone else received a "standby" notification on the FASTPASS+ selections?? What does this mean?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycal
ok, we have an inivte how does it work. I'm overwhelmed and in panic mode. LOL Looks like I can only pick either one dat at HS or 1 day at MK? Uggh. TIA for your help
I just signed up and after you complete the selections for the first park you then do the second park. They give you 4 preset options to choose from but when you are done you can change the time on any one of more. They can be edited at later time if plans change as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
mbcbatdisney
Earning My Ears

Us too!

We're going from the 14th-21st and have fastpass+'s for the 14th & 15th. Since we're coming from Canada too, I worry about them not arriving in time. Is there a contigency plan if we don't receive them before go?
Disneyland (April 2010)
Disney World @ POP (Sept 2009)
Disney World @ AK (Sept 2008)
mbcbatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #13
ldnon
Earning My Ears

I think you can check in at ME when you arrive and get cards.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
nightsky
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcbatdisney View Post
We're going from the 14th-21st and have fastpass+'s for the 14th & 15th. Since we're coming from Canada too, I worry about them not arriving in time. Is there a contigency plan if we don't receive them before go?
I never saw the email invite, I just received cards in the mail on Saturday (we leave on the 14th also). Maybe the cards are already on their way to you
nightsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #15
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkernj View Post
I saw on another thread that it was being offered from the 11th to 15th, maybe it actually ends on the 15th so you are only there the 14th and 15th of the available dates.

Anyways, I did the FP+ test in September and it was great. They were only testing at MK then. We picked things that normally had longer lines like Peter Pan, Mickey meet and greet, splash mtn. We had parade viewing fastpasses too, which would have been awesome except it was set up in a spot that was blocking other people who were irate throughout the parade that they couldn't see.

Heres a part of my trip report that goes into detail about the parade viewing:

Next we went over to the FP+ area for the parade. This turned out to be the biggest fiasco. We had been having such a great day, and this really put a wet blanket on the ending.

The space that is roped off is directly in front of the castle (but on the inside of the circle). There is just some plain concrete there. Behind it is where the Walt and Mickey statue is, and there are some benches and open space there, but that wasn’t part of the reserved area. There were ropes there separating that area from the FP+ area. People without fastpasses were lined up in that area, thinking they had a good spot since no one was initially in the FP+ space, it looked like they had a clear shot of the parade. Well, the FP+ space filled in, about 5 deep or more, and they could no longer see.

There were some really obnoxious people over there who were extremely upset and kept screaming “SIT DOWN, SIT DOWN, SIT DOWN” for the 20 minutes prior to the parade, and the first 10 minutes or so of the parade. Some people did sit down, but many did not. It was just flat concrete, no curb space, and I wasn’t about to have my 73 yr old in-laws sit down and not be able to get back up.

Nanny was feeling bad and tried kneeling, but it was hurting her knees too much. Pop was getting really bent out of shape and I don’t think he even paid attention to the parade. He started complaining about everything and anything at this point. There was one kid in particular who was screaming on top of his lungs for the entire 30 minutes. By the time it was over, Pop was sufficiently agitated and said he was going back to the room.

I don’t blame those people for being upset, they thought they had a good spot, and now they couldn’t see behind the hundreds of people who filled in the space. I think Disney needs to post signs where those ropes are letting people know that this area will be used for FP+ and will fill in. It was a test period, and I hope they realized that this part didn't work.

This really is a shame for you and your family as well as for the people behind all the FastPass+ folks. I'd really think Disney would have been able to apply the "Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance" rule. It makes for a very unpleasant experience, as you said, for all guests involved. Come on Disney, you know better!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fastpass+

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: