Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

Who has created their own in-room celebration?

I am looking for some ideas for creating a "Welcome to Disney" in room celebration. Not holiday or birthday themed just a little surprise for my little ones. They are all boys, 1 is 6 and then I have 2 year old twins.
allstonsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstonsmommy View Post
I am looking for some ideas for creating a "Welcome to Disney" in room celebration. Not holiday or birthday themed just a little surprise for my little ones. They are all boys, 1 is 6 and then I have 2 year old twins.
I'm doing this now. I've been looking for sales at the Disney outlet and also online at the Disney Store website. I have the stuff shipped to my house and then I pack everything in a box and ship it off to the resort. Pay special attention to the mailing address and instructions for the resort you are staying at. Those instructions, addresses and delivery specifications must be followed otherwise your package may end up at someplace like a convention center. Check out the FAQ section from the DIS as to resort mailing instructions. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

I have bags with character themes on them and every night I put a new thing in the bags for each of the kids to open up in the morning. It doesn't have to be big or expensive to be considered fun, use your imagination! You can put things in there like an "announcement" that today is the day you are FINALLY going to Blizzard beach and the kids will go nuts just at that. I've put treats purchased from the MK bakery earlier that day in the bag and that was a big hit and an easy breakfast for that next morning. The sky's the limit. Disney Florist comes only once but "Magic Mom (or 'Tinkerbell' or 'Minnie' or who ever) and her Magic Bags" come every night which makes it more fun.

Good luck with your planning!
~NM
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #3
natebenma
DIS Veteran

You could certainly do a themed gift assortment based on Pirates or maybe Cars/Toy Story/Finding Nemo, whatever your boys are into. I know our local dollar store has lots of Disney stuff like notebooks, pencils, erasers, decks of card, etc.

Wouldn't all have to be Disney stuff- for a Pirates Booty you could include chocolate gold coins, Pirate bandanas, jewels or bead necklaces.

If you can get your hands on an Oriental Trading catalog, especially the party issue, you could probably get some ideas, and trinkets from that.

Good luck!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

We do this! We have three boys and did a pirate-themed celebration at BWI last year right before our cruise. IPO at BWI helped with this - did all of the shopping and really customized everything. Pirate ear hats, treasure chests, Mickey pirate plush, beads, coins, etc. It turned out wonderfully. For our MNSSHP stay at BC, I ordered Halloween ear hats and Halloween Mickey plush from disneystore.com, personalized string bags with Mickey head pumpkins from etsy, and glow sticks from Target. I brought all of these items in a carry on and set it up before the boys walked in the room. For our January Poly stay, I ordered personalized Mickey string bags from etsy again (without the Halloween theme - the new ones are red with black and yellow), mickey plush with hawaiian shirts and personalized ear hats (our boys collect ear hats - so they will love another set.) Again, I'll pack these items in our carry on and set them up before the boys walk in the room.

Good luck and have fun!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

I love the pirate one! My oldest is very into pirates. Maybe I will do that one on the day he will be doing The Pirates League.
I think I will do different Disney characters for each of them for the welcome to Disney ones. Thanks so much for the ideas!
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

I know the majority of people cannot do this, but this is what we have done in the past. Since we drive to WDW, we did a stop at the Walmart or Target a few miles from Disney and bought everything there for the package, MUCH better price and has a LOT of disney stuff. The DW has done a Mickey & Minnie theme and also a princess theme. It will have little toys, an autograph book and pen, matching t-shirts, small plush doll... We would then put it together the first night when they are sleeping, so that they are sitting on the table when they wake up the next morning.

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #7
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

We drive there and I make sure to have a separate bag with the "gifts". Last year we just got DD3 a Jasime princess outfit and I was able to get it into one of the drawers while she was in the bathroom so by the time she got curious and started looking thru the drawers it was there to open.
This year was trickier but my parents had adjoining rooms so we stuck them in their room while we got the gifts in the drawers and sure enought DD4 ran right to them to look to see what was left for them
This year for DD4 Cinderella left her a personalized jacket (we were there the end of Sept so I knew they would need jackets by the time we got home), a water bottle and PJ's. DS2 rec'd the same but from Mickey and they were all Mickey Mouse items.
I also had small gift bags for each DS2 rec'd Cars coloring book, crayons, notebook, Buzz play cell phone, Buzz flashlight and Woody socks. DD4 rec'd her bag from Ariel and it was Ariel hairclips, comb, stickers, princess ring and bracelet and Ariel necklace set from the Disney Store.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #8
psac
DIS Veteran

I thought this thread was about adult beverages! Moving on....
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #9
allstonsmommy
Mouseketeer

We also drive and I never thought about waiting until we get close and stopping by Wal-mart, Thanks!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
auralia
DIS Veteran

I am doing something a bit different. I bought 7 little princess dolls for DD (25$) and 10 toy cars for DS (14$) and one will be waiting for them every morning from "tinkerbell".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: