Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
goofymommy47
Earning My Ears

Last minute Disney trip

Hi everyone! I have just decided to tag along on my husbands upcoming work trip to Orlando in a few weeks. he will be stuck at a conference while DS1 and I take in the Disney sights during the day and hopefully we will be able to spend some family time together in the evenings). We will be staying at Pop dec 13-15. Does anyone have any ideas about things for me and DS1 to do during the day? DH will have the car and I am planning on taking the bus to DTD one day to shop for Christmas gifts. I am not planning on doing any of the parks as it is just me and an almost one year old. We took DS to Disney in September for one night to see how he would like it, so this will technically not be his first trip. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
goofymommy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #2
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymommy47 View Post
Hi everyone! I have just decided to tag along on my husbands upcoming work trip to Orlando in a few weeks. he will be stuck at a conference while DS1 and I take in the Disney sights during the day and hopefully we will be able to spend some family time together in the evenings). We will be staying at Pop dec 13-15. Does anyone have any ideas about things for me and DS1 to do during the day? DH will have the car and I am planning on taking the bus to DTD one day to shop for Christmas gifts. I am not planning on doing any of the parks as it is just me and an almost one year old. We took DS to Disney in September for one night to see how he would like it, so this will technically not be his first trip. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
if you are not going into the parks, you might want to take DS1 around to the deluxe resorts to see the Christmas decorations.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 01:28 AM   #3
JessieJones
Earning My Ears

I think the Christmas decorations are a must see for everyone who are around the park at that time
JessieJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:00 AM   #4
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

A nice lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofymommy47 View Post
Does anyone have any ideas about things for me and DS1 to do during the day? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
First off, welcome to DIS goofymommy47!!

As the PPs suggested, touring the deluxe resorts on the monorail is fun, then you could hop a bus to Studios and walk/take a boat to the Boardwalk and tour the resorts there. Maybe a nice lunch somewhere for you and DS1.

Enjoy!!!

2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
goofymommy47
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! We will for sure be touring around the deluxe resorts to check out the decorations!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM   #6
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Remember to visit (if you have time) the ones not on the monorail. There are few photos of the EPCOT resorts on this blog post.

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/11/...-buddy-chicks/
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #7
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

You know there is a bridge that connects the Pops with the Art of Animation resort. You could take a walk over to the AOA and check out the resort.

Here is a link with info about the AOA

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...&highlight=aoa

If you look in the middle-top portion of the map you will see the bridge that links the two resorts. Its located right above the "E"

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014

Last edited by Shelly F - Ohio; 12-01-2012 at 08:24 AM.
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 PM   #8
goofymommy47
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips! I am for sure planning to check out AoA. I m very excited to see everything at that resort, especially the food court. I am hoping to get a good Christmas card picture somewhere, does anyone have any suggestions for a nice location to take a snap shot?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 PM   #9
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran

You might want to check out the camping board. Some of the decorations at Fort Wilderness appear to be AMAZING! We never knew about those before, so I think we need to plan another Christmas visit for next year. I will have to blame this one on the dis..... LOL!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:19 PM   #10
dvcpa
Earning My Ears

I agree with checking out the Christmas decorations.

If you are trying to kill some time while in downtown disney you could take a boat ride from there to SSR, I believe. I don't know if they have much in the way of Christmas decoration, but the boat ride is nice.
dvcpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM   #11
gules
Crazy for my hero

The Grand Floridian always looks spectacular this time of the year, and if I remember correctly should have a small gingerbread house from which they sell panes of gingerbread. If you can time it so there aren't too many people around, it could be a nice shot. The trick is that they're usually so busy you might have to wait a while!

I also once stayed at AKL and thought their tree very unique. The lighting is a little dimmer, though, so it might be tough to get a good shot.
gules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
goofydisneygal
Earning My Ears

Downtown Disney has the Legoland store and there are sometimes performers around there ... always good people watching and nice to walk around and poke around things so great place for a stroller walk!
2011 - Private House
2012 - Gaylord Palms
2013 - Wilderness Lodge & Disney Dream

DVC Member

(7) (10)
goofydisneygal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: