Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
ChancesAre
Earning My Ears

Mama Melrose/Osborne Lights at closing time

We have a 7:50 p.m. Mama Melrose reservation on a night that HS closes at 8:00 p.m. Will the Osborne Lights still be on by the time we walk out of the restaurant? If so, is it possible to walk down the Streets of America on our way out?

Thanks in advance for any input!
ChancesAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
jworkkul
DIS Veteran

If you are going to dinner 10 minutes before the park closes my guess is that everything will be roped off or CMs directing traffic from the resturant to the exit of the park when you finish eating. I don't think Disney will want random people walking into places where they are trying to clean up (especially around the back of the park where the lights are located.)
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
ChancesAre
Earning My Ears

From looking at the map of DHS, it looks like Mama Melrose's is on the back side of Streets of America, so was just wondering if that's the exit you can take when you leave the restaurant, down the Streets of America, or if you exit the other direction, which is on the back side of Streets of America. I know we won't be able to wander randomly. Just asking for others' experiences in this situation, whether the lights are still on and whether that's the exit you take to get out or not.
ChancesAre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

When I was there on Nov. 9th, 2012 I saw the 8pm Fantasmic and then was able to go to the Osborne Lights afterwards and look around.

There were no photopass photographers then but the lights were still lit up. At 9pm they were turned off.

DHS had a closing time of 8pm.

So I'm not sure if the lights will still be on for you to enjoy if they continue turning them off an hour after the park closes.
They could have also turned them off at 9pm because that was the night of the party for the marathon racers and they wanted to get us all out of the park before the marathoners arrived.

So you could see if the lights are still on once you leave Mama Melrose but maybe have a plan to see them another night if they aren't on or if you aren't allowed to go that way.

Connie

Doing a quick weekend trip to see the Osborne Lights in December - staying offsite this time.

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: