Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #16
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickkypoo View Post
Hi Dena,

I was there last January, and will be back in less than 2 weeks.

I went with mostly capri's and tshirts. I brought a light hooded sweater to wear in the early mornings and a couple pairs of paints in case it got really cold. The cold doesn't bother me so much, and I even went swimming that trip. I plan on dressing much the same this trip.

Well, I rambled on too much.

But I just wanted to add that the cold doesn't bother me at all either. And that's why the cold of that one year shocked me. It was 50 some days - and that 50 in the day is nothing like 50 here. And I wear clogs with bare feet here all winter.

And it was 29 two nights.

I was so jealous chickkypoo of last year. Totally different. I was at home thinking "oh why can't I be there?" Perfect temperatures.

So once again I've been many times from December - February and went swimming and wore summer clothes and didn't seem cold at all. But if it's really low do know it's nothing like here and you need the extras and will feel it - I still shake my head remembering that year. However, it was a fantastic holiday. The best. And the skies are magical there with those temperatures at sunset.

Here's the TR from that time to highlight that the temperatures can be all over the place even in one trip. On Christmas Day I was in a summer dress. On the 26th......can't even explain.

I was staying in Collingwood, ON that year. And we had no snow at all and then it snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed that week and I barely made it out. What wonderful memories.

Great trip. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2626545

Last edited by lisaviolet; 11-30-2012 at 10:42 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #17
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Thank you all so much for the replies. Means a lot and it's very informative to see all the different experiences you all have had. So i will take everyones advice & pack so we can layer. I am just trying to plan how to pack everything into one suitcase/person and have enough for the 13 days we are there. might have to suck it up and pay for one extra bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
Hi!

First I hate that you put Canada down instead of exactly where you are because so many Americans have this notion that it's all winter wonderland for a lot of the year. And many are totally unaware that we have so many different climates.
I apologize for clumping all of Canada into one because truly our temperatures vary as much as the USA so to get the best perspective from you all I should have at least stated I am from Saskatchewan. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

Jan in Orlando is like April/May in the prairies, bring capris, and bring a sweater, but also be okay with tank tops and shorts!
Thanks so much! That is very helpful

Disney Trips:
DLR: BOOKED!!! Oct 22-29 2014!
WDW: 01/2013 AllStar Music, 04/1994 Off-site,
Tokyo Disney Resort: aiming for may 2016
Me(Dena) DBF(Greg) DD11(Kierra) (Jack aka Jack-OLantern)
DenaRox is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: