Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #76
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationStrategyllc View Post
Finally she paid her 150 dollar deposit at 6:25 pm on Wednesday, 25 minutes after our standard business hours. At this point, next morning the unit was no longer available. We called her multiple times on Thursday and informed her the unit was not available and that we would refund the deposit immediately, which we did. This is our standard procedure as availability is always changing.
...I am confused....why is OP claiming she lost 2000.00?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #77
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2

Not sure... Some folks think that she may be including her airfare but that would not be accurate since she could recoup the cost of her airline tickets by rescheduling her trip with the airline.
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #78
goofyfigment
DIS Veteran

So basically (correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing she doesnt have is a hotel room. This seems like an easy enough remedy. She may not get a discount but im sure she can still get a room and go on her trip. I just booked at POP for December 30-January 1st. Sure its not discounted but it was available. It also wasnt my first choice in hotels either, but im going to Disney and that's all that matters. Life is too short to get all bent out of sorts over little things. Find a new hotel, take your flight and use your park tickets. I dont think your daughters will care where you stay as long as you are going
1984 First Visit Off Site 1987 Off Site 1996 All Star Sports 1997 Howard Johnson Enchantedland 1998 The Spas @ Resort World 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH 2007 Sheraton Vistana Villages and HRH 2008 Parkway International and RPR 2009 All Star Sports 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas 2011 Club Seville 2011 All Star Sports 2012 Sheraton Vistana Resort and Windsor Hills 2012 Westgate Leisure Resort and POP 2013 Westgate Vacation Villas 2013 Birthday trip Royal Pacific 2013 Portofino Bay 2013 POP 2013 All Star Movies 2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas 2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Boardwalk Villas2014 Vacation Villas At Fantasyworld2014 Bay Lake Towers2014 Wilderness Lodge Villas2014 Saratoga Springs2014 Fantasy World Vacation Villas2014 Disney All Star Sports2014Royal Pacific Resort
goofyfigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:12 AM   #79
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
My understanding is she's saying that she lost what she paid VS, because they didn't have a room for her, so now she is going to have to cancel the entire trip, because it's too late to get a discount elsewhere on property and she can't afford to stay without one, so will lose the price of her park tickets and airfare also. She's also saying that VS kept her money (still not sure why she had paid the full amount prior to getting a confirmation number though).

oops, no, in post #40 she says she she's going to have to come up with 'another $2000.00 for a room' and that she has a receipt showing she paid VS 'in full'. Then in another post she said she will also be losing the price of their park tickets, air fare, and I think maybe MVMCP tickets. According the VS post though, they say she only paid the $150.00 deposit, which they refunded the day after she paid it, because the villa she wanted was no longer available. She had apparently asked for several quotes, changing her mind some, then when she finally booked online, it was after hours. When VS found the ressie the next morning during regular working hours, they found the villa was no longer available for her dates, so tried repeatedly to call her to tell her they were refunding her deposit. She then got mad, because they could not provide her with the villa she wanted and she had already canceled her previous ressie at Ft Wilderness, so is saying they are a scam and ruined her kids vacation.

I think she may have burned her bridges with VS, but there are still other reasonable options for lodging down there. Oct 27th-Nov 4th, we stayed in a one bedroom villa at Westgate Town Center, just one mile outside Disney property for $400.00 (plus a $50.00 transfer in fee) for seven nights. I already had a room booked at CBR, but a coworker was going to lose some weeks in Dec and offered me a deal too good to pass up. Since then, I've checked into renting there again and have found some pretty good prices (cheaper than even a value resort on property). My coworker has already offered it to me again for our trip next fall. I'm not sure if I'm going to take her up on it or if I might book through VS again, to be closer on property.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-02-2012 at 11:36 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #80
andysomma1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
First I just want to say thank you to those that have responded to this thread in our favor, we appreciate the honesty, testimonials and business. I am sure many of you are trying to figure out what transpired here and what steps you need to take in booking a vacation with us. Amy was looking for accommodations at Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Fl. We sent her availability along with a 4 quotes as she changed her check in date 2 times and villa size 1 time. Finally she paid her 150 dollar deposit at 6:25 pm on Wednesday, 25 minutes after our standard business hours. At this point, next morning the unit was no longer available. We called her multiple times on Thursday and informed her the unit was not available and that we would refund the deposit immediately, which we did. This is our standard procedure as availability is always changing.
I personally have all kinds of problems with OP's story and thought from the beginning that it was mostly exaggeration. I must ask this however, not wanting to start another huge debate, but how do we know this is actually Vacation Strategy LLC? This is after all an anonymous message board, and anyone could create a profile using their name.
andysomma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #81
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysomma1 View Post
I personally have all kinds of problems with OP's story and thought from the beginning that it was mostly exaggeration. I must ask this however, not wanting to start another huge debate, but how do we know this is actually Vacation Strategy LLC? This is after all an anonymous message board, and anyone could create a profile using their name.
I guess it's possible but unlikely in my opinion. There seems to be a lot of details to be made up. I think they probably wanted to clear their names since many have found then through this board.

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #82
rutgers1
DIS Veteran

I run a website with a large forum in my spare time. One of my advertisers was recently taken to task for an issue that turned out to be a lot less cut-and-dry than the person complaining led everyone to believe.
rutgers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 PM   #83
DavidNYC
DIS Veteran

Also appears based on grammar, spelling and coherence there might be some language issue that the OP had some misunderstanding with how everything worked. Definitely didn't quite make sense.

Staying for a week next week through VS and had to call resort to make a request and everything was all set with my reservation with them. No problems.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:03 AM   #84
darryl2008
Earning My Ears

Quote:
First I just want to say thank you to those that have responded to this thread in our favor, we appreciate the honesty, testimonials and business. I am sure many of you are trying to figure out what transpired here and what steps you need to take in booking a vacation with us. Amy was looking for accommodations at Bonnet Creek in Orlando, Fl. We sent her availability along with a 4 quotes as she changed her check in date 2 times and villa size 1 time. Finally she paid her 150 dollar deposit at 6:25 pm on Wednesday, 25 minutes after our standard business hours. At this point, next morning the unit was no longer available. We called her multiple times on Thursday and informed her the unit was not available and that we would refund the deposit immediately, which we did. This is our standard procedure as availability is always changing.

This Darryl booked the reservation. I do have some questions if you could answer them I would appreciate it so I myself have a better understanding of what happened. This email was sent from your company too me.

From: Vacation Strategy LLC <quotes@vacationstrategy.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Subject: We Found Your Request for a 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Bonnet Creek
On top of the quote you sent me this was stated
Great News
We found your requested dates! We placed a temporary 24 hour hold on your villa, so if you want it, please use the link below to pay your initial deposit.
This is what I paid one hour later.
Visa
Date/Time: 28-Nov-2012 18:24:52 EST
Transaction ID: 4819998307

We paid the deposit within the hour. I have provided a receipt of the transaction. You state there is a 24-hour hold on reservation and we paid the monies so why are you not honoring the reservation. Amy is very upset over this whole situation since we cancelled our other reservation thinking we had this one since there was a 24-hour hold and we paid. So my question to your company is how many other people have paid deposits and actually do or do not have a reservation since it is on a 24 hour hold then been paid with a dated and timed receipt of the transaction.
Thank you
darryl2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #85
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl2008

This Darryl booked the reservation. I do have some questions if you could answer them I would appreciate it so I myself have a better understanding of what happened. This email was sent from your company too me.

From: Vacation Strategy LLC <quotes@vacationstrategy.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Subject: We Found Your Request for a 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Bonnet Creek
On top of the quote you sent me this was stated
Great News
We found your requested dates! We placed a temporary 24 hour hold on your villa, so if you want it, please use the link below to pay your initial deposit.
This is what I paid one hour later.
Visa
Date/Time: 28-Nov-2012 18:24:52 EST
Transaction ID: 4819998307

We paid the deposit within the hour. I have provided a receipt of the transaction. You state there is a 24-hour hold on reservation and we paid the monies so why are you not honoring the reservation. Amy is very upset over this whole situation since we cancelled our other reservation thinking we had this one since there was a 24-hour hold and we paid. So my question to your company is how many other people have paid deposits and actually do or do not have a reservation since it is on a 24 hour hold then been paid with a dated and timed receipt of the transaction.
Thank you
This is definitely a shame and I'm sure a trying time for you all. I hope you will be able to book elsewhere so that you can still have a wonderful trip to Disney this year!! I would definitely go ahead and book something else ASAP....... There are still great places out there!!!

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ x 2
2015 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #86
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

So was your deposit refunded or not?
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #87
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know who this is, but could you imagine if this was really VS? Giving all the details of your private transaction on a major board? Basically blaming it on YOU if not everything went right? I hope no one really believes this is the real VS! I myself have contacted them in the past, and they always said they put the villa on hold for 24 hours, so she still would have been just fine. This poster is a fake.

OP, I an not sure what happened here, because that is a very respected company. Definitely dispute those charges if not refunded, but also keep in mind that refunds can take two or the months unfortunately. If you can, find another cheaper hotel: we stated at holiday inn when i was younger and I still have excellent memories of those trips. You can also try Priceline. Sounds like you really need to find a place, since airfare is not refundable and that's a lot of money if you cancel.

The best of luck to you.

Last edited by ZehnJahren; 12-03-2012 at 08:55 AM.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #88
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know who this is, but could you imagine if this was really VS? Giving all the details of your private transaction on a major board? Basically blaming it on YOU if not everything went right? I hope no one really believes this is the real VS!

OP, I an not sure what happened here, because that is a very respected company. Definitely dispute those charges if not refunded, but also keep in mind that refunds can take two or the months unfortunately. If you can, find another cheaper hotel: we stated at holiday inn when i was younger and I still have excellent memories of those trips. You can also try Priceline. Sounds like you really need to find a place, since airfare is not refundable and that's a lot of money if you cancel.

The best of luck to you.
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:31 AM   #89
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl2008 View Post
This Darryl booked the reservation. I do have some questions if you could answer them I would appreciate it so I myself have a better understanding of what happened.
My guess is that, if it's true you made multiple changes, the hold was put on the wrong one. If VS works like other rental agencies I've worked with, then it's a two-layer process; you reserve with Vacation Strategy, then VS reserves with Wyndham. The more changes you put through that, the more opportunities for error. It may be that 4:53 timestamped request was the last you made, in which case it's VS or Wyndham's error, or it may be that you changed your request after the 4:53 one, and so they dropped that reservation and made another one -- at least with the systems I've worked with, only the last reservation you made would have a hold on it.

In other words, if you change your reservation, they will drop the earlier one and make a new one. That original hold is gone, and if they don't get the new reservation, you don't have anything on hold. If you want to go back to the earlier one, it's no longer on hold, so they will have to make a new reservation for that one, which may or may not be available. I know in my system, if someone calls up and wants to change their reservation, sometimes switching to a new one and then back in the same call can lose the original reservation. People post warnings of that right regular for newbies, because new owners don't always realize that's how it works and think they can switch back and forth at their leisure. Sometimes you can -- but your original reservation can also be snapped up in those few minutes you're not holding it.

So if you're renting Timeshares, don't cancel any other reservation until you have a confirmed reservation -- not just a hold. You only have a hold on that precise reservation, and if you change your reservation, that hold goes away.

That's why people are asking if VS refunded your money or not. If VS refunded your money, then they have fulfilled their responsibilities. The reservation didn't work out, is all. But if the reservation didn't work out, and they didn't refund your money, then you were cheated. Otherwise, it was just a mixup, a miscommunication. Very unfortunate, but no one deliberately wronged anyone.

Last edited by shalom; 12-03-2012 at 09:37 AM.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #90
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Before the new rules many airlines would offer a courtesy hold. Some airlines would hold the reservation for 24 hours, some would hold it until midnight.

ZehnJahren--The OP already gave "details" regarding her transactions with VS. I don't have an issue if VS decides to give their side of the story.

edited to add VS didn't post the OPs full name, address, number of kids, phone number, email address or credit card information. I don't think VS posted any personal information.

Looks like OP attempted to book the trip within a month. Maybe the 24 hour courtesy hold isn't applicable

Last edited by Lewisc; 12-03-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote