Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #31
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyw8863 View Post
That's unfortunate. We had a minor issue with them in that we were told it would be no problem to change our dates by one night, but when we did, we were then told that the night wasn't available for a 4br presidential, which is what we had for the rest of the week. We bought our plane tickets based on their information, so it wasn't like we could change the dates back. At any rate, 24 stressful hours later, the folks at VS were bending over backwards to accommodate us and offered to refund our deposit in full if we weren't happy with the resolution. The contact was great throughout the situation, and we received multiple phone calls to make sure that we were okay with how things worked out. I'm sorry that things didn't work out similarly for you.
Glad to hear everything worked out for you.... It seems to me that if you have a presidential villa you are fine from what people are saying. Thank you
AmyC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #32
DSLRuser
Age is a state of mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC2010 View Post
I have the receipt but I noticed on the receipt it says its from infusion soft.... not vacation strategy.
A quick google search shows that company as a simple 3rd party billing company. They have all the software set up to collect cc payments for small businesses who have a web presence but not a full accounting solution.

Not a problem. Don't worry.
Port Orleans FQ x3
Coranado Springs
Caribbean Beach Club
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian Resort
<<Disney Wonder>>
Marriot Sable Palms x 4
Marriot Royal Palms x 4
Bonnet Creek x 3
Marriot Cypress Harbor x 2
Marriot Grande Vista
DSLRuser is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #33
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

I am still really confused about what actually happened. When I made my final payment at 50 days out, VS immediately sent me a receipt from them. Less than an hour later, I received a confirmation from Wyndham with my name on the reservation. Yes, I booked a 3bedroom presidential. What I am not understanding is the timeframe and your booking. I saw your earlier post dated 11/1 saying that you were inquiring about Disney discounts b/c you needed to change your plans. Did you pay in full at the time of booking because you were so close to your arrival date? Is VS still working on getting you a reservation?
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC; WBC Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #34
JessLCH
DIS Veteran

If VS does not refund you aor honor your reservation, you absolutely can file a credit card claim and will likely be comentpsated. Credit cards are usually very good about protecting customers in such situations. I would definitely file a cc claim if this does not work out.

I will say we had NO official confirmation from Wyndham at all before arrival but called VS and they explained that our Rez would not be in the system until a couple days before arrival even though we had made final payment. This was a little unsettling because it was not what was in the paperwork. I was not too worried based on positive reviews here. the day before check in or maybe even the morning of, I called WBC to be sure our reservation was in the system correctly and it was. We had no issues at check in.

Wilderness Lodge Villas (2/07, 2/09, 12/13, 9/14)
Grand Californian Villas (8/10)
Saratoga Springs Resort (11/11)
Disney Dream (2/12)
Royal Pacific Resort Universal ( 2/12, 9/14)
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Presidential (11/12)
Disneyland Hotel (8/13)
Bay Lake Tower (10/13, 11/14)
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (1/14)
Aulani (8/14)
Grand Floridian Villas (1/15)
JessLCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 AM   #35
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Cool

Quote:
I have the receipt but I noticed on the receipt it says its from infusion soft.... not vacation strategy.
Still not sure about your complaint concerning Vacation Stategy.

Based on your receipt stating it is from a different company ...
is Vacation Strategy ... even involved?

Bottom Line ... so sorry to hear your Vacation Planning ...

has been disrupted ... sincerely hope all goes well.

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place

Last edited by ibob52; 12-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #36
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
I was worried after I read on another board about VS and since its two weeks since we were leaving I checked on my reservation and found out there was no reservation....Even though i have a receipt. Like I said no comments have been posted to VS website since the first of the year. I should have known better my own fault. Very sad. Times are really tuff right now for companies who knows what happened. I lost money i know that.
A couple of days ago, I paid the $150.00 deposit for my May trip and the email I got from them said the balance is not due until I get the confirmation from Wyndham, which I should get 10-20 days prior to arrival. Did you go ahead and pay them in full, even though you didn't have the confirmation from Wyndham? I know they are not getting my money until I get that Wyndham confirmation and know I have a reservation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher03 View Post
Are you sure you don't have a reservation? The reason I ask is because I didn't get my confirmation until about 10 days out. As soon as VS gave me the confirmation I called Bonnet Creek and my reservation was there. Maybe you're just not in the system yet.
That's what I was thinking. According to my receipt I should be getting my confirmation from Wyndham 10-20 days out from arrival, at which time full payment to Vacations Strategy is due. You're not supposed to pay anything other than the $150.00 deposit, until you get your confirmation from Wyndham.

Quote:
My quote had infusion soft, but after I paid the deposit I got a receipt that has Vacation Strategy on it with all my info (dates, rate, amount paid, amount due, their names, and how to contact them by both phone and fax, if I have any questions).

Last edited by aubriee; 12-01-2012 at 04:25 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:52 AM   #37
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
they took my monies and did not hold up to their end of the deal. I contacted BBB they have many complaints.
Quote:
First I would like to say just because a company has an A- doesnt mean that they are a bad/good company you have to read on how they rate the complaints.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
The company has an A- rating with BBB and hasn't had any complaints in the past 3 years. That's zero complaints.
Quote:
They are also LLC because it protects them as a company incase of loss. Even if I wanted to go to court or they disappear in the wind I have no chance of getting anything.
There haven't been any complaints regarding VS. Assuming everything yo posted is accurate you should have no problems getting a credit card chargeback.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #38
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLRuser View Post
A quick google search shows that company as a simple 3rd party billing company. They have all the software set up to collect cc payments for small businesses who have a web presence but not a full accounting solution.

Not a problem. Don't worry.
Thank you
Old 12-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #39
shell8558
DIS Veteran

I booked through them the week of Memorial day and had no problems. The only thing that made me nervous was that I didnt receive my reservation information until 1-2 weeks before my arrival date. However I did call and speak with them and it appears that is normal. (There were many threads that discussed this)
Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 AM   #40
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
There haven't been any complaints regarding VS. Assuming everything yo posted is accurate you should have no problems getting a credit card chargeback.
Lewis,
everything I have posted is accurate if you would I can't show post my receit that it was paid in full and the monies never made it to Bonnett Creek like they should have. I really don't appreciate your posts again and again that what I am saying is not correct. This is our first trip to Disney my girls are 8 and 9 they are very excited i had a reservation all in place but this company contacted me and wanted my business so I cancelled my other reservation that we have had for over a year now and went with them now I am back to square one. They took my monies and now still not paid back as of today. The gentleman with the company VS hung up on me wont return my calls. So now I have to come up wiith another 2000.00 dollars to find another hotel room...... At this point I am going to have to tell my girls we can't go. I have been saving for this trip for over a year. So really at this point the last thing i need right now is you telling me assuming what you are saying is true IM TELLING YOU THIS COMPANY TOOK MY MONIES AND NOW WE HAVE TO CANCELL OUR TRIP DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WANT I DON'T GIVE A RATS *** WHAT THE BBB SAYS. I have done nothing but cried all night long... its going to break their hearts. not to mention mine. so thank you for all the great support
Old 12-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #41
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Lewis,
everything I have posted is accurate if you would I can't show post my receit that it was paid in full and the monies never made it to Bonnett Creek like they should have. I really don't appreciate your posts again and again that what I am saying is not correct. This is our first trip to Disney my girls are 8 and 9 they are very excited i had a reservation all in place but this company contacted me and wanted my business so I cancelled my other reservation that we have had for over a year now and went with them now I am back to square one. They took my monies and now still not paid back as of today. The gentleman with the company VS hung up on me wont return my calls. So now I have to come up wiith another 2000.00 dollars to find another hotel room...... At this point I am going to have to tell my girls we can't go. I have been saving for this trip for over a year. So really at this point the last thing i need right now is you telling me assuming what you are saying is true IM TELLING YOU THIS COMPANY TOOK MY MONIES AND NOW WE HAVE TO CANCELL OUR TRIP DO WITH IT WHAT YOU WANT I DON'T GIVE A RATS *** WHAT THE BBB SAYS. I have done nothing but cried all night long... its going to break their hearts. not to mention mine. so thank you for all the great support
i know your going to wonder why its so expensive we were going for two weeks plus the cost of MVMCP and other tickets i have already purchased
Old 12-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #42
aubriee

Quote:
Lewis,
Since VS policy is that you pay just the deposit at booking, then you don't pay anything else until you get the confirmation from Wyndham, how did VS get $2000.00 of your money? and $200.00 seems awfully high anyway. I'll be there 11 days and am just paying $895.00. oops, nevermind, I just saw you are including tickets in that $2000.00.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-01-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:47 AM   #43
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Since VS policy is that you pay just the deposit at booking, then you don't pay anything else until you get the confirmation from Wyndham, how did VS get $2000.00 of your money?
I paid the deposit then some how to my understading it is very confusing another email was generated and i needed to pay in full so I did and now they have no idea where the email came from its just a mess. I do alot of business on line and I have never had any issues like this. I tried to explain it to the VS sent the correct paperwork but now it needs to be investigated ect. so we are 30 days I might get me monies back and we are suppose to leave in 14 days not to mention the 1,500 dollars i have tied up in air I just don't know if or when I should tell the girls..... they are going to be so disappointed. Learned a lesson though not dealing with anyone but hotels from now on lol.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #44
aubriee

Quote:
I paid the deposit then some how to my understading it is very confusing another email was generated and i needed to pay in full so I did and now they have no idea where the email came from its just a mess. I do alot of business on line and I have never had any issues like this. I tried to explain it to the VS sent the correct paperwork but now it needs to be investigated ect. so we are 30 days I might get me monies back and we are suppose to leave in 14 days not to mention the 1,500 dollars i have tied up in air I just don't know if or when I should tell the girls..... they are going to be so disappointed. Learned a lesson though not dealing with anyone but hotels from now on lol.
Hmm, wonder where that second email came from. Both the quote they first sent me, then the receipt for my deposit specifically said that the balance was not due until after I received the confirmation from Wyndham about 10-20 days before my trip. That balance was even highlighted in a different color and that paragraph was spaced out to bring attention both to the balance and also to the fact that I was not to pay it until after I had received the Wyndham confirmation. Something else that is odd is you said they contacted you. How did they get in touch with you to begin with? I had to email them asking for a quote and from what I've read, they have a very good business and would not need to contact people asking for business. I wonder if that first contact was actually from VS and not some scammer.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #45
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Hmm, wonder where that second email came from. Both the quote they first sent me, then the receipt for my deposit specifically said that the balance was not due until after I received the confirmation from Wyndham about 10-20 days before my trip. Something else that is odd is you said they contacted you. How did they get in touch with you to begin with. I had to email them asking for a quote and from what I've read they have a very good business and would not need to contact people asking for business. I wonder of that first contact was actually from VS and not some scammer.

Just found this on the internet very interesting where they scammed someone else.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/time-sha...acat-4be5w.htm