Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #16
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

their is no failure to communicate. I thought I have had a reservation now we are leaving on the 12th of Dec. we have no reservation anywhere and I missed out on all the parks deals. I am still just amazed...........our first trip to disney for two weeks now I am trying to find a place to stay... it really has but a damper on this vacation.
AmyC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #17
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

boy so sorry this happened to you.

have never heard this about this company.

can you call back and ask to speak to the owner of the company.

you would think they would explain what happened.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
boy so sorry this happened to you.

have never heard this about this company.

can you call back and ask to speak to the owner of the company.

you would think they would explain what happened.
I was worried after I read on another board about VS and since its two weeks since we were leaving I checked on my reservation and found out there was no reservation....Even though i have a receipt. Like I said no comments have been posted to VS website since the first of the year. I should have known better my own fault. Very sad. Times are really tuff right now for companies who knows what happened. I lost money i know that.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:18 PM   #19
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

By the way thank you... I'm sorry too.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #20
Don Disney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC2010 View Post
their is no failure to communicate. I thought I have had a reservation now we are leaving on the 12th of Dec. we have no reservation anywhere and I missed out on all the parks deals. I am still just amazed...........our first trip to disney for two weeks now I am trying to find a place to stay... it really has but a damper on this vacation.
I can't speak for anyone else,but I won't be dealing with them now-was considering it,but I'll take my chances with the ol' sit 3 hours thru a timeshare presentation,get a discount rate,and a couple of free tickets to boot!I read a lot of posts on this board"praising"this company,but I have been sceptical about them from GO! Thanks for the heads up-Sorry you got taken.If I were you,I would put someone on their backs to get the money back.If you paid with credit card,have the charges disputed!! Push come to shove-cancel the trip and reschedule if you can.Sorry again.
Don Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

We rented from Vacation Strategy in June and would not hesitate to rent from them again. I'm not a friend or family, so no reason to give a positive review other than it is well deserved. So not a scam.

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
Teacher03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was worried after I read on another board about VS and since its two weeks since we were leaving I checked on my reservation and found out there was no reservation....Even though i have a receipt. Like I said no comments have been posted to VS website since the first of the year. I should have known better my own fault. Very sad. Times are really tuff right now for companies who knows what happened. I lost money i know that.
Are you sure you don't have a reservation? The reason I ask is because I didn't get my confirmation until about 10 days out. As soon as VS gave me the confirmation I called Bonnet Creek and my reservation was there. Maybe you're just not in the system yet.

Early 1970's-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1994-Fort Wilderness Cabins
May 1998-Boardwalk
July 2005-Cypress Point
June 2006-Pop Century
June 2007-All Star Movies-All girls trip!
June 2009! Windsor Hills-All girls trip!
June 2012-Bonnet Creek
June 2013-Back at Bonnet Creek
Teacher03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #23
GusGus77
DIS Veteran

Op- did you try to call/contact the company again?
GusGus77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #24
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Disney View Post
I can't speak for anyone else,but I won't be dealing with them now-was considering it,but I'll take my chances with the ol' sit 3 hours thru a timeshare presentation,get a discount rate,and a couple of free tickets to boot!I read a lot of posts on this board"praising"this company,but I have been sceptical about them from GO! Thanks for the heads up-Sorry you got taken.If I were you,I would put someone on their backs to get the money back.If you paid with credit card,have the charges disputed!! Push come to shove-cancel the trip and reschedule if you can.Sorry again.
Thanks Don that's sweet. I have contacted Wyndham but their is nothing they can do... Which I knew. I read the praises also and was excited but like the gentleman told me from Wyndham how do you know those people are real people lol. I am still surprised but need to move on and figure out what we are going to do next. The kids don't realize it so I guess that's all that matters. Its just put a damper on our first trip to disney.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM   #25
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher03 View Post
Are you sure you don't have a reservation? The reason I ask is because I didn't get my confirmation until about 10 days out. As soon as VS gave me the confirmation I called Bonnet Creek and my reservation was there. Maybe you're just not in the system yet.
OH no I am positive i don't have the reservation the manager at VS hung up on me and wont return any of my calls. Its just a mess.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #26
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
unless you sent them an envelope full of cash, I'm thinking that either your credit card or paypal would be willing to take up your cause. If you used a credit card, i have found that in disputes with merchants, the credit card companies will often go to bat for you.

It really sucks what has happened to you, and it poisons the well for everyone else.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #27
manhattanman
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher03 View Post
That is what I thought as well but it appears that it is VS who is saying they dont have a reservation. That being the case I cant understand their reticence to refund the deposit for a non existent reservation.
manhattanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #28
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

They are also LLC because it protects them as a company incase of loss. Even if I wanted to go to court or they disappear in the wind I have no chance of getting anything.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
kellyw8863
DIS Veteran

That's unfortunate. We had a minor issue with them in that we were told it would be no problem to change our dates by one night, but when we did, we were then told that the night wasn't available for a 4br presidential, which is what we had for the rest of the week. We bought our plane tickets based on their information, so it wasn't like we could change the dates back. At any rate, 24 stressful hours later, the folks at VS were bending over backwards to accommodate us and offered to refund our deposit in full if we weren't happy with the resolution. The contact was great throughout the situation, and we received multiple phone calls to make sure that we were okay with how things worked out. I'm sorry that things didn't work out similarly for you.

Maya (DD) - 9 Ali (DD - Wishkid) - 7

kellyw8863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #30
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhattanman View Post
That is what I thought as well but it appears that it is VS who is saying they dont have a reservation. That being the case I cant understand their reticence to refund the deposit for a non existent reservation.
I have the receipt but I noticed on the receipt it says its from infusion soft.... not vacation strategy.