Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Smile Vacation Strategy post on 11/29

I would like to thank everyone for all the information. I have received my deposit back. As far as my experience with this company, I will not recommend them to anyone. I still am not sure how they can charge your credit card the deposit send you a receipt then tell you that you do not have a reservation after they sent you confirmation. This is our first trip to the Orlando area for our family and it was upsetting thinking we were all set with our stay then find out we do not have a reservation with VS. Even more confusing I received their automated emails (as they as) for two rentals that are available for the same time we were booking. I am not sure what happened. We are actually staying at Orange Lake we have a two bedroom Villa thank you Orange Lake for all your help. For our second week, we are staying at Fort Wilderness. Thank you to Disney for making that happens.
Scan was not the best word to use and I apologize. If anyone books with VS, I would make sure you definitely have a reservation and talk to someone to confirm since my confirmation from VS really meant nothing.
AmyC2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #2
ibob52
Original Mickey Mouse Club ... Mouseketeer

Smile

Good to hear ... you all are going to have a Disney vacation.

Hope you have a Wonderful time ... Best wishes.

It's a Dog eat Dog world out there

Disney is my Happy ~ Place
ibob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
shalom
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear it all worked out. Hope you have a great time.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #4
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibob52 View Post
Good to hear ... you all are going to have a Disney vacation.

Hope you have a Wonderful time ... Best wishes.

Thank you
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #5
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Glad to hear it all worked out. Hope you have a great time.
Thank You
Old 12-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

According to the owner of this company -- on your OTHER thread attacking them -- they never charged you a penny...because you never made up your mind in time to actually make a reservation.

So what did they refund? How much, and in what form?
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #7
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
According to the owner of this company -- on your OTHER thread attacking them -- they never charged you a penny...because you never made up your mind in time to actually make a reservation.

So what did they refund? How much, and in what form?
The owner lied imagine that
Here is the receipt. with a date and time just to make you happy Since I was attacking them.
Thank you for your order!
Order Information
Merchant:Vacation Strategy LLC
Description:
for 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek checking in 12/20/2012 for 7 nights

Date/Time:
28-Nov-2012 18:24:52 EST
Transaction ID:

Old 12-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyC2010 View Post
Here is the receipt. with a date and time just to make you happy Since I was attacking them.
Order Information
Description:
for 2 Bedroom Deluxe Villa at Wyndham's Bonnet Creek checking in 12/20/2012 for 7 nights

Date/Time:
Transaction ID:

Sorry, but due to your inconsistencies in the other thread where you called them a scam, were caught in lies, other DIS boarders experiences with them, and even my own experience with them during the last few days, your credibility is pretty well shot. I have a reservation with Vacation Strategies for midMay and am not worried. The day before you wrote the post attacking them, I had made an online reservation with them. After seeing your post, I emailed them voicing concern. I was just expecting an email back in a day or two. Instead they looked up my ressie, got my cell phone number, and called me just a short while after I sent the email, assuring me everything was fine with my ressie. Then just a day or two later, I got an email from Rick himself, telling me he and his wife had just got back from a 7 day cruise, but wanted to reassure me himself that everything was fine with my reservation and he was very sorry you felt the need to bad mouth their company, that had never had a single complaint against it. That's what I call good service! Sorry, but I don't think Rick is the liar. I am glad things worked out for your trip though.

Last edited by aubriee; 12-06-2012 at 07:11 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
Lewisc

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Order Information
Description:

Date/Time:
Transaction ID:

You need to read carefully before you call people liars, accuse them of running a scam and misrepresent their BBB record.

The owner said he was able to void the transaction. Cancel it before your credit card was charged.

Quote:
Fact 3: After attempting to contact her several times the next morning we voided the transaction for the $150 with our credit card processor in the early afternoon.

No refund had to be issued since we voided the transaction before it could even be processed in the daily batch. If youre familiar with how merchant accounts work, you understand this, but if not, in simple terms we never actually settled her credit card for the $150. It was voided before being processed or deposited into our bank
You posted bad information yet again. Imagine that.
I wouldn't listen to your advice on anything. I don't recall a single poster, other then you, having an issue with VS.
Lewisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
auntmeme7577
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure why you needed to start another thread to say thank you and then slam Vacation Strategy
I have have used this company successfully and they are a class act
I think the tone of his factual response confirmed his credibility

Me DH : 6 Furbabies Hunter Daisy Dusty WoodyMonkeyboyPrincess Pretty
auntmeme7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #11
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post
You need to read carefully before you call people liars, accuse them of running a scam and misrepresent their BBB record.

The owner said he was able to void the transaction. Cancel it before your credit card was charged.

I wouldn't listen to your advice on anything. I don't recall a single poster, other then you, having an issue with VS.
I was going to say all this, but Lewisc, you did it more eloquently than I .

After being called out for posting that VS is a scam without any kind of hard facts (and further posting accusations that have since been proved to be false), I am amazed that the OP has proceeded, in a second thread, to publicly accuse the company of being "liars". So much for lessons learned.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
AmyC2010
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewisc View Post

I started another post to tell everyone that I did get my monies back that was all I wanted to do not start another bashing thread. Lewis I am sorry but he did charge me credit card and it was refunded back to my card two days ago from the company. I just read Ricks post he was not in the office he was on vacation and I am sure if he was this whole situation would have been handled differently. I had a bad experience with VS. I stand by what I say. I feel that Rick does not know the whole story because he was not in the office and really if he was that concerned over the situation he would have picked up the phone and called me. That is all I have to say and am no longer going to respond. I know what happened Rick was not their so he doesn't really know what happened either. I am happy other folks are having a great experience with VS I never thought I would have an issues either but I did.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #13
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Order Information
Description:

Date/Time:
Transaction ID:

No offense, but this doesn't mention one word about you paying anything.

I suspect you are very inexperienced with this kind of thing, things didn't work out the way you'd hoped, and you started a rant about the people you were trying to rent through...at one point implying they'd cheated you out of $2,000, which is not even remotely true.

I have yet to see any shred of evidence that you have any complaint against this company.

I know this is your family's first visit to WDW, and I'm sure we all hope you have a wonderful time. You are going to LOVE Ft. Wilderness!

Let this trivial disappointment go...move on...and have a great trip.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #14
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Amy, I understand you feel you have been wronged. You even stated in this thread you were not scammed. You need to go back to the original thread and edit your title, maybe something like "my negative experience with VS" or something like that, but you really need to take the word "scam" out of your thread title.
mrsksomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:54 PM   #15
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Amy, seriously. The owner did not lie, and you still do not understand what happened or how things work when renting TSs. I also notice that this quote is nearly identical to the one Darryl offered in the other thread, except it doesn't have the "incriminating" sentence that everyone else who has dealt with VS said doesn't exist. If that sentence wasn't there, not cool to add it.

mrsksomeday has a great suggestion that would demonstrate you really meant it when you said you recognized it was wrong to say you were scammed -- change your other thread title.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote