Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #16
dillydilly
Mouseketeer

We just got back from a stay at Pop. There were several Pop Warner groups there (sports and dance). A CM said that they try to isolate the groups to one area (i.e, 90's). She also said that it seems that they will have more groups in the coming future that they did not have in the past (I got the impression she was not thrilled about this). The kids were moderately loud but did quiet down in my area at around 11 pm. I know my trip was in November, but wanted to offer some insight based on my experience.
dillydilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #17
jsmla
DIS Veteran

The key thing for me was that Music was sold out of non-suite rooms, even at rack rates. Sports had availability for both preferred and standard rooms at the Passholder rate for my usual late January/early February week. I usually try to make a solo trip this time of year and I've never seen a resort book fully up like that! In 2010 they were practically giving away rooms at Music, I think my rate was $49/night and the place was half empty.

I considered Sports but, in the end went back to my comfort zone at Pop. I do feel like a sour old grump but I chaperoned those infamous cheer/dance groups for years. It wasn't only at WDW, either. I'm guessing we were also pretty darn annoying in New York, LA, Myrtle Beach and even Sydney, Australia, of all places. I would REALLY prefer to give them a miss now that my own rampaging teen is all grown up and has decided to abandon her 12 year old dream of becoming a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader in favor of med school ;-)
jsmla is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: