Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
daraweb
Mouseketeer

Best gluten free in the Boardwalk area?

Hi All,

I am looking for some recos for our upcoming March trip. We are new DVC members and have a daughter with celiac disease. We will be staying at the BC and have never stayed in this area before. We are SOOOO excited to be so close to the epcot restaurants and the boardwalk fun.

So, does anyone have any good or bad experiences they want to share of eating gluten free in this neck of the woods? Feel free to include the restaurants on the boardwalk and in the surrounding resorts!

Thanks so much!
Dara
daraweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
itradehilton
Mouseketeer

MY DS has Celiac and picked Disneyworld as a Graduation trip next year due to the ease of eating Gluten Free. In my signature line is a link to my partial Dinning review with pictures.

We had good experiences with
  • Flying Fish
  • yahtsman
  • Tokyo Dinning
  • Le Cellar
  • Electric cafe
  • leaning palm
  • Citros
  • Narrossee
  • Hoop dee doo
  • and many more

me DH: DS #1 DS #2
itradehilton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
mrsdrake625
Mouseketeer

I'm gluten intolerant, and we had good experiences practically everywhere, as you said you already know Disney is great w allergies!

Kouzzina was great, I thought I had ordered something that would be fine, but he came back and told me that it had some wheat in it. So they know what they are doing and at least in that case, double checked for me as well.

I was able to request gf Mickey waffles at both port Orleans and the all star movies breakfast areas so I would be shocked if you weren't able to do that anywhere else, like cape may or another breakfast location at an Epcot resort. It just had to be specially made and I waited a bit longer.

Biergarten had a very good selection on their buffet, but of course the risk is always cross contamination. It looked fairly safe the day I was the, but that can always change and it depends on how sensitive you are. They even had a gf dessert there!

Have fun! I am jealous that you are DVC owners

2012 Anniversary Trip: All Star Movies/Port Orleans Riverside/Offsite
2013 Surprise Trip!: Offsite
2014 Family Trip: Pop Century!

Blog:
http://snowcreamandsyrup.com
mrsdrake625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
snorris49
DIS Veteran

Kouzzina is one of my favs--they have great breakfast and some of the best eggs on property (I think it's the olive oil that they use). I also have had good luck at Cape May Cafe over at BC. At Epcot, I like Rose & Crown, Garden Grill, and Coral Reef. If you venture over to DHS, I would recommend 50's PT (can you say GF/DF fried chicken!? ) and Brown Derby--Mama Melrose is also good too.

The great part about that location is that there are a lot of great options around there.

Looking forward to other suggestions listed here!

Check out my Blog!:
http://glutenfreedairyfreewdw.blogspot.com/

snorris49 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: