Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
twinone
Mouseketeer

Best hotel for 7 near Port Canaveral?

Were going the night before the cruise to the port, there is 7 of us, 3 adults and 4 kids. I was thinking of trying some type of sweet plus a roll away vs getting two rooms. Any suggestions on if this can be done and best hotel to use? Thanks
twinone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Many hotels sell sweets in their gift shops or you can get them at nearby stores.

The CI&S, Residence Inn, and Best Western have suites that sleep 6. I'm not aware of whether or not they would allow a roll away for number 7. You also might want to price it out--you might do better with 2 rooms.

Which hotel you select might depend on how you plan on getting to the terminal.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
twinone
Mouseketeer

If possible I'd like to do a shuttle to the terminal if its offered, I think it would be easier with 7 people and luggage vs a cab
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
twinone
Mouseketeer

Best hotel rate pre cruise-Port Canaveral?

Since there's 7 of us traveling in Jan I think we'll need two rooms for the night prior to our Dream cruise. We plan to take a shuttle to the port in the morning. I know there's alot of options for hotels (Radission, Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and CI&S) where can you get the best price? I looked at Hotwire but didn't understand how it works, I guess Priceline is an option also but again not sure if its worth the risk???
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #5
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinone View Post
Since there's 7 of us traveling in Jan I think we'll need two rooms for the night prior to our Dream cruise. We plan to take a shuttle to the port in the morning. I know there's alot of options for hotels (Radission, Hampton Inn, Residence Inn and CI&S) where can you get the best price? I looked at Hotwire but didn't understand how it works, I guess Priceline is an option also but again not sure if its worth the risk???
prices vary....we prefer the MRI...big 2 bedroom suites.....1 king bed and 1 bathroom in each bedroom, a pull out couch in the living room, full kitchen. Each bedroom also has a TV as well as one in the living room. A full hot buffet breakfast is included in the rate as well.

We have stayed at the CI&S and did not like it as much. The MRI is a great hotel...very near the port. I just book at the Mariott website.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #6
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinone View Post
If possible I'd like to do a shuttle to the terminal if its offered, I think it would be easier with 7 people and luggage vs a cab
Have you thought about just renting a car? We had 8 people and we rented a 13 pax van from MCO to the port. Kept it at the hotel overnight, dropped everyone and luggage off at the port and then 2 people returned the van to the rental office and took the rental shuttle back to the ship to meet up with the others who already had checked in. Worked great.

The rental car agencies at the port are: Hertz (right in the parking lot of the CI&S and the MRI), Budget, Avis, Thrifty/Dollar and Enterprise. Alamo may be there now..I am sure someone will correct me!

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
travelcoupons
DIS Veteran

Only place I can think of where it's theoretically possible to do it with one room is the Residence Inn. They do have 2 bedroom suites (KING in one room, KING in the other + sofabed) and says they have rollaways. Give them a call 1-321-323-1100. If you go on http://www.parkingstay.com there's a link to get 10% more off at the Residence.

Alamo is in the same building and shares a shuttle with Enterprise (the parent company of Alamo)
Old 11-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
samily
DIS Veteran

You could also try the Ron Jon Resort - they have 2 bedroom villas that sleep 8.
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: