Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #1
raydurz
Mouseketeer

Mailing from the Owlery

Are people still able to dens letters from the Owlery with a Hogdmeade postmark? Thanks.

Last edited by raydurz; 11-29-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I can't spell
raydurz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

I sent postcards at the Owlery, sent them with post card stamps I had brought with me, at the end of August. Fun getting the postcard with the Potter postmark.

I would think it is still available. They also sell stamps in the Owlery. We bought a block of Potter stamps just to save.
Lynne G is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
raydurz
Mouseketeer

Awesome to hear. Thank you!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #4
dfriia
Mouseketeer

Keep in mind, they will stamp anything you nicely ask them to stamp with that Hogsmeade Owl. I mailed a letter and then asked them to stamp my new passport also and she was happy to do it and asked if I wanted anything else stamped.
dfriia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:10 PM   #5
KlutzyK8
There's no place like WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydurz View Post
Are people still able to dens letters from the Owlery with a Hogdmeade postmark? Thanks.
Are there Harry Potter postcards there for sale? I'm assuming yes, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something being available!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #6
coastgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfriia View Post
Keep in mind, they will stamp anything you nicely ask them to stamp with that Hogsmeade Owl. I mailed a letter and then asked them to stamp my new passport also and she was happy to do it and asked if I wanted anything else stamped.

Ooo...I love the sound of this but fear the power of the Customs Officer! Have you had any questions on your passport with this in?

1st trip May/June 06
Jan/Feb 07, same crew at CBR. DCL Magic Eastern Dec 07 CSR Sept 2009
Universal/WWoHP in Sunset Lakes villa Feb 2010 Same again Aug 2013 in Emerald Island villa

PTR/TR Without the Mouse Round 2
TR: First visit to Universal/SeaWorld Feb 2011
coastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #7
BrinkofSunshine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutzyK8 View Post
Are there Harry Potter postcards there for sale? I'm assuming yes, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something being available!
Yep!
BrinkofSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #8
dfriia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastgirl View Post
Ooo...I love the sound of this but fear the power of the Customs Officer! Have you had any questions on your passport with this in?
No, Never had a problem. I don't think anyone but me has ever even looked through the stamps in there to see which are from actual countries and which aren't.
dfriia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #9
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, Never had a problem. I don't think anyone but me has ever even looked through the stamps in there to see which are from actual countries and which aren't.
Yeah....customs would be a ridiculous process if they spent the time going through to look at every stamp.
From my experience, they only seem to care about the ones for their country. ie. South Korean exit customs officers check to make sure that US citizens entered their country less than 90 days before, because otherwise they can fine them.
Theoretically, they just scan the chip and it lets them know the information. The actual stamp is just a formality.
It doesn't matter to them. It may matter to you if you fill your passport with random stuff and run out of pages, so you have to get a new one.

That does sound like a fun idea, but I won't be taking my passport to Universal with me.
POFQ Apr 13-20 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #10
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Clearly I didn't do enough homework on this one. I bought postcards and the uber-expensive HP stamps and dropped my cards in the post box. They arrived with a regular USPS postmark . D'oh!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #11
jjas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Very true! My oldest DD bought a very nice notebook/sketch book to take home to her roommate (wasn't too expensive either) and they stamped the inside cover. Made a very nice keepsake.
Me , DH , DD1 (27) , DD2 (21) , Max , Tucker , Lilly
jjas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: