Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
abbyar
Mouseketeer

United Card/FF Status - Luggage Questions

Hi All -
We're flying out to L.A. for the EBPC next week (YAYAYAYAYAY!) - I have a United Mastercard that we use (booked flight on points) and also have Silver Status. As part of my status, I'm allowed a free bag (but not for my guests, have to be gold for that). I'm also allowed a free bag with my United Card. Does this entitle me to 2 free bags, or is that not permitted? I can't find anything on the United site and I'm not going to wait on hold for 45 minutes to figure it out....
Although, I suppose it's not a huge issue as we could always take a 2nd carryon. I'm more worried about fitting all the luggage in the cab.
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
neg58
DIS Veteran

I don't know but I'd certainly argue that I am entitled to it and just act like of course I am. "Good morning, I'm checking two bags, one under the MC and one under club status." If they say no, then pay for the second bag or carry it on.

Often they check bags for free if you check them at the gate, so if they know the flight is full and you argue at the front check in desk, they may let you check even more at the counter before security. Those agents have a lot of power to waive fees.

Nancy
neg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
dismom73
It's an illness, I know!
Shares a special day with Disneyland!

I work for United(sorry, I can't answer your question )but I can tell you that it's always free to check your bags at the gate. You just have to make sure they are not the super big ones because you wont be able to get through security with those.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow cruiser! If they say anything, I would think you could just say that you were using your status for your free checked bag and your spouse was using the cc free checked bag...I am assuming you both have the credit card in each of your names?? That is how I would handle it. Good luck! See you soon.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
abbyar
Mouseketeer

That's what I was figuring as well. Technically, the rule is that only the primary cardholder gets a free checked bag - not sure how someone would determine that though.

See you on the 9th!
abbyar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: